Repeating history in the playoffs.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
If we meet the 49ers in the playoffs, all the riches and glory from the 90's of us beating them down in the playoffs will come back quite quickly in my memory, and how the Rice fumble non-call is the only way they beat us, that one time only.

Also, didn't we play Dallas over and over in the playoffs in the 90's? I remember losing bad to them in 95 on the road, and of course the Ice Bowl could get played again.

With things looking the way it is, if we were to meet the Giants, Niners, Cowboys, and even the Falcons in the playoffs, we're going to be loaded for rematches from the older days.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have rich history with all but the Falcons, but that one at least has some spit and venom from last year's divisional playoffs.

The 49er win over the Packers after the 1998 season still makes me mad - because it's the only playoff game that I've ever missed! Coming back from the Badger's Rose Bowl win over UCLA, there was a huge snowstorm and all of the planes were re-routed away from Milwaukee. They flew most to Minneapolis or Madison and then bused them back to Milwaukee. I needed to get to Mpls coincidentally but missed my return flight and couldn't rebook because of the snow....so for $20 I hitched a ride with one of the buses back to Mpls. I bought a cheap walkman at Mitchell Field and listened as best as I could during the 6 hour drive back to Mpls. The bus driver dropped me off at my house (very cool) and as I ran in to turn on the game I missed the final play by seconds. I was probably better off missing the game!

I think that a lot of the national media and both 49er and Packers fans would appreciate a NFC championship game matchup between the two teams this season.

Members online

Latest posts