Report: Haynesworth to the Redskins

The Coordinator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To much money to spend: Let Snyder overpay and get into cap trouble. Oh wait he does that every year. I cant figure how he gets by almost every year and pay out huge amounts only to get to spend more the next year. At least it has never helped them win.

Posted by Mike Florio on February 24, 2009, 1:09 p.m. EST
Our pal Lance Zierlein, a Houston radio host who has a blog at the Chronicle web site, reports that the Washington Redskins will sign Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth upon the start of the free agency period.

Unless, that is, the Titans exceed the offer that the Redskins will be making.

Writes Zierlein: “My source tells me to look for a contract that could break $100 million with an average of $15 million to $16 million per. My guy is almost never wrong and [Redskins owner] Dan Snyder gets what he wants.”

The bright side? The next time that Haynesworth tries to remove the scalp of Cowboys center Andre Gurode with a cleat, the behavior will better fit the nickname of Haynesworth’s team.

On Monday, Peter King of SI.com predicted that Haynesworth will land in D.C., pointing out that Snyder was seen dining in Indianapolis with Haynesworth’s agent, Chad Speck.

UPDATE: The scalping line was an attempt at humor, along with an implicit recognition of the inherently racist nature of a sports team named “Redskins” and a helmet adorned with a profile of a stereotypical “Indian” warrior. I have long believed that the NFL franchise headquartered in the vicinity of the capital of a nation known for diversity, equality, and tolerance should not carry that nickname. But no one seems to care.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
That scalping line was in poor taste. Though I do agree with the UPDATE thing.

That's not important though, what is important is that Washington just became a contender not just for the East, but to go to the Super Bowl. Friggin Snyder and his cap magic.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Coordinator said:
UPDATE: The scalping line was an attempt at humor, along with an implicit recognition of the inherently racist nature of a sports team named “Redskins” and a helmet adorned with a profile of a stereotypical “Indian” warrior. I have long believed that the NFL franchise headquartered in the vicinity of the capital of a nation known for diversity, equality, and tolerance should not carry that nickname. But no one seems to care.

Yes we've heard how intolerant every NFL fan is for allowing such a travesty to be proliferated upon the country. Oops, MLB too. Oh man NHL as well. Crap!!! NCAA, you don't say?

Forgive the insensitivity of my post. I'm not a minority so I'm unable to speak on behalf of any of their respective oppression(s). I just fail to see how racism fits into the naming of a franchise mascot. If it was that offensive don't you think after more than 50 years the Native Americans would have already gotten the names changed?

The ACLU can get "Christmas" removed from wherever they choose. The PC climate of this country belies your assertion that racism plays a part in D.C.'s fan base.

Tolerance means the act or practice of tolerating, especially sympathy or indulgence to beliefs or practices differing from one's own. Everyone benefits when we all practice a little tolerance.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
back onto topic eh?

How is it they can be seen with agents?

I was under the impression that was a no-no?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts