Retiring Number Four

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Brass raised and Brett called the bluff. That's really what it boils down to and thank God it's finally over.

Ticket brokers in Minneapolis saw a 50% decline in ticket requests for the Pack/Vikes game this year (from Wisconsin), compared with the past several years. This tells me that Brett's departure has had a much more negative effect on the fan base than first reported, but that's not surprising. Over the past several years, the truth is something that generally doesn't come out until it becomes so apparent, it drowns out the lies - much like global warming is imminent and Obama isn't into redistribution of wealth.

I think the best lesson to take from this based on both sides is, screw it. Do what YOU want to do, not what other people expect you to do. And, if people don't like it, they can get bent too.

It's a comforting feeling knowing there are still MEN in this country not afraid to take up the good fight. It's why this country became so successful.

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Brass raised and Brett called the bluff. That's really what it boils down to and thank God it's finally over.

Ticket brokers in Minneapolis saw a 50% decline in ticket requests for the Pack/Vikes game this year (from Wisconsin), compared with the past several years. This tells me that Brett's departure has had a much more negative effect on the fan base than first reported, but that's not surprising. Over the past several years, the truth is something that generally doesn't come out until it becomes so apparent, it drowns out the lies - much like global warming is imminent and Obama isn't into redistribution of wealth.

I think the best lesson to take from this based on both sides is, screw it. Do what YOU want to do, not what other people expect you to do. And, if people don't like it, they can get bent too.

It's a comforting feeling knowing there are still MEN in this country not afraid to take up the good fight. It's why this country became so successful.

Yeah, just like the bankers. They took all that federal money, and instead of using it how the government wanted to, they boldly gave themselves bonuses. While the rest of the weaklings in the middle class complain and whine about health care, jobs, housing and other meaningless things, the awesome bankers that are the real MEN in this country took the reins and spent that money on yachts and luxury goods. God bless America.

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can see through your lies. You are a fake.

According to your wikipedia you died 2408 years ago, Socrates.

But seriously, this thread is about Favre and retiring his number.

The following is not the same topic as having Favre's number retired:

- Bleak political opinion.
- Philosophy
- Patriotism based on sexist chauvinism.

You, my friend, are telling us nothing more than we already know. We all know we can "do what [WE] want" but this thread isn't about us doing what we want, and liberty, and fighting or whatever the hell you're talking about. This thread is about what we want THEM to do. This is an innocuous discussion about football, not a trivial pursuit (for lack of a better word) to the key answers to life.

So if you want to try and sound smart - or whatever the hell you're trying to do - do it in another thread. If you want to talk about the topic at hand, on the contrary, then you should stay and actually talk about the topic.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see through your lies. You are a fake.

According to your wikipedia you died 2408 years ago, Socrates.

But seriously, this thread is about Favre and retiring his number.

The following is not the same topic as having Favre's number retired:

- Bleak political opinion.
- Philosophy
- Patriotism based on sexist chauvinism.

You, my friend, are telling us nothing more than we already know. We all know we can "do what [WE] want" but this thread isn't about us doing what we want, and liberty, and fighting or whatever the hell you're talking about. This thread is about what we want THEM to do. This is an innocuous discussion about football, not a trivial pursuit (for lack of a better word) to the key answers to life.

So if you want to try and sound smart - or whatever the hell you're trying to do - do it in another thread. If you want to talk about the topic at hand, on the contrary, then you should stay and actually talk about the topic.

What I try to get across is that it is fruitless to rail on Favre for continuing to remain gainfully employed.

If the man can garner a king's ransom in gold to command an NFL offense, far be it from any of us to stand in his way.

Live, and let die.:happy0005:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts