Report: Al Harris to be released on Monday

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if anyone picked him up without having their doctors look at him.

That is a very good question. Is Harris even medically sound/ cleared for play? I'm not only talking the next several weeks, I'm talking the season. It would be foolish to claim a player that is not likely to see game play and whose future is uncertain. I bet the Vikings sign him!

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always been a big Al fan, he has made some very exciting game changing plays for us. I hate to see him go, I would like to keep him over Pat Lee, Underwood, Bush, Ect. But them going to this extent, has to mean there is still more wrong with all physically due to his injury.. Hope somehow we keep him, but if not, thanks for the memories Al, Good luck in your future, would love to see you become a secondary coach, you have a lot of knowledge!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always been a big Al fan, he has made some very exciting game changing plays for us. I hate to see him go, I would like to keep him over Pat Lee, Underwood, Bush, Ect. But them going to this extent, has to mean there is still more wrong with all physically due to his injury.. Hope somehow we keep him, but if not, thanks for the memories Al, Good luck in your future, would love to see you become a secondary coach, you have a lot of knowledge!

He came off the PUP list which makes me think he passed a physical. SO I'm not sure where you are getting that.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He actually is yet to come off the PUP list, they have to make a decision on it today? or am I wrong on that, thats the understanding I have, that the deadline to decide is today.. I really am not sure if he has taken a physical yet, but he hasnt been off the PUP yet, week 6 was only the first week they'd be eligible

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers Release CB Harris

The Green Bay Packers have released CB Al Harris. The transaction was announced Monday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.Harris, who was ...

Source: Packers.com

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That really sucks but there is something that the Packers know that we dont, and it wouldnt surprise me that the reason is he isnt 100%. I really like Harris and wish him the best in the rest of his career

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very sad to hear this, but I had a feeling this is the way it would go down. You could just tell by the way people were acting, and the fact that Bigby was activated and Harris wasn't. I guess I can't blame them, I mean our three guys are playing VERY well together right now and we never saw Harris perform after his surgery/rehab. I'd bet he's not the same player. Like I said in another post, the coaches see him every day, we don't.

That being said, I wish Al the VERY best in his future, and I would like to see him sign with someone else and have success. I would like to see him live out his desire to play til he's 40.

Class act and true professional Al Harris is.

Thank you for the memories.

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your going to be missed buddy!!!! Please dont go to Minn lol!!

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers have released CB Al Harris
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
. The transaction was announced Monday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

Harris, who was acquired by Green Bay from Philadelphia in a trade in 2003, started all 102 games he played in for the Packers over seven seasons (2003-09). He was named to the Pro Bowl in 2007 and 2008 and earned second-team All-Pro honors from The Associated Press in 2007. Harris set the Packers’ single-season record for passes defensed (tracked since 1982) with 28 in 2004, and he posted 14 interceptions and 108 passes defensed during his time in Green Bay.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers have released CB Al Harris
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
. The transaction was announced Monday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

Harris, who was acquired by Green Bay from Philadelphia in a trade in 2003, started all 102 games he played in for the Packers over seven seasons (2003-09). He was named to the Pro Bowl in 2007 and 2008 and earned second-team All-Pro honors from The Associated Press in 2007. Harris set the Packers’ single-season record for passes defensed (tracked since 1982) with 28 in 2004, and he posted 14 interceptions and 108 passes defensed during his time in Green Bay.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's kind of sad to see him go. He's been on the Packers for such a long time now. I suppose the best memory I have of him is the INT return for a TD against Hasselback in the 2003 playoffs. I do wish him the best of luck. I hope to see him the Packers Hall of Fame someday.

Recursive

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's kind of sad to see him go. He's been on the Packers for such a long time now. I suppose the best memory I have of him is the INT return for a TD against Hasselback in the 2003 playoffs. I do wish him the best of luck. I hope to see him the Packers Hall of Fame someday.

CLASSIC MOMENT WITHOUT A DOUBT

"We want the ball and we're gonna score!" hahaha

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpowxGfVFE]YouTube - We want the ball and we're gonna score[/ame]

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
This made me sad on a happy monday. It stinks Harris didn't even get to fight for his job, I wish him the best of luck.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Which game is that NFCC game?

The National Football Conference Championship game against the Giants where Harris was owned by Plaxico Burress all damn game.

Al Harris was embarrassed by him plain and simple. Embarassed is probably too light a word to describe it. More like whipped like a dog, made Plaxico's ******, sent to timeout, Beyatch slapped, Punked, and finally discarded like a year old stale french fry under a car seat. That about sums up how he got owned by Plaxico in that game.

btw.. Burress has been sued 9 times since joining the NFL. What does that tell you about him. He wants to return to football once he gets out of Prison. Looks like the Eagles have a new WR coming.

Still, I liked Al Harris and I'm sad to see him released.

Members online

Latest posts