Recognizing the TD Milestone

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Rodgers about to break Favre's TD record with the Packers, I threw together a few of the important stats to illustrate Favre and Rodgers at the 442 TD mark:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The yardage difference seems to be purely from Favre needing two extra seasons to reach 442 TDs. The stark contrast is certainly the number of interceptions. I know that there is nothing ground breaking here, but it is still neat to step back and see how they compare.

Attachments

• 1640105651322.png
    1640105651322.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 115
Reaction score
Wow does Rodgers get sacked a lot.
I noticed that immediately.

I do remember Favre used quite a bit more quick slants (Driver etc..)
The INT line is incredible. Aaron has a near 5:1 TD:INT ratio over Favre’s 3:1

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers takes sacks to avoid throwing the INTs. I think that we would all rather lose the down & yardage versus giving the other team the ball.

Of course, what made us love and hate Favre so much was that he took incredible chances. He took us to incredible highs and lows, which is reflected in his stats.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers takes sacks to avoid throwing the INTs. I think that we would all rather lose the down & yardage versus giving the other team the ball.

Of course, what made us love and hate Favre so much was that he took incredible chances. He took us to incredible highs and lows, which is reflected in his stats.
I think that has a lot to do with it. Rodgers doesn't take chances. I'm guessing if Favre would have taken a few more sacks his INT numbers wouldn't have been quite as high. I'll take the sacks.

Comes from not taking the dump off or open short receiver waiting for someone to get open deep. Especially noticeable during the end of the MM era when man beater routes were all that were called.
That has a lot to do with it as well.

The bottom line is both were great QBs who had their own strengths and weaknesses. I think Rodgers is the better of the two by a bit but Favre will always have a place in our hearts because he brought us out of the doldrums. Not as many Lombardi trophies between them as we would have liked but football is a team sport and I consider myself lucky to have been able to watch both of them lead the Packers.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember many years ago the people who were big Favre critics claimed he would throw from the one yard line a lot just so he could pad his number of TD passes. So if you believe that, you might be surprised that Favre's yardage is so much higher even with the two extra years.

One thing Rodgers has not been able to equal is that Favre appeared in two Super Bowls. Not really an individual stat, I know.

I think that has a lot to do with it. Rodgers doesn't take chances. I'm guessing if Favre would have taken a few more sacks his INT numbers wouldn't have been quite as high. I'll take the sacks.
Sure. Ideally, of course, the ball would be thrown away.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wow does Rodgers get sacked a lot.

While Rodgers has been sacked more often than Favre there are currently 12 out of 33 active quarterbacks with at least 1,500 pass attempts who have been sacked on a higher percentage of dropbacks.

The INT line is incredible. Aaron has a near 5:1 TD:INT ratio over Favre’s 3:1

Actually Rodgers has an TD/INT ratio of 4.75, Favre's with the Packers was 1.55.

I remember many years ago the people who were big Favre critics claimed he would throw from the one yard line a lot just so he could pad his number of TD passes. So if you believe that, you might be surprised that Favre's yardage is so much higher even with the two extra years.

Rodgers (7.79) has a significantly higher average on yards per pass attempt than Favre (7.06) though.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing Rodgers has not been able to equal is that Favre appeared in two Super Bowls. Not really an individual stat, I know.
They each have one SB win. Favre won 2 of 4 Championship games that he played in with the Packers while Rodgers has only won 1 of 5. If you toss in Favre's championship game loss to the Saints in 2009 he is 2 of 5.

Favre won 12 of his 22 playoff games (including SBs) with the Packers and Rodgers has won 11 of 21 (including SB). Give Rodgers this season to get his second SB appearance and they should be pretty even, although Rodgers has done it in 14 seasons while Favre played 16 with Green Bay (19 overall).

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I probably won't be around in 15 years, but it'll look really cool to see Love's name added to that list. Can you imagine, 45 years of incredible QB play in a row?!?! :) Chicago and Cleveland will be on QB #25-30 by then over the same span. I'm cautiously optimistic it'll happen, and it WILL be cool! ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I probably won't be around in 15 years, but it'll look really cool to see Love's name added to that list. Can you imagine, 45 years of incredible QB play in a row?!?! :) Chicago and Cleveland will be on QB #25-30 by then over the same span. I'm cautiously optimistic it'll happen, and it WILL be cool! ;)
the Bears are already on #35 I think

D

Deleted member 6794

Can you imagine, 45 years of incredible QB play in a row?!?! :) Chicago and Cleveland will be on QB #25-30 by then over the same span. I'm cautiously optimistic it'll happen, and it WILL be cool! ;)

the Bears are already on #35 I think

According to PFR 36 quarterbacks have started at least a game for the Bears since 1992. That number is even higher for the Browns at 38 despite them not being around for three years.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that he didn't start the game, but it's still worth throwing out TJ Rubley's name for his memorable QB play in 1995

Reaction score
I knew there was a veteran journeyman but I couldn't recall and didn't care to research it.
Yes. Well, Seneca would’ve been easy to miss. He only appeared in a few games but made the 1 “start” to be qualify. I’m not even sure he finished, seems he pulled a groin if I recall correctly?
Anyways we’ve been ultra spoiled at QB.

Members online

Latest posts