packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any sources but it was on ESPN. Packeres eying keyshawn. Some help For Favre here?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any sources but it was on ESPN. Packeres eying keyshawn. Some help For Favre here?

Bump.

Any new news on this fellow Packer fans? I'd like to have him. Like others have said, he moves the chains and makes up for our poor TE play. We could use some help in the Red Zone, of which our play is unacceptable.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think TT is going to seriously consider bringing him into the fold. Based on the last draft, Keyshawn would have to have a bad hamstring pull, or some other injury to be seriously considered as worthy to be added to the roster.

I don't think Keyshawn would ever be happy playing in Green Bay. I would love to see him added just for the theatrics. I guarantee if he did come he and Brett would likely to have one of those great "caught on camera" moments jawing back and forth with each other ala T.O. and Donovan McNabb. Keyshawn is one of the few guys who would throw Favre under the bus when he deserves it. All of our other guys never say a bad word about him when he makes some of those infamous stupid throws into triple coverage.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think TT is going to seriously consider bringing him into the fold. Based on the last draft, Keyshawn would have to have a bad hamstring pull, or some other injury to be seriously considered as worthy to be added to the roster.

I don't think Keyshawn would ever be happy playing in Green Bay. I would love to see him added just for the theatrics. I guarantee if he did come he and Brett would likely to have one of those great "caught on camera" moments jawing back and forth with each other ala T.O. and Donovan McNabb. Keyshawn is one of the few guys who would throw Favre under the bus when he deserves it. All of our other guys never say a bad word about him when he makes some of those infamous stupid throws into triple coverage.

oooooooo wait til the Green Bay Favrers fans read that! :D

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keyshawn has shown a great improvement in maturity since Me-shawn. He has been the #2 WR behind Smith at Carolina, and has had little problems there as well. That being said, I think our team could use the money is much better ways.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont get your hopes up about Keyshawn, plus he might slow up Jennings development anyway
Why would Keyshawn slow his development? If Jennings beats out Keyshawn, he will be the No. 2 and get plenty of passes. If Jennings isn't good enough in camp to beat out Keyshawn then he'll move to the slot and have to earn those catches.

The worst thing for Jennings' development (IMO) would be to give him a red carpet to the No. 2 spot (with just James jones and Clowney really battling). Then, he may not give as high an effort as if he had a solid vet to beat like Keyshawn. I expect we will see a lot more 3 WR sets to open up the running game this season. The only reason we didn't see it as much in 06 was the injuries. And, I'd rather have Driver, Jennings, Keyshawn than Driver, Jennings, rookie. If we know anything from the history of jennings and Driver - it's that the odds are against both guys staying healthy all season. Wouldn't it be nice to have a vet (doesn't neces have to be keyshawn) to put in if an injury occurs instead of once again relying on rookies?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BigPlay31 said:
Dont get your hopes up about Keyshawn, plus he might slow up Jennings development anyway
Why would Keyshawn slow his development? If Jennings beats out Keyshawn, he will be the No. 2 and get plenty of passes. If Jennings isn't good enough in camp to beat out Keyshawn then he'll move to the slot and have to earn those catches.

The worst thing for Jennings' development (IMO) would be to give him a red carpet to the No. 2 spot (with just James jones and Clowney really battling). Then, he may not give as high an effort as if he had a solid vet to beat like Keyshawn. I expect we will see a lot more 3 WR sets to open up the running game this season. The only reason we didn't see it as much in 06 was the injuries. And, I'd rather have Driver, Jennings, Keyshawn than Driver, Jennings, rookie. If we know anything from the history of jennings and Driver - it's that the odds are against both guys staying healthy all season. Wouldn't it be nice to have a vet (doesn't neces have to be keyshawn) to put in if an injury occurs instead of once again relying on rookies?

Agreed. Driver, Jennings, KJ sounds good to me; much better than Driver, Jennings, rookie.

And with our luck with WRs and injuries....

(don't worry, I knocked on wood)

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst thing for Jennings' development (IMO) would be to give him a red carpet to the No. 2 spot (with just James jones and Clowney really battling). Then, he may not give as high an effort as if he had a solid vet to beat like Keyshawn.

Greg Jennings is a high character guy, he would work his butt off to be on this team. He dosent do complacency.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keyshawn is old and never was ne good....Just like the mod about to delete this post,.,.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Soo, any word on this situation? What about LJ?

I can't deny it, i'm still patiently waiting for at least one veteran playmaker to be signed in one form or another, whether it's KJ, LJ, or anyone else.

Give us that Ted!!

Members online

Latest posts