Report: Aaron Rodgers return to Packers hinges on a trade for Randall Cobb

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Aaron Rodgers apparently is trying to pull a Tom Brady. Sort of.

Trey Wingo reports (or at least he says he’s “hearing”) that the return of Aaron Rodgers to the Packers is “hinging on trading for former teammate Randall Cobb.” Says Wingo, “If Cobb is in Green Bay it looks like Rodgers will be too.”

On one level, it feels like a test. Does Aaron Rodgers have the juice to get the Packers to trade for a former teammate? On the other level, it’s Randall Cobb. All due respect, but Randall Cobb isn’t Gronk or Antonio Brown. As Josh Alper pointed out, Rodgers hinging his return on the return of Randall Cobb (who currently plays for the Texans) makes about as much sense as Rodgers demanding a Cobb salad for lunch every day.

Either way that’s what Wingo is reporting. Or hearing. Or whatever.

Report: Aaron Rodgers return to Packers hinges on a trade for Randall Cobb originally appeared on Pro Football Talk

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Aaron Rodgers apparently is trying to pull a Tom Brady. Sort of.

Trey Wingo reports (or at least he says he’s “hearing”) that the return of Aaron Rodgers to the Packers is “hinging on trading for former teammate Randall Cobb.” Says Wingo, “If Cobb is in Green Bay it looks like Rodgers will be too.”

On one level, it feels like a test. Does Aaron Rodgers have the juice to get the Packers to trade for a former teammate? On the other level, it’s Randall Cobb. All due respect, but Randall Cobb isn’t Gronk or Antonio Brown. As Josh Alper pointed out, Rodgers hinging his return on the return of Randall Cobb (who currently plays for the Texans) makes about as much sense as Rodgers demanding a Cobb salad for lunch every day.

Either way that’s what Wingo is reporting. Or hearing. Or whatever.

Report: Aaron Rodgers return to Packers hinges on a trade for Randall Cobb originally appeared on Pro Football Talk
Why doesn`t he go the whole hog and insist they force Jordy out of retirement ? This guy is just too much.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why doesn`t he go the whole hog and insist they force Jordy out of retirement ? This guy is just too much.
I'm filing this under the "media creates controversy" category until something substantial comes out about it. I think the entire media, not just sports, but all of it has taken such liberties in the fight for your eyeballs they will print and say anything at any time if it increases their clicks for cash. Rodgers may be prickly, but he's not stupid and hinging your return on a guy who couldn't stay healthy 2 seasons ago for multiple seasons and giving up draft picks for 10M in salary isn't very smart.

I

I'm filing this under the "media creates controversy" category until something substantial comes out about it. I think the entire media, not just sports, but all of it has taken such liberties in the fight for your eyeballs they will print and say anything at any time if it increases their clicks for cash. Rodgers may be prickly, but he's not stupid and hinging your return on a guy who couldn't stay healthy 2 seasons ago for multiple seasons and giving up draft picks for 10M in salary isn't very smart.

Fair comment. I`m just getting fed up with the circus.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair comment. I`m just getting fed up with the circus.
I hear you man, I've turned it all off, but what I get here. No sports radio, no broadcast news/sports, no sports TV, nothing. They can talk to dead space for all I care. I'm tired of their crap commentary, they don't deserve my time. It's been slowly whittled down over the years. I had to, I was starting to hate sports because nothing is about the sport anymore. It's all about the controversy and the drama. May as well watch the Bachelor, and I'll rip my own eyes out before I do that.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. If that was the case they would have made the trade first. Now, wherever he is, the team can ask for something ridiculous.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not even sure Cobb would even make the 53. He's got not a whole lot left in the tank. What this situation shows is that the sports media got 90% of it wrong. The Cobb story is likely nonsense.

I

I did hear he want unicorn poops sprinkled on his cereal of a morning, and he`ll consider seeing out his contract.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty clear Rodgers is backing his friend who got dropped. Cobb coming back is probabally a impossible task. So that's probably why Rodgers said it. If he said it at all.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read at SportSpyder.com that a trade for Cobb is a done deal just waiting for the announcement.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
This is probably going to happen so what if Randall doesn't make the cut?

I think Cobb has more left than Jordy did when the Pack let him walk.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the one thing that may make me reconsider being a Packer fan. Once the inmates start running the asylum you have to wonder if it is time to move on.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is probably going to happen so what if Randall doesn't make the cut?

I think Cobb has more left than Jordy did when the Pack let him walk.
He did have more left in the tank, he just couldn't ever stay healthy and wasn't a 10M per year receiver anymore. He was still in the prime age and I loved the player, he just wasn't very effective anymore with constant injuries.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this is not true. I will lose some respect for the FO.

In the grand scheme of things, if having 1 WR slot be 'Aaron's guy' that he has some control over, if that could have avoided the last 8 months of drama, I would be fine with it. My guess is that this might become more common.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it is happening there is no way they're trading for him, to cut him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sounds like the Cobb trade hinges on Cobb being willing to take less money than his current contract calls for.

"Gee, thanks Aaron old buddy, you got me traded for less money"

Obviously, the Texans were probably planning on releasing Cobb if they couldn't trade him.

Members online

Latest posts