1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Reggie Bush

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by shiftysdad, Feb 11, 2006.

1. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    doesn't anybody else here think that perhaps reggies bush is over hyped?

sure, he does some good plays, but in the rose bowl against texas he didn't do anything! it was all lendale white (who, btw, i think is better than bush and i am pretty sure will do better in the nfl)

trust me. when reggies bush comes to the nfl, he won't do well, defenses here in the NFL don't make it easy for runnningbacks.

once in a while good breaks don't make it in the NFL, whereas with a reliable runingback (White) he stays constant and will have more success in the NFL.

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    overhyped? indeed!

he still should be a helluva player though.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I've been saying he's over hyped for quite some time now. I have yet to see him run up the middle take a hit and continue forward. Heck I havent seen him go through the middle at all! He runs outside of the tackles, never inside (well never that ive seen)

4. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    exactly... and he'll do ok in the NFL, it's a shame he's going to houston, and speed is his only real advantage... not much of a hit-taker

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    MOST college players are over hyped if they are even HALF decent. Lets see what they do in the BIG time!

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ive been saying it all along.

7. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought cadillac williams was over hyped, but then found out I was wrong. But there's a big difference between going to a team like Tampa and going to a team like Houston.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Caddy ran between tackles too...

I still haven't been able to find a clip where Reggie ran through the tackles, got hit and kept going.

9. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    zero....I hear ya but Bush is very strong. I haven't seen him run much up the middle but I haven't seen anything about him that suggests he can't. The problem is that Carroll had the Burden? of getting many weapons involved in the offense. Any calls up the middle went to LenDale White. Any calls outside went to Bush. This doesn't mean that White can't take it outside.

This is just my opinion but Bush seems like a FOOTBALL PLAYER, not just some speedy track star that plays football. He may be 200 pounds but he is built like he can take a hit. I'd take him #1.

10. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A simple observation. Bush mad his mark in the Pac 10....a conference that has traditionally been known for big offense and weak defense. Yes, his numbers are spectacular, but generated against second-tier defenses, typically. Also, how does all that warm-weather performance translate to a place like GB? Those cuts, which are what made him special collegiately, will be hard to replicate in many NFL locations for much of the season.

He will be a solid to very good NFL player, but I have a hard time believing he will be everything he is touted as in the pros.

Yes, over-hyped.

11. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    It is because there is so much time between the end of the college season and the NFL draft. After hearing about a player so much and for so long you start to think "he can't be all of that" and you begin to wonder if it is all hype.
    I think that Bush is going to be all of that and any team that passes on him (if any) will regret it.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I wonder if TONY MANDERICH will be available in the first round? I heard HE'S pretty good! :wink:

13. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    in fact he is

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Possibly true for some, however I've had the same statements of him being over rated even while he had games to play yet. At first I was stoked about the dude, then couldn't really see him run like a NFL back. ie between tackles, get hit then continue etc

He's going to be a threat, but not as a starting RB, i dont think anyways

15. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he's going to houston, of course he'll be a starter