Restrictions on new members

LeoInShawano

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very much. there, that's 5 glad to see you are trying to limit troll problems. that's what made the espn Packer message board unusable, 1 troll with dozens of screen names.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

yes, but the trolls quickly found a way to spam bomb the boards.....by voting on old polls

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Don't freak out, this forum has rode this horse before. They have their guns loaded and the Marshals. are on patrol

LeoInShawano

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Don't freak out, this forum has rode this horse before. They have their guns loaded and the Marshals. are on patrol
Cool. in the early 2000's that board was all Packers, all the time. then the trolls took over, & i've been looking for a new home for several years. I found this by googling "packer forum"

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. in the early 2000's that board was all Packers, all the time. then the trolls took over, & i've been looking for a new home for several years. I found this by googling "packer forum"

Good to know we still get some quality traffic from that keyword in Google! :)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Couldn`t a small fee be introduced to join, maybe something like $5 or something ? That would discourage trolls from making many names ?
Despite recent "problems", I`d be prepared to pay a small fee to continue on the forum. Just saying !

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Couldn`t a small fee be introduced to join, maybe something like $5 or something ? That would discourage trolls from making many names ?
Despite recent "problems", I`d be prepared to pay a small fee to continue on the forum. Just saying !
Probably changes the rules under which the board operates.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I'm different sometimes I find value in what supporters of other teams have to say. Sometimes you can be too much in the bubble to see some weak spots in a team. Often you learn from a loss than win sometimes.

PackAttack55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New to this site. I'm a Packer shareholder, not a troll or spammer. Is there some type of requirement in order to join the chat room? It tells me invalid username or password even though I'm signed in.

Thanks....

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
New to this site. I'm a Packer shareholder, not a troll or spammer. Is there some type of requirement in order to join the chat room? It tells me invalid username or password even though I'm signed in.

Thanks....
Unless its changed u must have at least 5 messages before u can get into the chat box

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems mostly the trolls that go around here are the Mike McCarthy complainers. Lol jk, no I know, everyone's free to have an opinion on a coach or player within the rules, but it just baffles me how much complaining about him I have seen on multiple Packer forums I've been to. I don't think I've ever seen as much complaining from the home fans about one of the winningest head coaches in all of football as I've seen about MM and it's silly.

SpaceCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am all for setting some boundaries on brand new members. It seems 50% of new members are trolls or spammers. I would suggest either not allowing a new member to post till 24 hours has passed (as a member) or cannot create new threads till they have reached a certain number of posts. Anyone agree or disagree? Suggestions?
disagree

Acme Packing Co.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am toying around with this idea of making it 5-10 posts before you can do a few things. Right now we only restrict the shout box, but I am totally for restricting new threads.
Well I guess this is why I cannot introduce myself to the forum then. I have to make 5-10 meaningless replies to threads first. I'm getting this in the "Introduce Yourself " thread: (You have insufficient privileges to post here.)

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am toying around with this idea of making it 5-10 posts before you can do a few things. Right now we only restrict the shout box, but I am totally for restricting new threads.
That makes sense. The trolls are bothersome. There are a few regular posters as well who seem to think their opinions are the only ones that matter. They rarely, if ever, give kudos to posters who have (gasp) politely corrected them, or even just for posting something that is, again politely, thought provoking.

Now I'm a realist and those people probably won't change. But as long as we're discussing this I thought I'd mention it. I come here to 1) share my opinions and 2) learn things I don't know. Bottom line, for the regulars, try to acknowledge when someone posts a correction or posts something thought provoking. At the very least, you'll gain credibility. No one person is always right.

And this is coming from a "reformed" poster. I engaged in less than dignified exchanges. This is my favorite forum. Let's be polite to each other. There are some posters with an incredible wealth of statistical info that is very interesting, but not the final word on every topic. Keep an open mind. I think Mark Twain said there are three kinds of lies - 1) lies, 2) damned lies, and 3) statistics. Most discussions and posts end up being opinions and so subjective. Let's just all acknowledge that. I've seen the light, with all thanks to BuggyBill!

Members online

Latest posts