Reggie Begelton Thread

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys in Canada get paid peanuts.

Indeed:

Average CFL Player Salary
The CFL and its football clubs do not publish player salaries, so it is difficult to determine how much any player might receive. However, the CFL publishes the salary cap for each team, so you can approximately calculate the average salary. In 2018, the CFL has a $5.2 million salary cap for each team. Based on a roster size of 56 players, the average CFL salary is $96,857.

Of course, not all players are compensated equally. As with any professional sport, CFL compensation is based on a player's abilities and his ability to attract crowds. Payment becomes more complicated when you consider the league rule that specifies about half of each team must consist of Canadian players. Consequently, a good Canadian player may be in higher demand and make more money than a great American player.

In 2018, the highest paid CFL player, Jamaal Westerman, is a defensive lineman with the Montreal Alouettes. He will make $218,000 in a two-year contract plus performance bonuses.

Minimum CFL Player Salary
In 2018, the minimum CFL salary for each player is $54,000 for the regular season, which does not include payment received for signing bonuses, performance bonuses, or preseason and postseason games. From 2014 to 2018, the minimum salary was increased by $1,000 every year, based on a 2014 collective bargaining agreement between the CFL and the CFL Players Association.

https://careertrend.com/info-7916967-average-salary-cfl-player.html

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
VERY EARLY.....INSANELY EARLY....but sounds like first impressions were good on the field for Reggie.

D

Deleted member 6794

VERY EARLY.....INSANELY EARLY....but sounds like first impressions were good on the field for Reggie.

Most importantly it should be considered that happened in practice. No reason to put too much stock into it.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most importantly it should be considered that happened in practice. No reason to put too much stock into it.

You're just so freaking negative LOL...I don't know how much more I could have stressed it is EARLY and practice clearly.... you crack me up man.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You're just so freaking negative LOL...I don't know how much more I could have stressed it is EARLY and practice clearly.... you crack me up man.
What?!?! You don’t like your Wheaties splattered with a stream of urine???

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not negative at all, just being realistic about not putting too much stock into reports out of practices held in shorts. You might want to remember the excitement about Janis after he made some great catches in practice and how that worked out.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You might want to remember the excitement about Janis after he made some great catches in practice and how that worked out.

For 4 fricking years at that! For a guy who only made 17 receptions in that 4 year Packer career, he sure got a lot of people excited for no reason at all.

OK, done with my annual Janis vent. :eek:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
For 4 fricking years at that! For a guy who only made 17 receptions in that 4 year Packer career, he sure got a lot of people excited for no reason at all.

You do know that Janis quite possibly could have gone down in Packer lore for the ages had McCarthy gone for the two point conversion. Alas, Janis only has his Packerforum lore.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

2020 has been a strange year. Lots of rules have been changed for everyone. Because of this we have decided to grant you one additional Janis vent to use at your discretion between now and December 31. Choose wisely my friend. Do not waste this opportunity you have been given.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
2020 has been a strange year. Lots of rules have been changed for everyone. Because of this we have decided to grant you one additional Janis vent to use at your discretion between now and December 31. Choose wisely my friend. Do not waste this opportunity you have been given.

:speechless::speechless::speechless: You guys are killing me...this is one of my favorite subjects!

H

HardRightEdge

It's not being negative. It's knowing history and context.

Every year there are practice and preseason warriors who end up on the bench. While it is not good to hear that one guy is dropping balls all over the place or another guy is getting knocked on his keester with regularity, all positives need to be taken with a grain of salt. H*ll, full contact practices are not even full contact, 11-11 not true game simulations.

Some of the guys with glowing reports will be players. You will not know which ones until the money games start. What you really want to watch for are the guys who are getting poor reports or where nothing is said at all. Or if, for example, a coach says some rookie is still learning the system but is coming along that's a red flag in this Lake Webegone time of the year where all the children are above average.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bahahaha I literally was stressing how early it is and merely training camp
....you guys crack me up

D

Deleted member 6794

Bahahaha I literally was stressing how early it is and merely training camp
....you guys crack me up

Well, what was the point of bringing it up in the first place if you didn't want anyone to put any stock into it???

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to give my 2 cents. If you see a player doing well in practice; and you comment on it; you are only (maybe) saying that I think this guy has a chance. Don't see anything wrong with that. If someone jumps on that and says, no, this guy is a dog. I don't see anything wrong with that either. It would be nice to be accountable for the latter though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It would be nice to be accountable for the latter though.

As well as the former. ;) I don't take anyone here too serious when it comes to obvious opinions, after all, isn't that why we are here? The posters that drive me nuts are those those that can't recognize or accept the fact that they aren't always (if ever) right and that it is actually ok to respectfully disagree with them or even for an opinion to be wrong. Fortunately, we don't get many of those people on this site and when we do, they don't last long.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Just wanted to give my 2 cents. If you see a player doing well in practice; and you comment on it; you are only (maybe) saying that I think this guy has a chance. Don't see anything wrong with that. If someone jumps on that and says, no, this guy is a dog. I don't see anything wrong with that either. It would be nice to be accountable for the latter though.

Just for the record, I'm not saying that Begelton is a bum but he will have a hard time even making the roster as he has no preseason games to prove he's capable of making an impact against opposing NFL cornerbacks. All I'm advocating other fans to do is not to put too much if any into reports of out practice.

I don't have any issue to admit I was wrong, has happened way too often to my liking since joining this forum.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Just for the record, I'm not saying that Begelton is a bum but he will have a hard time even making the roster as he has no preseason games to prove he's capable of making an impact against opposing NFL cornerbacks. All I'm advocating other fans to do is not to put too much if any into reports of out practice.

I don't have any issue to admit I was wrong, has happened way too often to my liking since joining this forum.
Practice reports is all we get this year. There is at least some insight from that. If Begelton starts beating Alexander and King like Lazard has, we’re going to hear about it. Last year was last year, some of the young players are going to continue to improve their game as they develop. The practice reports will reflect that.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, what was the point of bringing it up in the first place if you didn't want anyone to put any stock into it???

Should we all refrain from posting any bit of "news" from training camp?

If you could come up with an approved list of what we should, and should not post, I would be very grateful.

D

Deleted member 6794

Practice reports is all we get this year. There is at least some insight from that. If Begelton starts beating Alexander and King like Lazard has, we’re going to hear about it. Last year was last year, some of the young players are going to continue to improve their game as they develop. The practice reports will reflect that.

All I'm saying is that there's no reason to put much stock into these reports, Janis should work as a cautionary tale for those not understanding it.

Should we all refrain from posting any bit of "news" from training camp?

No, but you should be able to put it into perspective. A receiver like Begelton making plays on the first days of practice with the team practicing in shorts doesn't mean a whole lot for his chances to have an impact.

Last edited by a moderator:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that there's no reason to put much stock into these reports, Janis should work as a cautionary tale for those not understanding it..
We’re getting closer and closer to the beginning of the season. If we’re hearing reports that certain wide receivers are making plays with Rodgers against our starting DB’s it absolutely becomes meaningful info. Set aside your 2019 biases and listen and read closely as to what is happening and being reported.

Members online

Latest posts