Retiring Number Four

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see any ceremony happening at Lambeau for a long time, no matter when BF retires for good. This rift will take time to heal and heal it will. I remember a small handful of fans would actually boo Bart when he came back for reunions not long after he was fired at the Pack's HC. But in a couple of short years he started ot get the biggest cheer of them all and nary a boo in sight. :)

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you can compare the Starr and Favre situations. Bart may have had his faults as Packers coach but he was always true to the Green & Gold and with Favre's treachery Starr goes back to being Mr. Packer yet today.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont wanna burst your bubble but ,, no matter how many of you hate Brett for what ever reason ,,, he will go down in history as a packer .. nothing you say or do will change that ... NOTHING ... i just had to throw that out there ... :happy0005:

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont wanna burst your bubble but ,, no matter how many of you hate Brett for what ever reason ,,, he will go down in history as a packer .. nothing you say or do will change that ... NOTHING ... i just had to throw that out there ... :happy0005:

And OJ Simpson will go down in history as a Buffalo Bill. What's your point? That Brett Favre played for the Packers? I concede that point to you.

He'll go down in history as the most polarizing player in Packer history, too. And the NFL's all time TD pass leader. And the NFL's all time interception leader. And as a guy who had a hard time saying goodbye.

His is a complex legacy. He did some very good things on the field for us for a long time and that certainly will be remembered, but his off field antics and the pettiness and acrimony that he engendered upon his departure will also be remembered.

Favre has been built up by his admirers as a guy who might be the Greatest of All Time.....I don't believe that view will hold up to the scrutiny of history but he'll undoubtedly be considered a HOFer whose durability and proflicness over a long period of time is unmatched.

It would be nice if the an accord could be reached that would enable us to honor what Favre did for the team and I'm hopeful that someday it will happen. But that day is not going to be for a while, if ever. Favre will have to let go of his grudge and the attitude of quite a few people will have to turn around.......it would be embarassing to have thousands of people booing at halftime while they retired his jersey and I assure you, I'd be one of those people and quite a few others would be too.

So his number isn't going to be retired until two things happen:

1) Favre will have to let go of the grudge, get over his hurt, and mend fences with the organization and the fans.

2) The fans will have to forgive.

At this point, I don't see either of those happening for a while.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Favre is the greatest PACKER of all time, you can't deny it!

Ted Thompson is an a&&hole..you can't deny that either! Many current Packer fans hate his guts. Does TT owe these people an apology?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Ted Thompson is an a&&hole..you can't deny that either! Many current Packer fans hate his guts. Does TT owe these people an apology?

Being labeled greatest of all time is a personal opinion..Some say Starr was, some say Brett..I say Brett was and is greatest Packer ever..

Ted doesnt owe anyone other than the board anything, and brett doesnt owe anyone anything either.

I asked before can I see proof of the slander that people claim Ted and Mike did?

Like quotes and such...Where there is 100% absolute proof Ted or Mike did or said something to slander Brett

Once you find those, I will post my quotes and interviews fromBrett showing his lies

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hysterical blather.

Curley Lambeau. Vince Lombardi. Don Hutson. All great, great figures in the history of this franchise. Hutson set record that stood for a half century and is still the only player to lead the league in scoring seven times.

Starr. Nitschke. Willie Davis. First ballot HOFers. 5 championship rings each and more class in their little fingers than Favre has shown with his entire being. Starr still holds the record for all-time playoff passer rating.......a half century and he hasn't been touched. A 9-1 playoff record and two Super Bowl MVP awards.

I don't think Packer fans think TT is an ***hole; I think that some Brett Favre fans do.

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings would trade Favre for Aaron Rodgers in a heartbeat. Enough said about the wisdom of the Packers, more specifically Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy on that decision.

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WOW, have you even looked at Arod's numbers last year or what? Im a hardcore packer fan and I LOVE the roster we have now. And yea there are waaaaaaaayy more ppl in front of brett as the best packer ever. I mean damn levens are you a viking fan now or what man? I love brett WE ALL DO!!! And one day theyll put his name with all the greats at lambeau. But for right now, brett is the enemy as far as Im concerned. Rodgers is the next Best thing in Football ACCEPT IT!!!!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO hands down the greatest player in Packer history was Don Hutson. He changed the game, created pass patterns, played both ways and had records that stood for decades. Favre will be remembered for his endurance, passion and love of the game.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW, have you even looked at Arod's numbers last year or what? Im a hardcore packer fan and I LOVE the roster we have now. And yea there are waaaaaaaayy more ppl in front of brett as the best packer ever. I mean damn levens are you a viking fan now or what man? I love brett WE ALL DO!!! And one day theyll put his name with all the greats at lambeau. But for right now, brett is the enemy as far as Im concerned. Rodgers is the next Best thing in Football ACCEPT IT!!!!

