Reese's Senior Bowl Notes - News - Observations

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I believe it is @Dantés in the past which has highlighted the importance of the arm length measure as an indicator for sticking outside at the next level here are the notable longest Tackle prospects at Senior bowl from reports from measurements:

T Matt Waletzko, North Dakota

Height: 6'6″
Weight: 310
Arm Length: 35 1/8″
Wingspan: 85 3/4″
Hand: 10 1/8

T Darian Kinnard, Kentucky

Height: 6’5”
Weight: 324
Arm Length: 34 5/8”
Wingspan: 83”
Hand: 11 1/2”

T Daniel Faalele, Minnesota

Height: 6’8”
Weight: 387
Arm Length: 35 3/8”
Wingspan: 86 1/4”
Hand: 11”

T Abe Lucas, Washington State

Height: 6'6″
Weight: 322
Arm Length: 34 5/8″
Wingspan: 81 3/8″
Hand: 10 3/8″

T Braxton Jones, Southern Utah

Height: 6'5″
Weight: 306
Arm Length: 36″
Wingspan: 84 1/4″
Hand: 10 1/8″

T Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa

Height: 6’6″
Weight: 330
Arm Length: 34 3/4″
Wingspan: 83 5/8″
Hand: 10 1/4″

T Spencer Burford, UTSA

Height: 6’3″
Weight: 293
Arm Length: 34 1/4″
Wingspan: 82 1/4″
Hand: 9 1/2″

T Jamaree Salyer, Georgia

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 320
Arm Length: 34”
Wingspan: 80”
Hand: 9 1/2”

T Chris Paul, Tulsa

Height: 6’3”
Weight: 324
Arm Length: 34”
Wingspan: 82 1/4”
Hand: 9 3/8”

T Cade Mays, Tennessee

Height: 6'4″
Weight: 321
Arm Length: 34 1/4″
Wingspan: 82 3/8″
Hand: 9 7/8″

There were a couple iOL that measured long - which just so happen to be guys some scouts have said may swing outside:

G Marquis Hayes, Oklahoma

Height: 6’4″
Weight: 318
Arm Length: 35 1/2″
Wingspan: 83 1/2″
Hand: 8 3/4″

Charlie Kolar, Iowa State

Height: 6’6”
Weight: 256
Arm Length: 34 1/2”
Wingspan: 82 1/8”
Hand: 10”

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Faalele - This is a name many will be discussing leading into the draft and some have said GB should have sights on if we need a new starting RT. I'm fairly high on Faalele, I know he has the length and the size and experience, but my concern is that I haven't watched enough film and look forward to reports out of Senior bowl on just how fluid and quick he is in mirroring - the dude is massive and if he has a slow motor all the size and strength in the world won't do anything. Some are saying look at how big Sewell was...well folks this guy has Sewell by nearly 50 pounds BUT he does have two more inches of height and frame to go with that.

T Daniel Faalele, Minnesota

Height: 6’8”
Weight: 387
Arm Length: 35 3/8”
Wingspan: 86 1/4”
Hand: 11”

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Christian Watson - This North Dakota State wide receiver proved every single day at practice and then in the game that he can deliver against competition so many said he could hang with. Day 3 his break and release to beat Thorpe award winner Coby Bryant was kind of the signal many finally took notice of. On game day he was seen using his route skills to come open, but was only looked at a time or two and did have the longest completion of the day for his team (38 yards) and only a 39 yarder to Calvin Austin for the opposition eclipsed it. That said what Watson did each day of practice was he belongs. His body control and ability to use his extremely long and strong frame at a tall 6'4' 200+lb frame that has good speed (not incredible). However, here's why I'm doubling down on Watson as a guy for Green Bay that goes beyond just his motivation to continue to prove his critics wrong, to prove that a kid from a small school can succeed...the kid has the grit and willingness to play every play even if that means blocking. To me, he is everything Lazard has to exert maximum effort towards to be. Yes, I'm a big time Lazard fan due to his lunch pale mentality, solid hands when called upon and willingness to block - Watson is all that and was given more God given natural catching/route abilities it seems like. I had Watson firmly entrenched as an option in Round 2 for us and I'll stand by that - many will argue that is too early...however I think this cat may just be one of those surprises and if you wait till the third when many argue he should go, you've missed him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts