Reservations at the Road Star in Green Bay for family night

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wanted to let people know if they are going to family night in Green Bay on Aug. 5 and have reservations at the Road Star motel, they better check to make sure their reservations are still there. I made our reservations the day that the date for family night was announced and was given a confirmation number. Two weeks ago, I added Aug. 3rd to our reservation and said now these are the dates right: Aug. 3, 4, 5, 6. I was told they were. Yesterday, I called because someone said that his reservations were no longer there, and guess what. Our reservations are no longer there. They are only there for the 3 and 4. I told the person that I had a confirmation number and she said that was only good for the 3 and 4. So, if you are going and have reservations there, you better check them out. Now, all the motels are booked up. So, I don't know what we are going to do. She told me I would have to talk to the manager because she couldn't do anything. By the way, the rumor is that a disgruntled employee took all the reservations including the ones for the Packer home games. What a bummer!!!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CarolK--Call Packer Country Visitor & Convention Bureau. They are the clearing house for Hotel rooms vacancies for Green Bay Area. They should be able to find you a room. Tell them of your problem with the Road Star Inn. Phone: Toll free 1-888-867-3342 Email www.packercountry.com Address 1901 S. Oneida Street- Green Bay, Wi. 54307-0596. Let me know if you still have a problem after doing this. I will see if I can help you out, as you probably know I live in GB area. there is alway hope for a cancellation between now and Packer- Bill scrimmage dates. I "hang out" at Bay Family Restaurant which is attached to Bay Motel in Green Bay, I'll tell them of your problem & have the Bay Motel keep me if informed if any cancellation occurs and see if his fellow Motels owners would inform him also. Everybody in GB is interested in being sure that Packer fan visitors to our city have a positive feeling about their experience here. Participating in Packer forums is a hobby of mine, as well as, helping out any Packer Fan poster, who want information or help planning their trip to Green Bay. I have the information at my finger tips and have on many occasions informed Posters when they requested help. I will be glad to help you also.

OP
OP
C

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks PW. We got our room back. I guess they had some trouble with a former manager who was fired because of embezzling, and he took the reservations with them. I just contacted the Road Star on Thurs. eve., and we are all set for family night. BTW, we had contacted the Bay Motel, but they were full as every place else in GB was. The Bay Family REstaurant is a good place to eat, isn't it. We have eaten there several times when we've been in GB. Thanks again.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it looks like even Breen Bay has a bit of a problem with crime...

Just the same - good info as always, PW --- I'll make sure to post some of this on our IPB site...
You should stop over and check it out... Our group always has questions which at times I cannot answer, as in this one.....

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carol K--glad you have hotel room, they are in short supply for family night. You probably would have to taken one outside of Green Bay, if Roadstar would not have done the right thing. IBPrez-Unfortunately, Green Bay has crime like everywhere else. But has about the 4th or 5th lowest rate in U.S. for cities in the 100,000 population classification. However, you still must take precautions, while here. What it your Eamil address for IBP site?? I take it, this is your site. I'll stop in if I get the E Mail address.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
IPBprez-Unfortunately, Green Bay has crime like everywhere else. But has about the 4th or 5th lowest rate in U.S. for cities in the 100,000 population classification. However, you still must take precautions, while here. What it your Eamil address for IBP site?? I take it, this is your site. I'll stop in if I get the E Mail address.

At any time - when a Member has a need to find out how to access our Club web site - then you can view my personal profile listed here on this Message Forum...

Go to - www.IndyPackerBackers.com -- for now, that direct link is merely a "re-direct-or" for the existing MSN Groups web site - so, if you wait the customary 10 seconds, it will take you to another web page... at MSN.

Simply click on my pic in the center and it will give you the email addy.
Plenty of info to be found and always growing.

Good luck!

OP
OP
C

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would just like to say that there seems to be a lot of caring people on this forum. I had so many nice responses to my problem of no motel room. Everyone is so kind and thoughtful. It just goes to show that Packer fans care about other Packer fans. Thanks everyone and have a good week.

Members online

Latest posts