1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Recent #5 picks-Round 2

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by mattresell, Jan 1, 2006.

1. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    2005-Shaun Cody
    2004-Teddy Lehmen
    2003-Jon Stinchcomb
    2002-Andre Gurode
    2001-Chad Johnson
    2000-Todd Pinkston
    1999-Mike Peterson
    1998-Tony Parrish
    1997-Juan Roque
    1996-Mike Alstott
    1995-Cory Raymer

More busts in this list obviously, but notice Chad Johnson and Mike Peterson were both drafted in the early 2nd round. So there is potential to find superstars. Either way, most of these guys have been quality pros.

2. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who is Mike Peterson?

The only 2 names of note are Chad Johnson and Mike Alstott.

3. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    We won't have the #5 pick in the second or third rounds. I believe we will have the #3 or 4 in each of these rounds.

4. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's the same Mike Peterson that played for the Colts and might be with someone else now. A LB. Am I right?
    KB
    Just checked, it is he.

5. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He is in Jacksonville. I'm not sure if he made the pro bowl this year, but if not he would be right up there for consideration. Been in top 10 in NFL in tackles last 2 years.

6. tkpckfan

tkpckfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    who gives a sh** that has nothing to do with this year

7. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This year is over. It's time to look to next year.

8. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Look at some prior drafts and the best or second best Guard should be available for the Packers with their 2nd round pick. This draft is low on Guards. The Packers may get a good one in free agency but a good young one will help.

9. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    this draft is loaded with potential, we can get a good player if we pick somewhere around 35.

(if we dont end up with AJ Hawk at #5):
    LB's Demeco Ryans (Bama), D'Qwell Jackson (MD), Ernie Sims (Florida State), Abdul Hodge (Iowa), Ahmad brooks (UVA) could figure in

DL's Claude Wroten (LSU), Gabe Watson (Michigan),

what else is intriuging is we might get a shot at either of the top Offensive Guard prospects with our second round pick, Georgia's Max Jean-Giles, or SC's Tautisui Lutui...a very intriuging pick

10. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hodge and Brooks are sweet

11. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Correct! We move up a slot in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and then we drop to the bottom of the 4-12 teams in the 4th round which is a great postiion to be in. By the time the 4th and 5th rounds come around there is not a huge difference in the quality of players that are drafted 1st to 10th in those rounds.

12. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    thats why I'm saying maybe pass on AJ Hawk, because '06's LB class is crammed with talent, especially if penn state's paul posluszny declares, which i sure hope he doesnt

Barnett to the outside is a great proposition, Barnett on the outside with Thomas on the outside, Diggs is good but is about as dependable as...well, no...With this team not looking like a legit threat for the next year or two, I see Diggs as a June 1st cut to save some coin and make way for some pricey draft pick contracts

13. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for clarifying that. I guess now I have to redo the list for the 4th pick in round 2 and 3. I guess it doesn't really matter though. The idea was just to give everyone an idea of the quality of players drafted in that position. Moving up one slot shouldn't change that, but I'm bored and having nothing better to do. Expect a list shortly.

14. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly right. The team that picks 3rd in the 2nd round may draft a bust and the team that drafts 5th can pick a HOF type of player. There are no guarantees only chances.

Oh and for the record, I didn't mean to critizice you. I was replying to DePack's post.