reggie in hall of fame

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The minister of DEFENSE!!! He is the Packer in the sky. His wife has a big speech tomorrow. I saw her on ESPN this morning. Reggie was a better person than football player. He left his mark. It is too bad all the liberal media types have to bring up the speech at the Wisconsin legislature. He did receive a standing O for the speech. Let's remember Reggie running around the superdome with the "trophy" held high. I will never forget the Club he gave Max Lane the Offensive lineman for the Pats....he litterly knocked him into next week. Reggie had a powerful influence on Brett Favre. I like the quote Mike Homgrem said that he called Reggie on the phone and said that is was God...Reggie will always be remembered as the greatest defensive lineman of the era...He played the game the way it was suppose to be played. He is in a greater HALL right now. Hmmmm.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I am very excited to see Reggie go into the all of fame, The Minister of Defense was a very big influence on the Defense and Helped a lot but he did a better job with the eagles. It is really sad he cant be alive to be inducted into the hall of fame. I'm also sad he reitred as a Panther an not a Packer.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
starpass said:
The minister of DEFENSE!!! He is the Packer in the sky. His wife has a big speech tomorrow. I saw her on ESPN this morning. Reggie was a better person than football player. He left his mark. It is too bad all the liberal media types have to bring up the speech at the Wisconsin legislature. He did receive a standing O for the speech. Let's remember Reggie running around the superdome with the "trophy" held high. I will never forget the Club he gave Max Lane the Offensive lineman for the Pats....he litterly knocked him into next week. Reggie had a powerful influence on Brett Favre. I like the quote Mike Homgrem said that he called Reggie on the phone and said that is was God...Reggie will always be remembered as the greatest defensive lineman of the era...He played the game the way it was suppose to be played. He is in a greater HALL right now. Hmmmm.

His club move was awesome! I still remember when he did it to Larry Allen. Larry Allen!!! That guy should have been immovable at his size but Reggie lifted him up and dumped him with one arm.

God Rest Reggie's Soul...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he said god told him to go to Green Bay I dont know about that but thank god he did go to Green Bay

did you guys watch the NFL network last night with the interviews with reggie?

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got the live audio going from ESPN's site. Still early, listening to Rayfield Wright's speech (Amen on the God protect our troops part).
About Reggie - reminded of that song with the lyrics "Don't it always seem as though ya don't know what you've got 'til it's gone".

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know i've told y'all this before but...i'll never forget being at the final game in milwaukee. we beat atlanta in the last seconds of the game. as reggie was leaving the field, everybody started chanting reggie...reggie...reggie!!!

it was awesome!! then reggie, holmgren, & a few other players got some snow off the sidelines & started throwing it at the fans - it was SO cool!! great memories, guys.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one thing reggie wanted was a super bowl win...he had to go to Green Bay to get it

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie would be proud of his on Jeramie. He spoke elegantly. Heck, I am proud of him. Sarah...what a speech. On the NFL channel...after the ceremony...They showed the CLUB against Max Lane . AWESOME!!! Reggie White is in the Hall of Fame. But, Like his son said..."he is in the Life hall of fame"...
Reggie was there today spritually speaking... Kudos to the Eagle players for wearing Reggie throwback jerseys...

I will always remember Reggie White. We are blessed to have the opportunity to have watched you play. Reggie...you are with Vince at the Lambeau of the sky.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got one way to never forget about Reggie I got his Auto biography Reggie White: in the Trenches right on my bookshelf (I'm sad to say I havent finished it yet

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie White has always been one of my favorite players. Watching him in Green Bay was great. In fact without Reggie White, Green Bay doesn't win a Super Bowl. He was the Leader of the team and the heart and soul of the 96 Green Bay Packers. Packer fans owe a lot too Reggie White. He chose a town of just under 200,000 people and a franchise that was fairly dead over teams like the Falcons, 49ers, and Jets. His signing in Green Bay is the biggest free agent signing too date and I think the biggest one ever.

His play in the Super Bowl is still to this day one of my favorite individual performances ever. Watching Reggie holding up the Lombardi Trophy and running to the End zone with it will forever be a memory I keep as a fan.

It's too bad Reggie couldn't of been there today. I would of really liked to hear what he had to say. I thought Sarah White did a great job and his son Jeremy was an excellent presenter.

In my opinion he’s the greatest defensive player ever and now he’s a member of the Hall of Fame.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too would have been delighted to hear what he had to say and I thought Jeremy and Sara did a fine job with there speech and I love Reggie whites sacks on Bledsoe in the Superbowl

OP
OP
O

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Sarah and Jeramie unvealed Reggies bust , I had tears rolling down my cheeks . I'll never forget that moment when Reggie was running around with the Vince Lombardi trophy .

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:
I'll never forget that moment when Reggie was running around with the Vince Lombardi trophy .

I've been seeing that moment in my head all the time lately

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of bothers me to see Shannon Sharpe going into the hall instead of his brother. I mean congrats and all, just feels like his brother was robbed.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, I've edited this post because it doesn't make any sense at all (except when you are drunk) and I don't want to confuse any new members or people who are new to football and might not know any better. I apologize for any confusion this has caused. :oops:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, I don't know how else to inform you...
This is a resurrected thread from 2006.
That's when Reggie was inducted into the HOF.
It's not a recent thing.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, I don't know how else to inform you...
This is a resurrected thread from 2006.
That's when Reggie was inducted into the HOF.
It's not a recent thing.

LOL sorry for the confusion. This is why you don't drink a 3/4 a bottle of red wine and then try to post on here. I actually woke up in the middle of the night thinking, WTF, and I thought the forum was on crack. But it's just me. Oddly enough my Mom and I were talking about him earlier yesterday afternoon. I've been having these dreams, he's come back to play for this team (2010) and I felt his presence so strongly last year. This is really really weird. All this week I've been seeing the #92 everywhere. On TV, out on the streets, everywhere. And now this thread. I must of somehow thought it was something recent. No excuses for that. Does this mean we might be putting him in twice? I have no idea. Nonetheless, it made me relive some happy memories.

Members online

Latest posts