This Levens guy is a Favre fan thru and thru and in his eyes BF can do no wrong, is the greatest thing since sliced bread and was unceremoniously run out of GB on a rail. He ignores the fact that BF retired. I'd wager he'd be thrilled if BF won another ring with the queens - this I find repugnant to the max! :puke:

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pugger, I agree. It will be a disgrace if he wins the queens a ring.

But, I doubt it will happen.

Anywho, I still find solace in the fact that Favre, no matter what, will be remembered as a Packer.

Not a Viking, not a Jet, not as a Falcon, but as a Packer.

It was with the Packers that he made his legacy.

For this same reason Michael Jordan has not been remembered as a Wizard, or whatever stupid baseball team he played for, but as a Bull.

RJay715

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someday, Brett Favre is going to be looked at as one of if not the greatest Packer of all time. He will also be recognized as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. How can't he? He holds all of the passing records. He's the first player to ever win 3 MVP awards. The problem with Packer fans is that they never wanted it to end. It's almost as if we forgot he was human. But he's 39 years old now. It's time to move on. The Superbowl years were 12 and 13 years ago. Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback and he's a damn good one if you ask me. If anyone is going to honestly tell me they would rather have Brett Favre as their starting QB instead of Aaron Rodgers in the year 2009, I would call them crazy. Favre is never going to lead another team to a superbowl simply because HE ISN'T THAT GOOD ANYMORE. He's not young anymore. He is coming off of surgery on his throwing shoulder, something he never had before. He's just not that healthy anymore.

But in 5 years when Brett is being inducted into the hall of fame, People will be talking about him as a Packer. The Vikings stint might be mentioned, but not dwelled upon. I'd be willing to bet a lot of people forget he ever played for the Jets. He said it himself. He will always be a Packer.

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well hell, how many people remember that he was a Falcon?

Nobody, that's who.

(Mind you he played one game with them, which lead to 3 INT's of like... 5 throws or something ridiculous)

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Someday, Brett Favre is going to be looked at as one of if not the greatest Packer of all time. He will also be recognized as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. How can't he? He holds all of the passing records. He's the first player to ever win 3 MVP awards. The problem with Packer fans is that they never wanted it to end. It's almost as if we forgot he was human. But he's 39 years old now. It's time to move on. The Superbowl years were 12 and 13 years ago. Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback and he's a damn good one if you ask me. If anyone is going to honestly tell me they would rather have Brett Favre as their starting QB instead of Aaron Rodgers in the year 2009, I would call them crazy. Favre is never going to lead another team to a superbowl simply because HE ISN'T THAT GOOD ANYMORE. He's not young anymore. He is coming off of surgery on his throwing shoulder, something he never had before. He's just not that healthy anymore.

But in 5 years when Brett is being inducted into the hall of fame, People will be talking about him as a Packer. The Vikings stint might be mentioned, but not dwelled upon. I'd be willing to bet a lot of people forget he ever played for the Jets. He said it himself. He will always be a Packer.

That's funny.

Alot of creeps have been saying that for 5 years (probably led by the head creep, Ted Thompson), yet Favre went 14-3 for the Packers just 2 years ago...

Sorry, but that logic may make you feel better, but does not hold up in the light of day!

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's funny.

Alot of creeps have been saying that for 5 years (probably led by the head creep, Ted Thompson), yet Favre went 14-3 for the Packers just 2 years ago...

Sorry, but that logic may make you feel better, but does not hold up in the light of day!

Yes, because Brett Favre was responsible for our 14-3 record, but he wasn't responsible for our 4-12 record in 2005. That was the team's fault.

With a trip to the Super Bowl on the line and the game tied in overtime, the entire offense did their job except for one guy.....the same guy who's been peeing on himself in the playoffs for the last 5 years.

Changes were made, the team has moved on, and Favre still has some foolish people convinced he can take a team to the Super Bowl.

I am laughing.

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until a couple years after he retires (for the 4th time), Brett is on the top of my list of hated enemies. Send an all out linebacker blitz in there after him, I don't care. As soon as Brett goes down for an injury, the Purple P*nis Eaters go down for the count, not even AP can save them.

:viksux:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until a couple years after he retires (for the 4th time), Brett is on the top of my list of hated enemies. Send an all out linebacker blitz in there after him, I don't care. As soon as Brett goes down for an injury, the Purple P*nis Eaters go down for the count, not even AP can save them.

:viksux:

To wish injury on an NFL player is disappointing. To wish injury on an American legend and Wisconsin sports hero is sickening.

Again, you people have no idea - none whatsoever - in regards to how sports, a business like any other American business - operates.

For the upteenth time - Favre found himself unwanted and chose to choose employment elsewhere - with the backing and doing of Packers' brass. It's business. It happens. Get over it!!!

The ironic aspect of your ridiculous post is that Favre hasn't missed a game in his career, yet because you are displaying traits of a homer, you somehow feel not only will Favre miss a game this season - something that has eluded him for some 20 freakin' years - but, that he will miss game(s) as a direct result of the Green Bay defense. Your Honor - the defense rests.

I'd suggest concerning yourself with why Green Bay made a horrible Bears' offense look downright scary in the second half. Also, call McCarthy and ask him why he remains one of only a handful of NFL coaches that cannot successfully make adjustments at half time. The type of coaching on display this past Sunday nite by the Packers will be the ONLY reason they fail to reach the Super Bowl this season. I demand better coaching and so should you! :paladin:

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the upteenth time - Favre found himself unwanted and chose to choose employment elsewhere -

You keep saying this. And you keep forgetting to add:
for the express purpose of getting revenge against the TT, the Packers, the organization, and the fans.

So when you put that entire statement together, it would read like this

For the upteenth time - Favre found himself unwanted and chose to choose employment elsewhere
for the express purpose of getting revenge against the TT, the Packers, the organization, and the fans.

See, it makes a difference when you tell the ENTIRE truth and not just the part that you want to tell.

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To wish injury on an NFL player is disappointing. To wish injury on an American legend and Wisconsin sports hero is sickening.

Again, you people have no idea - none whatsoever - in regards to how sports, a business like any other American business - operates.

For the upteenth time - Favre found himself unwanted and chose to choose employment elsewhere - with the backing and doing of Packers' brass. It's business. It happens. Get over it!!!

The ironic aspect of your ridiculous post is that Favre hasn't missed a game in his career, yet because you are displaying traits of a homer, you somehow feel not only will Favre miss a game this season - something that has eluded him for some 20 freakin' years - but, that he will miss game(s) as a direct result of the Green Bay defense. Your Honor - the defense rests.

I'd suggest concerning yourself with why Green Bay made a horrible Bears' offense look downright scary in the second half. Also, call McCarthy and ask him why he remains one of only a handful of NFL coaches that cannot successfully make adjustments at half time. The type of coaching on display this past Sunday nite by the Packers will be the ONLY reason they fail to reach the Super Bowl this season. I demand better coaching and so should you! :paladin:

Everyone has their own opinion, maybe I am being a little harsh in regards to him getting injured (hes one of the most durable guys EVER, yes, and I am not asking for him to be put in a wheelchair) but what was Urlacher trying to do to Aaron this past weekend. Was he just saying hello? No! You try and get to that QB and hit him with all you've got and bury him into the ground if he still has the ball or has just gotten rid of it. I would not wish injury on anyone but if it happens in a game against OUR (well not sure if our means me and you, because it seems like youve hopped up on top of the BF train) team, and it directly affects our season (hmm, like I said, if Brett goes down, Minny goes down?) , buddy then I am all for it. He is not our QB anymore, he is the ENEMY, and if you dont think that then why dont you just go paint your face purple with a 4 and a heart on your chest.

Yes Brett is a legend, I know that, I loved the guy for sooooooooo long. But who in their right mind would go ahead and without second guessing (we all knew the whole time he wanted to go to minny, even last year) play for the most hated rival of the team that he became a legend with. That is downright disrespectful if you ask me. The millions of Packer fans were so greatful of him playing here over the years, and when he RETIRED, we knew that this kid Aaron Rodgers who had been following and learning from this legend was more than ready to play, even though we were hesitant at first. So after he comes out in his first year and throws for over 4000 yards, 28 tds and a rating of 93%, we know we made the right decision. Sure, maybe Brett and TT had a little feud but don't go out there and not think about your adoring fans and go play for the MINNESOTA f'n VIKINGS, even if they are one of few teams in the league with a QB controversy.

I cannot wait for the games against the Viqueens, if Brett torches us, good on him, he earned the praise. But I will be booing the s**t out of him no matter what happens.

BUT when his time is up and he comes to be retired, I will GLADLY put away my bitterness and remember him for all the good times that he has provided for us over the years, because he sure has provided enough.

P.S. I wouldnt call Matt Forte, one of the better RBs all last year, and Jay Cutler (who has potential, with one of the fastest receivers in the league) a horrible offence. What was there to adjust? They were doing everything right, how would he have adjusted doing things right? by doing them wrong I guess.

Again, :viksux:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
To wish injury on an American legend and Wisconsin sports hero is sickening.
Are you serious with the "American legend" talk? The guy isn't Thomas Jefferson, he isn't Abraham Lincoln, he isn't Martin Luther King Jr., and yet, by calling him an "American legend" that is what you're implying. That he's on the same level as those TRUE American legends.

He's an NFL quarterback. If you want to call him an NFL legend, fine, you'd be correct. But to say he's an American legend is foolish. I doubt there will be a Brett Favre chapter in high school History class textbooks 30 years from now.

I've never seen such blind Favre worship. Not even from that D.Levens guy.:liturgy:

Members online

Latest posts