Remember this guy

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What ever happened to that lineman from a couple years ago. Datko? I was excited about him but after his injury never heard much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

What ever happened to that lineman from a couple years ago. Datko? I was excited about him but after his injury never heard much

At the time we drafted him I thought he could be a steal. But he never made the 53. Last year he couldn't even make the practice squad, so it's pretty obvious he couldn't play, for whatever reason.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He injured his shoulder back in college, and never recovered mentally.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andrew Datko was a promising young college player who got hurt. If he had not been injured (3 surgeries to his shoulder) and played/developed his entire senior season he could have been a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. He was perfectly sized and athletic. He needed to work on technique and more lower body strength to make it in the NFL. Not sure what happened - he seemed to have the attitude and the dedication.

Classic boom or bust pick. Too bad, seemed like a good guy.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andrew Datko was a promising young college player who got hurt. If he had not been injured (3 surgeries to his shoulder) and played/developed his entire senior season he could have been a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. He was perfectly sized and athletic. He needed to work on technique and more lower body strength to make it in the NFL. Not sure what happened - he seemed to have the attitude and the dedication.

Classic boom or bust pick. Too bad, seemed like a good guy.
I felt that once he got past the shoulder issues that he was going to be a tough S.O.B in the mold of Sitton.
Too bad it never came to fruition.

Members online

Latest posts