Report: Julius Peppers 'appears to be done' with Packers

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, given that he slowed down just enough to be noticeable last year, it's probably wise to move on and get younger blood to replace him. But still glad he was able to give us 3 years.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd imagine his ties to other teams he's played on longer might be stronger, but I'd love to have him around as some sort of position coach if he's done playing just to keep his presence and leadership around the team.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not shocked,

This further strengthens the chances/belief that Perry will be resigned...

Datone should be done too

Perry, CM3, Fackrell, rookie, etc at outside linebacker

I would love to see Clay in the middle depending who they take in the 1st round

D

Deleted member 6794

If Demovsky is right about Peppers being done in Green Bay it's another hardly surprising move this offseason. I didn't expect him to actually play three seasons fir the Packers at the time he signed in 2014. While he was very productive and performed at high level over his tenure in green and gold I won't forget him signaling Burnett to go down after his interception at Seattle as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

Based on YOUR definition, was Peppers a TT FA signing?

My opinion doesn't matter as the NFL distinguishes between unrestricted free agents and players that were released by their former teams.

Thompson signing Peppers was even smarter than bringing in an UFA as a move like that doesn't affect the compensatory picks.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it is time to hang it up. He just not as fast as he used to be to compete at a high level. Thanks for the 3 great years man.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much would he have cost? Unless it was in the 3mil range which I doubt, this is best for both sides. Both Elliott and Fackrell I feel could use the extra snaps. Another rookie OLB like Carl Lawson or Jordan Willis would be great also!

D

Deleted member 6794

Both Elliott and Fackrell I feel could use the extra snaps.

With Elliott being a restricted free agent it's far from a given that he will be back with the Packers next season. Fackrell needs to add some weight to take the next step.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL distinguishes between free agents and street free agents for its own reasons. I don't think that the distinction really matters from a fan perspective.

I agree with CaptainWIMM that I didn't expect Peppers to play out his full contract. I was just hoping that he had some juice left in the tank. He definitely did and he kept his foot to the floor until the coaches and age throttled him back. He was a great addition. Too bad Jeff Saturday couldn't have panned out the same way.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
With Elliott being a restricted free agent it's far from a given that he will be back with the Packers next season. Fackrell needs to add some weight to take the next step.

I wouldn't say his roster spot is set in stone, but given that the lowest tender will be in the 1.7M range I would be surprised if he wasn't at least brought into camp.

He led the team in ST tackles and made 4 TFL's on 135 snaps. That seems to be worth at least a low tender and a camp invite.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't say his roster spot is set in stone, but given that the lowest tender will be in the 1.7M range I would be surprised if he wasn't at least brought into camp.

He led the team in ST tackles and made 4 TFL's on 135 snaps. That seems to be worth at least a low tender and a camp invite.

I expect the Packers to tender Elliott as well but it's not a given. Even if the team decides to use the lowest one on him it's still possible he ends up with another team.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mr Peppers and myself will ride on into the sunset in our wheelchairs....the brakes are wearing thin on these damn things.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the Packers to tender Elliott as well but it's not a given. Even if the team decides to use the lowest one on him it's still possible he ends up with another team.
I think resigning Perry as long as its around 8/9Million per and keeping Elliott as rotational and core ST player while letting Peppers retire and Datone sign elsewhere makes most sense. Then draft a promising rookie OLB like Carl Lawson or Jordan Willis. That would help our edge rush group.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think resigning Perry as long as its around 8/9Million per and keeping Elliott as rotational and core ST player while letting Peppers retire and Datone sign elsewhere makes most sense. Then draft a promising rookie OLB like Carl Lawson or Jordan Willis. That would help our edge rush group.

I desperately want the Packers to add a veteran pass rusher as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

Mise well resign Peppers for cheap. He knows Capers not so great scheme already, and he's a high character locker room guy. Problem solved.

Unfortunately I don't believe Peppers is still a high impact player anymore. Therefore I would prefer the Packers to sign a younger pass rusher.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts