Reggie Ragland

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone see the story on NFL.com that says Reggie Ragland wants/hopes that the Packers draft him?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone see the story on NFL.com that says Reggie Ragland wants/hopes that the Packers draft him?

Huh, that's interesting and a little unusual to see. Really solid player at a position of need that would really like to play for your team... can't beat that. Will be surprised if he makes it down to our pick though.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is TTs year to make moves. Hope he realizes that this team is close and is just a few pieces away.

The Rams guys released could all be a great addition. If not he has a bunch of picks that he could trade and move up to get an impact player early. The guys are there for the taking and positions we need

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just throwing it out there, but given that at times of the season our home games can be played in temps of -15 to -30 with wind chill, what makes you think players from the west coast would rush to join the Packers anyway ?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there, but given that at times of the season our home games can be played in temps of -15 to -30 with wind chill, what makes you think players from the west coast would rush to join the Packers anyway ?
Sheesshhh, would you quit spreading that propaganda!?!? Wind chills never get below 30 degrees in Green Bay!!! It’s a mostly balmy climate later in the season.

If Ragland really wants to be a Packer, he should tank his 40 yard dash time while winking at Thompson in the stands…

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Sheesshhh, would you quit spreading that propaganda!?!? Wind chills never get below 30 degrees in Green Bay!!! It’s a mostly balmy climate later in the season.

If Ragland really wants to be a Packer, he should tank his 40 yard dash time while winking at Thompson in the stands…

Bloody hell,I stand rebuked...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

The Rams guys released could all be a great addition. If not he has a bunch of picks that he could trade and move up to get an impact player early. The guys are there for the taking and positions we need

Still think we should be talking to Laurinaitis.

Just because you recognize their names doesn't make any of them a great addition for the Packers. Every single one of them had a terrible season in 2015 and the only one I would be moderately interested in is Jared Cook as he surely suffered because of the Rams QB situation.

D

Deleted member 6794

I didn't see the story but would like Ragland to end up in green and gold. Opposite to the majority in here I think it's possible he's still on the board at #27.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ragland was born in Madison, Alabama and played in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I guess those could be considered the west coast of Alabama.

It's funny you say this though. Living in Chicago, I've heard a lot about Alshon Jeffrey hating big cities and the north in general. He loves small towns and loves the south. Even though the Bears will franchise him, he wants to move back south real bad.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are GB fans everywhere.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because you recognize their names doesn't make any of them a great addition for the Packers. Every single one of them had a terrible season in 2015 and the only one I would be moderately interested in is Jared Cook as he surely suffered because of the Rams QB situation.
I'm not saying break the bank for them. But there's a reason why their names are recognized, it's because they've actually made a name for themselves in the NFL. I'm sure there has and are some free agents that we could and could've gotten for a good price. But TTs stubborn philosophy has probably missed out on them. I bet there are some of these vet guys who still have gas in the tank who are willing to go to a Packers team because they would like the opportunity on a team that is competing and take a paycut. Nothing wrong with admitting that he made a mistake on drafting certain positions and getting someone on the free agency. We've all known about ILB & TE issues for years and he hopes that's middle to late rounder guys will come in and make a difference.

Everyone acts as if they sign a couple free agents our salary cap will be destroyed. We've got the important piece locked down for a few more years which is Rodgers. The cap is going up every year. Vic and TT have brain washed everyone to think that a free agent signing will destroy the future of the team. Just how everyone predicted the Patriots, Seahawks and Broncos were going to have cap issues? Guess what all those teams have in common the past few years?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think other teams should honor Ragland's wishes and let the Packers draft him. I mean come on, be nice to him.

/welcome to Fantasy Island

If TT would go out and grab Trevathan in FA, could you imagine seeing Trevathan and Ragland as our starting ILBs next September?

/end Fantasy

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not saying break the bank for them. But there's a reason why their names are recognized, it's because they've actually made a name for themselves in the NFL. I'm sure there has and are some free agents that we could and could've gotten for a good price. But TTs stubborn philosophy has probably missed out on them. I bet there are some of these vet guys who still have gas in the tank who are willing to go to a Packers team because they would like the opportunity on a team that is competing and take a paycut. Nothing wrong with admitting that he made a mistake on drafting certain positions and getting someone on the free agency. We've all known about ILB & TE issues for years and he hopes that's middle to late rounder guys will come in and make a difference.

Everyone acts as if they sign a couple free agents our salary cap will be destroyed. We've got the important piece locked down for a few more years which is Rodgers. The cap is going up every year. Vic and TT have brain washed everyone to think that a free agent signing will destroy the future of the team. Just how everyone predicted the Patriots, Seahawks and Broncos were going to have cap issues? Guess what all those teams have in common the past few years?

You completely misunderstood the point I was trying to make. I would love Thompson to address the inside linebacker and tight end position in free agency but not with any of the guys released by the Rams though as their performance has significantly regressed over the past seasons.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You`re preaching to the converted there Bud. :tup: I merely mean`t some don`t like the cold.
Honestly, I don't think he realizes what he'd be getting into. I've lived in the South for my entire night, and feeling the cold air through the breezeway at the Minneapolis airport was enough to make me never want to go up north again (very nice airport, though).

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id like to see a more aggressive Ted Thompson. After the draft is too late to fill holes. Get a ILB in Free agency. Trade one? I mean a player trade isnt unheard of. If Ted doesnt like ANY of the FA ILBs and nobody wants to trade... Then GO GET the guy you want. I personally like the pick a lot. Big, and physical to hold the front.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm a fan of Ragland, but unless Ted trades up, he'll likely be off the board.

There's been a lot of Danny Trevathan buzz lately, but this seems like a very un-Packer-like move. If we were somehow to get either one of those guys, it could settle one position for the Pack.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really really hope that we address at least one of our needs in FA before heading into the draft. That would make the draft the icing on the cake.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ragland wants to be a Packer huh?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I didn't see the words WANT or HOPE anywhere in that article. I read that he would be fine with it and if in fact they traded up to get him that would really mean something but I'm assuming if the Broncos or Panthers traded up to get him that would mean just as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts