Announcement Reminders and New Forum Updates

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, some quick reminders. We have a similar thread feature for people posting new forums. If you see a thread that is similar to the one you are posting, please DO NOT post another thread about the same topic. We encourage you to participate in the conversation already going on. We have enough things to do around here besides merging conversations.

Second, and this is a big one. We change the smack talk forum and added an adult asylum forum. You have to join a user group to gain access to those forum and anyone can do so. There are links on each forum to allow you join those forums. And in case you do see it, you should go here to join those user groups:
http://www.packerforum.com/account/join-user-groups

Quick notes on the smack talk forum. It is very loosely moderated. If you can dish out smack, you should be expected to take smack. This is smack talk on your team and possibly on you as a person. You have to explicitly join that forum, so if that doesn't seem like something you want to participate in, then DO NOT join that user group. Any post in that forum will be hidden from the general population and now will be hidden from search engines as well.

Quick notes on the adult asylum forum. This is something new that I wanted to try here. But there have been a number of topics that I have been reluctant to let our members chat about. But now is your chance. Anything you want to talk about can be done in this new forum. Same as the smack talk forum, this forum will also be loosely moderated. There a very few rules in this forum. So if you feel like you can not participate in adult forums, DO NOT join the adult talker user group. This forum is also hidden from the general population.

Post any comments or concerns here if you want some additional clarification about the new forum changes.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why you felt like the Smack talk needed to be private.
IMO the majority of posts were started and added to by just Packers fans.
It was like someone is only talking to themselves how much they hate the Bears.
I agree with you about being able to dish it out and take it, but I don't think there was anything that harsh on the Smack Talk. I thought it was fine as it was.
So with it being in a private place does that mean that curse words are allowed there?
And what kinds of topics are in or expected to be brought up in the adult asylum forum that we wouldn't see in the Atrium? X rated movies and stuff like that?
Or did you have politics and religion topics in mind for the AAF?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with you about being able to dish it out and take it, but I don't think there was anything that harsh on the Smack Talk. I thought it was fine as it was.
So with it being in a private place does that mean that curse words are allowed there?
And what kinds of topics are in or expected to be brought up in the adult asylum forum that we wouldn't see in the Atrium? X rated movies and stuff like that?

You have to join it to participate....Meaning you are okay if people come down on you...And those that dont want to see that stuff, just wont join the forum.

Nothing more.
http://www.packerforum.com/forums/smack-area.14/

This is the smack talk forum. If you are not able to smack talk, you probably should not be here. This forum is VERY loosely moderated. We are not here to baby anyone. This forum is hidden from public view. It is no longer going to be indexed by Google. You have to make a conscience decision to join this specific forum and participate in the smack talk area.

Please do not report posts just because you don't like what someone has said. This is the smack talk forum. It is expected.

The only thing that is not allowed in this forum is THREATS. You are allowed to talk smack on each other, hence the title of this forum.
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/the-adult-asylum-posting-rules.46417/

This forum is going to be similar to the smack talk forum. This forum is going to be VERY loosely moderated. You can talk about anything and everything that you are NOT allowed to talk about anywhere else. That means you can chat about politics, religion and whatever else you want.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Adult Asylum is really for political and religious debates. Absolutely no ****.

To the other point. I want people to make a conscience decision to join in smack talk and UNDERSTAND what they are getting into. 90% - 95% of the people don't want to join in smack talk or politics/religion. So we are moving that out of the public eye.

ANYONE can join these forums. There are no restrictions.

Members online

Latest posts