Reggie McKenzie

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just fired as GM of the Raiders. There was a lot of talk about the talent drain from the front office this season. Bringing Reggie back would be a big step in fixing that.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just fired as GM of the Raiders. There was a lot of talk about the talent drain from the front office this season. Bringing Reggie back would be a big step in fixing that.

So they fired McKenzie because Gruden messed with the roster? I’m sure he didn’t care for Gruden anyways. I wouldn’t mind bringing him back.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once Gruden was hired I think the writing was on the wall for McKenzie. I wouldn't mind seeing him back in some capacity.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where? The Packers already have a new GM and I can’t see him taking a job buried in the offices somewhere... especially with the new structure the Packers are operating under.

Reaction score
I never understood how one man can do so well with the Packers,
then go to another team and suddenly be treated like yesterdays trash.
Then we bring him back to save the day.

This business must be a game of chances

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never understood how one man can do so well with the Packers,
then go to another team and suddenly be treated like yesterdays trash.
Then we bring him back to save the day.

This business must be a game of chances
He wouldn't be coming back to save the day. We have our power structure and our GM hired. He's a good football mind and person, he'd be valuable to have in the building. But it wouldn't be as a savior, it would be as a compliment to the people we have. I'm not sure he's open to it at this point. There's probably another job out there for him if he wants it. I thought he had the Raiders moving in the right direction when he got there but he never got a chance to see it thru.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie is an excellent evaluator of talent. We lost Wolf, Highsmith among others. Just saw an article about this at SB nation. They had a good idea. Bring him in as a consultant, figure out a position later.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So they fired McKenzie because Gruden messed with the roster? I’m sure he didn’t care for Gruden anyways. I wouldn’t mind bringing him back.
Right Mckenzie built them into a winning franchise then gruden comes and rips it all apart. Khalil and Cooper playing big time football.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Where? The Packers already have a new GM and I can’t see him taking a job buried in the offices somewhere... especially with the new structure the Packers are operating under.

I would imagine that the FO could create a high end role for him to fill in the personnel department.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I find it highly unlikely teams looking for a GM have not already called up Reggie. Obviously if I am wrong, I would expect the Packers to give him a buzz. I just hope we can beat John Dorsey to the punch.

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
I have a feeling if the Raiders stick with Gruden as head coach, a lot of GM's are going to get fired there.

H

HardRightEdge

I have a feeling if the Raiders stick with Gruden as head coach, a lot of GM's are going to get fired there.
Gruden got a 10 year, $100 million contract. I think he's going to be there for a while.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would like the Packers to bring McKenzie back but highly doubt he would be interested in a role of significantly less importance.

D

Deleted member 6794

What was his position with the packers previously?

and would there be such a position as assistant GM?

McKenzie was the director of player personnel as well as the director of football operations with the Packers. I'm not convinced Murphy and Gutekunst would feel comfortable about once again hiring him to a similar position though.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It would seem like a natural fit....I suppose it depends on whether or not he gets a better offer elsewhere.

Outside of Oakland, McKenzie's evaluation skills are generally thought to be pretty good.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McKenzie was the director of player personnel as well as the director of football operations with the Packers. I'm not convinced Murphy and Gutekunst would feel comfortable about once again hiring him to a similar position though.

Why wouldn't they? Reggie is great. Get as many good talent finders as you can.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he doesn't find another GM position, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he comes back to GB.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I can't get over how predictable it's all been in Oakland. Staggering.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't get over how predictable it's all been in Oakland. Staggering.

Yep.I can't get over how many people are honestly surprised that this is what would happen with Gruden in charge of everything.

Members online

Latest posts