Reggie Ragland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The modern NFL ILB is more of a tweener than a true plugger these days. Having two tweeners wouldn't be a bad idea either. Having two fast ILB's makes your entire defense look and play fast.
Unless you can't keep blockers off of them, then you get gashed all over the field because they have to sell out in the run game and over play it and then get gashed in the passing game because run looks get them out of position easily.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie Ragland just weighed in at the combine:

Reggie Ragland ILB Sr 6-2 259

So his measurables are about spot on to what I said earlier in this thread. I also predict his 40 time will be in that high 4.7 and low 4.8 range as I said too.

Rest of the Alabama players:

Kenyan Drake RB Sr 6-1 210
Derrick Henry RB Jr 6-2 242
Dominick Jackson OT Sr 6-6 315
Cyrus Jones CB Sr 5-10 196
Ryan Kelly C rSr 6-4 297
D.J. Pettway DE rSr 6-2 270
Jarran Reed DT Sr 6-3 311
AShawn Robinson DT Jr 6-3 312

Derrick Henry is a beast of a man. Reed (who a bunch of people are mocking to us) is also a big guy.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we go by the draft only and not FA too, then Darron Lee from Ohio State is the ILB that our defense needs. That boy can cover TE's and RB's.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we go by the draft only and not FA too, then Darron Lee from Ohio State is the ILB that our defense needs. That boy can cover TE's and RB's.

lee is a beast. can't wait to see his measurables from combine. but like all the studs we're longing to see in green and gold, probably off the board by 27 :( i am relatively optimistic this year though... i feel like LB is our pick in the first and there is some solid depth there this year with jack, smith, spence, lee, floyd, ragland. mel kiper is really really high on sua cravens and deion jones as well. fun time of year!

D

Deleted member 6794

I would be excited if Darron Lee drops to the Packers but highly doubt he will still be on the board at #27.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keith Marshall (RB from UGA) who is 5'11 219 pounds just ran a 4.31 40.......lol, wow!

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ouch. Jaylon Smith just got some bad news about his recovery outlook :unsure: Poor dude...

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nevermind, I saw it. Damn. Says hes out for the 2016 season...AT LEAST. His career maybe over.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Peppers and Matthews as rushers on the outside I'd love to see Reggie and Ryan clog the middle. Ryan doesn't seem to be as quick as he should be and needs to learn to read the run quicker but that will come in time (hopefully this offseason will do some good) However with Pennel gone how are they going to address that? I haven't read any new news on Raji either.

D

Deleted member 6794

Keith Marshall (RB from UGA) who is 5'11 219 pounds just ran a 4.31 40.......lol, wow!

Impressive, but Marshall will still most likely go undrafted.

However with Pennel gone how are they going to address that? I haven't read any new news on Raji either.

The Packers will for sure have to add at least another defensive lineman by either re-signing Raji, bring in a free agent (both unlikely though) or address the position via the draft.

According to the team's beat writers in Indianapolis the Packers have had several formal interviews with prospects best suited to play the 5-tech in a 3-4 so it's possible the coaching staff wants to move Guion back to the nose and start a rookie on the opposite side of Daniels in the base defense.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You completely misunderstood the point I was trying to make. I would love Thompson to address the inside linebacker and tight end position in free agency but not with any of the guys released by the Rams though as their performance has significantly regressed over the past seasons.

The only one that could be a good addition is Jared cook, I'd prefer Ladarius green but cook could be a more realistic cheaper option. Cook ran a 4.5 coming out and could be a seam stretching weapon for the packers offense

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darron Lee with the 4.47. Wooooooooosh, that's mad fast. Floyd with the 4.60, Ragland 4.72, Deion Jones 4.59, Correa 4.69... just some of the dudes we've all been watching. All respectable times, but Lee was impressive and definitely put himself well out of range of the #27 pick.

Scooby with the 4.90. :poop:

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ragland slow on the 40, but his movement is crisp. Darnit, why can't we get the good ones!?

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that's kinda about what we all woulda guessed he'd run. Fine with that time.

Oh yeah I'm definitely fine with that. With that technique, you can workout and get faster. I'd rather have some moderately fast with good fundamentals than a fast dude with terrible fundamentals.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah I'm definitely fine with that. With that technique, you can workout and get faster. I'd rather have some moderately fast with good fundamentals than a fast dude with terrible fundamentals.

Yap, will be interesting to see his cone drill. That's your "crisp movement" drill. Must do that later today though, cos I see no times for those.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you guys catch the comment during the combine coverage on NFL Network that one
unnamed team front office exec thought that Noah Spence wouldn't be drafted in the
first round?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you guys catch the comment during the combine coverage on NFL Network that one
unnamed team front office exec thought that Noah Spence wouldn't be drafted in the
first round?

what is this witchcraft you speak of
not paying for that :p

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first round?

The exec said that after his very sketchy interviews about his drug problems and a bad showing at the combine, he has dropped off of quite a number of draft boards altogether. That means he'll be drafted 1st round by the Buffalo Bills.

D

Deleted member 6794

The only one that could be a good addition is Jared cook, I'd prefer Ladarius green but cook could be a more realistic cheaper option. Cook ran a 4.5 coming out and could be a seam stretching weapon for the packers offense

Cook is the only one of the released players by the Rams I'm moderately interested in but would prefer Green as well.

Yap, will be interesting to see his cone drill. That's your "crisp movement" drill. Must do that later today though, cos I see no times for those.

Ragland didn't compete in the 3 con drill but ran a 4.28 seconds 20-yard shuttle which was above average for this year's LB corps.

NYNeal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is TTs year to make moves. Hope he realizes that this team is close and is just a few pieces away.

The Rams guys released could all be a great addition. If not he has a bunch of picks that he could trade and move up to get an impact player early. The guys are there for the taking and positions we need

I'll be surprised if the Giants don't sign Laurinaitis or Long, or both. They both played for Giants "D" Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo when he was HC for the Rams. They need LB'ers and "D" linemen, so it seems like one or both of those guys would be a good fit. Plus, the Giants have way more cap space than the Packers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.