Recent Head Coaching Changes Prove It's GB's Time to Move On

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never forget, winning a Super Bowl is really easy. I think maybe we should try to win that more, not sure that's what the coaches/players want.

#sad
#firethosesobs

Packer4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams have completely turned around their offense and have made their QB look like a completely different QB in ONE offseason. With no first round pick.

Teams like Minnesota have brought in defensive coaches, and now have young talent all over the field, and all key players on the offense were acquired under his watch. Atlanta has a lot of young athletic defensive players which were good enough to shut down this offense and that of NE (until the OC hung them out to dry) without their starting CB, and offensive pieces and a system which we makes them one of the most dangerous in the league.

There is just no excuse for this group anymore. Not only have we acquired a fraction of the talent that these teams have within the same time span, but defenses are clearly wise to our act on offense. We can't run, Rodgers looks uncomfortable and without confidence most of the time because there seem to be 2 defenders around every single receiver, and also a QB spy to keep him contained. And defensively, it is a mess.

I don't know who is responsible, but the talent just isn't coming in, and we aren't utilizing that which we do have on offense. We need a guy with a plan and finds players from all means necessary, not just a FA acquisition every few years and a solid guy or two in the first 2 rounds, if we are lucky, and not much else.

If you are fine with a playoff participation trophy each year, you will obviously scoff at this. But this complacency within the organization is aggravating to watch.

Finally somebody gets it. I've been thinking this system is just too stale to be competitive anymore. I have come to the conclusion that the Packer organization needs to clean house, from top to bottom. TT refuses to use free agency to improve this team. This draft and develop crap does nothing but hurt the veterans on the team. And we've all watched the dismal Capers D for way too many years now. It's not working now and won't with the personnel available. And what the hell is going on with the perennial injury bug? Is it a lack of conditioning or just people being out of position and a step behind ? I've written letters to Mark Murphy and would encourage others to do the same. I received a written response, so I know somebody is reading the mail. We are all fans here and we need to express our disgust at the way this team is being managed. It seems just sneaking into the playoffs is good enough. Well, it's not good enough for me. I want to win, not just play.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally somebody gets it. I've been thinking this system is just too stale to be competitive anymore. I have come to the conclusion that the Packer organization needs to clean house, from top to bottom. TT refuses to use free agency to improve this team. This draft and develop crap does nothing but hurt the veterans on the team. And we've all watched the dismal Capers D for way too many years now. It's not working now and won't with the personnel available. And what the hell is going on with the perennial injury bug? Is it a lack of conditioning or just people being out of position and a step behind ? I've written letters to Mark Murphy and would encourage others to do the same. I received a written response, so I know somebody is reading the mail. We are all fans here and we need to express our disgust at the way this team is being managed. It seems just sneaking into the playoffs is good enough. Well, it's not good enough for me. I want to win, not just play.

I'm agreeing and as I said in another thread, I believe Mike McCarthy has in fact lost this team and simply is not bringing any energy to them anymore. Rodgers has struggled a little more than usual this year with more picks thrown and what have you, but I'm getting tired of the same old injury excuse cuz as Captain WIMM said, we're not suffering any more injuries than usual than any other team. It's a team that's playing at a **** poor level all around right now, and there's only one thing to point to. Coaching.

I'm sorry MM, I've been in your corner for the entire 11 now going to be 12 years you've been here, but it's time to move on now. We gotta get a younger guy in here to coach up and get this team achieving at a high level again. We can't afford to fritter away games like this and just back into the playoffs. We got a hall of fame QB who needs a coach to breathe new life into this team and send him off with at least 1 more SB.

OP
OP
P

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never forget, winning a Super Bowl is really easy. I think maybe we should try to win that more, not sure that's what the coaches/players want.

#sad
#firethosesobs
I don't consider not using free agency and keeping around a DC that has been below average for years to be much of an effort to win the SB.

I love the snarky replies when we got blown out by a team our division rivals nearly beat, and we're getting blown out by a bad team.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't consider not using free agency and keeping around a DC that has been below average for years to be much of an effort to win the SB.

I love the snarky replies when we got blown out by a team our division rivals nearly beat, and we're getting blown out by a bad team.

This, it's all about the level of play on a team, and when you got Rodgers on it, expectations have to be much higher than this. In the past it may have been just that one or two games that were enough to write off the criticisms of our coaches, but it's become a big bad habit now with this team playing all **** poor like this. People will point to #RunTheTable, but there is just no guarantee of that in any given year, and besides, I do not know of any circumstances by which losing games to get to the brink of elimination before starting it is ok. This kind of garbage that's going on in Lambeau today has gotta stop and it's gotta stop now. We need new coaching.

Packer4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot to point out how poor the special teams have been for years. Since when is a fair catch the play of choice to change field position? That's just another group that constantly misses blocks and commits penalties. Again, a product of poor coaching. The Packers organization is in deep trouble if these problems aren't addressed.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want someone fired after this. Your gonna let the god dam Bengals walk in and beat you? Unacceptable. It starts with that " Generational" QB too.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say we were average at every position.
Yeah, by basic deduction, you pretty much did. You said everyone outside of Rodgers is average. Why backpedal? At least stand by what you say if you're going to say it in the first place.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson paying you enough

Wolf got his team to another SB at least. Furthermore, he's in the HOF.

