1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Refs explain changes in rules

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    The Lambeau Leap remains legal and was used in the league's educational videotape as an example of a legal celebration. muwahahahahaha

2. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems like some good rule changes. I have always thought that the booth should review every play and if a play is challanged, when the ref calls up to the booth, a decision is already made or almost made.

I don't like the onsides kick rule. That is a very exciting play and I think that this rule change will make it more difficult to convert. There will be less 'flying missle guys' rocketing in there to cause problems.

I dont like the rule about not ever being able to touch the qb, where ever they are - oh wait, that is next years rule.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The fumble rule is ABOUT TIME!!!
    Giving the refs 60 seconds instead of 90 is a joke. They hardly ever got it in the 90 seconds. To me, they should have a ref upstairs that can run and rerun a play instantly, and they know before the sideline ref even looks under the hood if it's a right or wrong call. Why not just have the upstairs ref make the call and send it down to the field ref in the first place?
    The celebration rule is stupid to me. Why shouldn't a guy be able to celebrate if he makes a big play? Yes, there is a line where you have to stop it, but to make the NFL the "No Fun League" is dumb. Not doing it in your opponents face, i can see that. But to not allow your teammates to mob you and get into the FUN of a big play is lame to me. Just my most humble opinion.

4. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    cheesey = the chad johnson of pf.com

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

I'd agree we have a 'Chad Johnson' but its surely not cheesey. There's a more suitable person who pats themselves on the back so often they almost break their shoudler :)

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't mean the over the top crap like T.O. pulled, like running out to the Cowboys logo, or the 3 or 4 guys doing the dumb dance in the endzone. I mean the real from the heart happiness (like when Favre would throw a TD, and run to the endzone and tackle the guy that caught it) that comes with making a great play, or beating your arch rival. Not to show up the other team, but let the guy enjoy the moment for crying out loud.
    When i was in college and my team won the state bowling title, you don't think we hooted and hollered and high fived each other? We sure did. We didn't rub the other teams nose in it (although we should have, they were the top team and acted like their you know what didn't stink) and we beat them by 20 pins.
    Pro football players should at least be able to be HAPPY when they make a big play. Like i said, not over the top, but not dead pan either.
    I guess it's not politically correct to be allowed to enjoy winning anymore.
    They crack down on it more and more each year. Probably in the future they will do away with goal lines, so as to not be able to "show up" the other team by scoring on them. And EVERY team will get a Lombardi Trophy just for playing........even if they stink! (See? The Lions and Vikings WILL get a trophy this way!) :wink: