Records

OhioNative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a lifelong packer fan even before the Favre era and remember the terrible days after Starr and before Favre at QB. Reading these posts everyone is so high on Rodgers yet Rodgers has never started a game in his pro-career. Matter of fact the two games that he did get into, 1 against the Patroits and 1 against the Cowboys he ended up getting hurt is this a sign of the future, I hope not. A good QB is hard to find not saying Rodgers is not a good QB but give him time lets see how the training camp goes and the preseason games before we jump to predicting what our record is going to be. Favre was a one-of a kind QB that pulled out at lot of games last year and in his career. History tells us that when your great QB retires it takes a few years to find another. My personnel feeling is that Favre would have come back for another year maybe two if TT did'nt force him out.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two corrections I think I need to your post.

1. Rodger did not get hurt in the Dallas game. He pulled a hammy in practice.
2. TT did not force Favre out.

OP
OP
O

OhioNative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers got hurt after the Dallas game during practice a day or two after the Dallas game. I said in my previous post that my gut feelings were that TT forced Favre out. TT never stated that he forced Favre out if he did GB fans would have had his head on a silver platter. With as much money as we have under the salary cap and since we were so close to the Super bowl you would have thought that TT would have signed a couple of key free agents to go along with the young talent that they already have. Then Favre more then likely would have come back that is my personnel belief.

If we are making season predictions already before we even see Rodgers play I would state that we will be lucky to break 500 for the season.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While talking about his injuries it should be noted that he broke his foot and played over 1 1/2 quarters with it to finish the game. I think that says something about him being tough. My guess also is that since he wasnt the starter, we had Nall, and Favre hardly ever leaves a game, they decided to go ahead and rest him. I wonder if he would have played had he been the starter.

I disagree strongly about TT. He continued to do whats best for the team. There were no real additions that would get us over the top that weren't way over priced. Many teams have mortgaged the future to "that one player".

We are in a perfect position for Rodger to begin. a VERY strong team around him. Excellent defense. Wonderful talent surrounding him on offense.

Compare us to the Bears a couple of years ago. Our defense can (if needed) carry us. grossman, as horrible as he is, was able to succeed with marginal talent around him. We have much better players on offense (playmaking ability) than Chicago. Plus, with Rodger being with us for three years, plyaing under Favre, I think he will be a better than average QB THIS YEAR as far as stats go.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said in my previous post that my gut feelings were that TT forced Favre out.

Actually you said you felt Favre would have come back if TT didn't force him out. There is a difference.

If we are making season predictions already before we even see Rodgers play I would state that we will be lucky to break 500 for the season.

I guess it comes down to the glass half full or half empty. I believe that keeping AR behind Favre and under MM for 3 years made him ready to play GB football at a higher than average level. This is the perfect time to bring in a new QB. AR is not Favre and no one ever will be but I think we have a pretty good shot at taking the NFC North this season. I have high hopes for him and think he has a good chance to be very successful with GB.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right as rain!

We do not know that Aaron will be a great or even good Q.B. He is unproven. However, we also do not, NOT know that he will end up in the Hall Of Fame, as back to back Packer H.O.F. Q.B.'s.

Some people just choose to have a positive attitude about Aaron. That is good. Having a positive attitude about something does not guarantee success, but it will annoy enough negative people to make it all worth while.

Look... Some times old things need to go away so that new things have the opportunity to enter our lives.

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't say I remember the Starr years (because I wasn't exactly alive) but Rodgers is inheriting a young, capable team that's on the rise with it's key players not even in their prime yet, I don't think that much could be said for the team that Starr's follower inherited.

Members online

Latest posts