Atlanta is absolutely a better team than the Packrrs. There's no debate.

Yeah, there actually IS a debate. We have been very banged up every time we played them while they have been almost completely injury-free. Until they beat us when we have more than 3 of our top 7 players, it is highly debateable, especially since they got help from the zebras in the form of a 10-20 point swing.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally somebody gets it. I've been thinking this system is just too stale to be competitive anymore. I have come to the conclusion that the Packer organization needs to clean house, from top to bottom. TT refuses to use free agency to improve this team.

He signed 7 veteran free agents this year. Or are you referring to his dislike of over-paying for players that are over-hyped?

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While a W is a W, and me never being for mid season changes (especially in a stable organization like the Packers) surely Capers's/TT's seat just has to be gotten a little hotter. Come the end of the year, if the D has not improved significantly from last year or we do not reach the NFC championship game (I would like to say SB) but that seems just a little to much to require) someone has to go, if only for the sake of a breath of fresh air for the Pack.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I want someone fired after this. Your gonna let the god dam Bengals walk in and beat you? Unacceptable. It starts with that " Generational" QB too.

Your complaint has been duly noted and sent to the organisation. Happy to be of service.

OP
OP
P

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, by basic deduction, you pretty much did. You said everyone outside of Rodgers is average. Why backpedal? At least stand by what you say if you're going to say it in the first place.
Let's see, maybe I said the team was average because having a couple of scarecrows in the secondary where our CBs should be offsets the contributions of players like Daniels, resulting in the defense being average to below average in terms of points allowed. And our running game is, in fact, bad. And the line can't protect Rodgers. Sounds like a stellar group.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
"Recent NFL Outcomes Prove it's Time to Move the Packers to London"

OP
OP
P

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should we reconsider this? We are obviously very far behind the curb as far as coaching is concerned. There are offensive systems which make backups effortlessly look like stars, while our supremely talented QB must use every single bit of ability that he has to eek out a win for this team. McCarthy is a dinosaur compared to current offensive minds. There is no telling how much he and his extremely questionable choices in a coaching staff have set us back.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yup. Do we ever call plays where AR catches the ball? Both Brady (attempted) and Foles did it in SB. Compared to last nights game, our offence does seem unidimensional.

Well it isn't because they don't work on having AR catch the ball. Rumor has it, that he was ahead of Janis on the WR Depth chart. ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Should we reconsider this? We are obviously very far behind the curb as far as coaching is concerned. There are offensive systems which make backups effortlessly look like stars, while our supremely talented QB must use every single bit of ability that he has to eek out a win for this team. McCarthy is a dinosaur compared to current offensive minds. There is no telling how much he and his extremely questionable choices in a coaching staff have set us back.

The 2018 season has been prepared as a "put up or shut up" season for McCarthy. I think this ^ is extreme in its criticism (e.g. "dinosaur"), but I do agree that the offense has grown stale. He and Philbin are reportedly revamping it. We will see if they can figure it out. If it's still inconsistent, then by all means get him out of there.

OP
OP
P

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2018 season has been prepared as a "put up or shut up" season for McCarthy. I think this ^ is extreme in its criticism (e.g. "dinosaur"), but I do agree that the offense has grown stale. He and Philbin are reportedly revamping it. We will see if they can figure it out. If it's still inconsistent, then by all means get him out of there.
Fair enough. I prefer that he'd shut up, and that the organization would stop taking half measures.

He can't develop a QB anymore, can't design a play anymore, can't call plays anymore, and makes terrible, complacent coaching hires. I'm just not seeing his value. If he were capable of designing a good playbook, he should have focused on perfecting that craft instead of riding AR's coattails. Bringing in another retread who tried to make the system translate on another team with a different QB (like McAdoo) and failed miserably doesn't instill much confidence.

Think about Rodgers. He's given everything that he can to this team physically, and they've done a very uninspired job of giving him a team which is capable of success. He deserves a hell of a lot better.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Fair enough. I prefer that he'd shut up, and that the organization would stop taking half measures.

He can't develop a QB anymore, can't design a play anymore, can't call plays anymore, and makes terrible, complacent coaching hires. I'm just not seeing his value. If he were capable of designing a good playbook, he should have focused on perfecting that craft instead of riding AR's coattails. Bringing in another retread who tried to make the system translate on another team with a different QB (like McAdoo) and failed miserably doesn't instill much confidence.

Think about Rodgers. He's given everything that he can to this team physically, and they've done a very uninspired job of giving him a team which is capable of success. He deserves a hell of a lot better.

This seems quite extreme given the track record of the offense under McCarthy. I realize Rodgers' greatness, but still...

OP
OP
P

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
He gave up 41 to a team which also shredded the Vikings. Wouldn't it be nice to have a coach capable of putting together that kind of offense with a backup and winning a Super Bowl, as opposed to a coach who can only win 6 out of 20 games without the starting QB?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The OP looks a lot smarter now that the season has played out, and with all the offseason changes. I still think McCarthy deserves his chance, especially with the new coordinators and all. But if things don't get better, he's the only scapegoat left.

Members online

Latest posts