Report: Packers to dump Jermichael Finley

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not arguing with you about the fact that he's gone in the tank, or that his contract was alarmingly expensive. But it seems like you're bagging on Uncle Ted for giving that contract to one of the worst kickers in the league. He didn't. Crosby was pretty solid then, and there was absolutely no indication that his game would tailspin into the ****-show that it has become in the last month or so.

H

HardRightEdge

I think that he had a drop on his first catch, and then 5 for 60 some yards yesterday. The plan may be to get Finley playing great down the stretch so that his trade value rises. Not bad maneuvering if TT is pulling all of the strings on this scenario.

That was not a drop; not even close. That's the double standard talking again.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not arguing with you about the fact that he's gone in the tank, or that his contract was alarmingly expensive. But it seems like you're bagging on Uncle Ted for giving that contract to one of the worst kickers in the league. He didn't. Crosby was pretty solid then, and there was absolutely no indication that his game would tailspin into the ****-show that it has become in the last month or so.

In 2010, he got his contract in July of 2011 I believe, he was tied for 22nd in FG %. In 2009 he was tied for 25th. 2008 he was 26th.

Feel free to call those numbers what you want.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't want to get into a stat fight, because I don't think they're reliable unless you're looking at composites. I could say in 2009 that only two players kicked more 50+ yarders, and they play in sunny California and Arizona. Which brings up the fact that perhaps the only kickers with tougher kicking enironments are Chicago and the two NY teams.

Just those two qualifications stack the deck against top-numbers for any kicker in Green Bay. Well, what about Longwell? Longwell was excellent, of course. Again, I don't think you're being fair. If you're looking at FG percentage alone, you see he's right at the point of being bottom third in the league, but there are a lot of variables you seem to be dismissing.

A few isolated stats without context make things less clear, not more clear.

Members online

Latest posts