Report: Packers on verge of trade for Moss

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is very bothersome to me.

Truthfully why do we need Moss? We have Driver #1 and Jennings #2. Plus, this years draft is the deepest in years at WR.

If we are willing to trade away Rodgers why didn't we do it for a position we really need help at?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well I think the Packers front office is trying to give Brett weapons to make a run this year.... or next:) Plus maybe they seen enough out of Martin to make this trade happen or not enough out of Rodgers to keep him around.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if this is true... TT fleeced the raiders like it was his job. oh wait it is his job....

TT haters come on even you gotta like this. a bonafide gamebreaking WR and a TE(position of need) for a backup QB and a 7th round pick. AND WE GET A GREAT PICK IF RODGERS DOES GOOD IN OAKLAND!!! if he does bad we still get a pick just not as good.

ridiculous if you ask me. and theres some talent in the draft as far as qb goes. brady quinn could fall to us like aaron did. id like brady better anyway.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i mean no really.. this is great. whens the last time the green bay packers even needed a backup QB.

we robbed them.

people who complain about getting weapons... now brett has two bonafide number 1 recievers a promising rookie. and options at TE.

skylerjheav

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The link to that article on PackersNews.com now says "UPDATE - Harlan: Trade for Moss isn't close to happening "

What is one to think of this

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what to believe. I hardly think it's a coincidence that R.P’s story is the same as the Boston Herald. Keep in mind R.P. said his story first. Perhaps Thompson is to busy to get a call into Harlan. I really don't know what to say. I'm just going to sit back and watch I guess.

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The link to that article on PackersNews.com now says "UPDATE - Harlan: Trade for Moss isn't close to happening "

doesnt harlan have to say the usual "blah blah blah" otherwise its tapmering? he cant come out and say "oh yeah its goin down"

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
skylerjheav said:

doesnt harlan have to say the usual "blah blah blah" otherwise its tapmering? he cant come out and say "oh yeah its goin down"

Not tampering now, they can trade with no issues..

He MIGHT just be doing this to avoid a HUGE media crush when they arent ready for it

skylerjheav

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chevelle2 said:
skylerjheav said:

Not tampering now, they can trade with no issues..

He MIGHT just be doing this to avoid a HUGE media crush when they arent ready for it

That could very well be the case. Good point, longtimefan.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and no one posted the original article? all i see is that it is NOT close ... bleh

I actually looked it up

Boston Herald Article

This was the same guy who had stated the Patriots had not signed Donte Stallworth when all those reports came out that he had signed with them right away.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Espn Cold Pizza just said the Packers have no interest in trading for moss. Only way they will pursue moss is if he is released.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Espn Cold Pizza just said the Packers have no interest in trading for moss. Only way they will pursue moss is if he is released.

Hmmm okay..

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=576312

Thompson refuses to discuss Moss, and Davis always operates under a veil of secrecy. Tim DiPiero, the agent for Moss, was unavailable for comment.

But the source said he was confident that Packers negotiator Andrew Brandt, with permission from Davis, already had had preliminary talks to restructure Moss' remaining base salaries of $9.75 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in '08.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The plot gets thicker...or even more ludicrous

"Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre are said to have been talking on the phone throughout the process. Press conferences could be held as early as Friday."

Moss headed to Green Bay?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
This is bizzare to say the least.

Yeah it is. I'm waiting for NFL Total Access tonight to see what they report there. If they don't say anything then I'm just going to ignore these two reports. If they say something, well I hope it's a deal is close.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From ProFootballTalk this afternoon...Florio has been talking about the Moss for Rodgers deal for sometime now...and I utterly second his final line about our fearless leader ROTTT(Reign of Ted Thompson Terror)
-------------------------
POSTED 10:59 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 11:59 a.m. EDT, March 15, 2007

MOSS DEAL CLOSE

Michael Felger of the Boston Herald reports that the Green Bay Packers are close to acquiring receiver Randy Moss from the Raiders. In return, the Raiders would get quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Is there a freaking echo in here?

We feel vindicated by Felger's report, primarily because our string of stories about this looming deal over the past month or so have been flat-out ignored and/or completely disregarded by the "real" media.

On his Green Bay radio show, our old friend Chris Havel scoffed at our report. Other writers felt compelled to apologize to us via e-mail for printing G.M. Ted Thompon's flippant response to our Rodgers-for-Moss items. Consider this, from the March 1 Wisconsin State Journal:

"Thompson did say the team wasn't actively shopping backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Profootballtalk.com reported the Raiders asked for a first-round pick for Moss, and the Packers countered with offering Rodgers. Rodgers, reached Thursday, said he had not been told he was on the trading block.

"'All I can say is,' Thompson said, 'you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet.'"

The more accurate message is this: You shouldn't believe anything that comes out of Ted Thompson's mouth. Ever."
----------

I second that emotion-----net

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So......fact is......none of us really knows whats going on. I for one, say that it's in the best interest of all partys to keep close mouthed on this, until the deal is done, or it blows up.
We will find out sooner or later either way.

Members online

Latest posts