Return of the good old days.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that Culpepper Is healthy and been named the starter it is going to be like the good old days come this December 9th.

Culpepper and Brett going head to head on the frozen tundra. Not to mention the newly slim Warren Sapp chasing Brett for old times sake.

Can not wait.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I hope you that there is a "relative degree" of slimness when talking about one Mr. Sapp.. LOL... kinda like a tall midg...errr "little person"...

So RP... are you a Packer fan that day or Raider fan?

PS... I think the Raider's are going to surprise some people this year..

And last question.. what on earth is Davis going to do with Russell?

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how Davis can budge. From what I've heard, Russell wants at least $5 mil more in guaranteed money than Davis is willing to pay. I understand the guy was the #1 pick, but I don't see how you can demand so much money when you haven't taken a single snap in the league. I mean, if he does sign soon, he's going to be the third string QB. Also, I had heard that McCown was going to be named the starter, but I'm sure they're going back and forth about it, so I could be wrong.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Now that Culpepper Is healthy and been named the starter it is going to be like the good old days come this December 9th.

Culpepper and Brett going head to head on the frozen tundra. Not to mention the newly slim Warren Sapp chasing Brett for old times sake.

Can not wait.

You can never return to the good ole days. They were the days before free agency. When you had a pretty good idea that the majority of the players were going to spend the majority of their careers on your team.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Looks like the article out of Oakland to "Pro Football Talk" was wrong.

I Stand Corrected.

Culpepper will not start.

It is still interesting when it comes to the game in December.

I just heard another rumor that Culpepper will start. I don't know who to believe anymore! Haha! I wonder if they even really know.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And last question.. what on earth is Davis going to do with Russell?

He'll eventually sign his fat #1 draft pick contract and then ride the bench the rest of the year.

Probably will compete for the starting gig next year.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is amazing how things change. I can remember when Raider's senior partner Al Davis was the one that was causing problems in NFL because he was offering huge contracts to players in 1970's etc.

Such as to a great player like former great linebacker Ted "The stork" Hendricks of the Green Bay Packers. In 1975, Hendricks played out his option with the Packer s and became a Raider. Hendricks played 9 more season with the Raiders and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Green Bay could not match the big dollars Al Davis of Raiders could offer the 6 '7'' linebacker Ted Hendricks . "What comes around, comes around". There was no salary cap until 1993.

I would image sooner or later, Raiders and Russell will have to come to compromise or Raiders will risk not signing him to a contract .

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good old days when the Packers were consistantly winning the NFC North! Playin all them viking teams with the high powered offense...Ahman Greens first couple years. To me those were fun times

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best thing that could happen to Russell would be to NOT have to play for Oakland this year.

Their offensive line stinks.

I think he's overrated anyways but put him behind a lousy offensive line (which he has NEVER had to do before) and it could ruin him for good.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The Raiders should have played Culpepper...McNown looked okay in the second half... but they started to slowly.. and what happened to Janikowski??? What a dud of a start..

I thought they would win this game...

If I was Davis, I would trade Russell for picks and players.. Russell will be a disappointment in the bay area after this start... IMO.

Members online

Latest posts