1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Receivers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by jdlax, Aug 15, 2007.

1. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What are your guesses as to how many WRs the Packers will keep, and who will they be?

Looks like there are 3 for sures in Driver, Jennings, and Jones.

A few like Holiday, and Martin, are doing some good things from the reports.

Clowney and Bodiford sound like they're doing nothing at all in the recieving game, but are both possibilities as returners.

Ferguson sounds useless as usual.

So who stays and goes?

I'd like to see Holiday and Martin make the roster. It sounds like Martin's turning into someone who can find ways to get open and go up and the ball, and Holiday seems like a very good athlete who is progressing as a reciever, and is a threat for a trick play with his QB background.

That's 5 so far, could it be they keep who they deem the better of Clowney/Bodiford as a 6th WR and returnman and give Ferguson the heave ho? Or does Ferguson have 9 lives here?

Francies, Russell, and Brewster are also in the mix, but I don't think many people expect them on the roster come the 9th.

2. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. driver
    2. jennings
    3. jones
    4. holiday
    5. martin
    6. ferguson

These two might make it as kick returners.
    7. clowney
    8. bodiford

Any one know anything about K-Rob????

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    1. Driver
    2. Jones
    3. Jennings
    4. Holiday
    5. Martin
    6. Bodiford

Clowney practice squad and Fergies tenure with the Pack is over. If or once Krob is reinstated Martin or Bodiford will be released.

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with this lineup, although Bodiford could be expendable if Will Blackmon does well returning kicks. Fergie is on his way out. He's not worth keeping if he's anything less than the #3, and he's pretty much lost that job already. I like Martin and Holiday much better than Fergie at this point. They are capable of making big plays, which he isn't anymore.

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Driver, Jennings, and Jones are our top 3.

I really like both R Martin and Holliday. Both of them will blossom in the near future.

The 6th will be whichever is a better KR. Or at least, I hope that's how it pans out because we're in desperate need of a KR. No, I don't want Morency back there.

K-Rob will come back and hopefully will be our KR in addition to the #3 or #4 WR, depending on a bunch of factors.

6. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Holiday made a tackle on special teams the other night....Could be an emergancy QB....or hey Ted...lets use Holiday like Randal EL...HMMM....

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Driver (no question)
    2. Jennings (no question)
    3. Jimbo Jones (no question)
    4. Martin (He has all the tools (except exceptional speed) to be successful, and he isn't painfully slow)
    5. Bodiford (Has potential, and playing the L5 position as well as KR and an option as a PR makes him too valuable to cut)
    6. Clowney (deep threat that has potential; usually takes a couple of years for such players to blossom)

Unfortunately, I think this means Holiday will be cut. He doesn't deserve to be, but I don't think they'll cut Clowney since he is a draft pick. It'll be hard to get Clowney on to our PS, IMO.

8. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Hey there is potential idea if they could get Thompson to the PS, keep Favre and Rodgers with Holiday filling the 3rd QB spot as an emergency. Thus allowing us to keep other skill areas 1 deeper.

If either Favre or Rodgers gets nicked up, active Thompson from the PS.

Just a thought...

9. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There was an article on the Press Gazette web site the other day about how well Holliday is playing on special teams. He's been the gunner, which is the job that Robert Ferguson used to be so good at, and has made some good tackles. Unless something changes in the next couple weeks, Holliday's performance at that position has sealed Ferguson's fate.

I'ts definitely a longshot for Holliday to be used as a #3 QB. For now, he's fighting just to make the team as a receiver and special teams player. He doesn't have time to learn a whole new position (being an NFL QB is a very different thing from being a college QB), and I don't see him having the time to do that even if he sticks with the team for several years.

10. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he was more of a running QB when he played in college and was never a consistant starter. Handy to have him around for a few trick plays though and hes a way better footballer than Ferguson is at the moment.

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    1, Donald Driver
    2, Greg Jennings
    3, James Jones (r)
    4, Carlyle Holiday
    5, Ruvel Martin
    6, David Clowney

If Koren Robinson gets re-instated, I say he'll be taking the place of Clowney or Holiday.

Brett has said Koren Robinson is a deep threat at WR that they did not have until he came aboard. If Brett sees it, I suspect the staff does too.

11 David Clowney
    13 Carlton Brewster
    17 Calvin Russell
    18 Carlyle Holiday
    19 Shaun Bodiford
    80 Donald Driver
    82 Ruvell Martin
    83 Chris Francies
    85 Greg Jennings
    87 Robert Ferguson
    89 James Jones

12. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. DD
    2. JJ
    3. Fergie
    4. GJ
    5. Martin
    6. Bodiford

13. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Driver
    2. Jennings
    3. Jones
    4. Martin
    5. Bodiford

And I think we should have Bodiford returning kick offs, instead of Herron, or whoever holds that spot right now. Who does hold it?

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Blackmon

15. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I want them to keep 6 very badly but I'm not sure that's going to be the case. They will probably keep 5.

1. Donald Driver
    2. Greg Jennings
    3. James Jones
    4. Ruvell Martin
    5. Carlyle Holiday
    6. Shaun Bodiford or David Clowney (return man)