Rebuild a new LaFleur offense or get what Pettine needs on defense?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think what the guys are trying to say here, is that merely being an "expert" doesn't make one correct. For instance; I have the letters Rev. before my name and 3 higher educational diplomas on the wall. Does that mean that I am more correct on every single thing in my field than say "BuggyBill"? Would I be any more correct than others with the same credentials on every single issue. You are thinking, I hope, "of course not". Its the same with appeals to an "expert". He/She may study their field a lot, but they won't be correct 100 per cent of the time.

What CaptWimm is trying to point out is that stat analysis for Fantasy Football is different than stat analysis for over all play. Fantasy is predicated on different parameters to score points. For instance I had Tom Brady on my fantasy team this year. His numbers were pedestrian at best. Does that mean he is a poor QB? No, it means he isn't the best QB to have for Fantasy stats. Thus Captain has qualms about using a Fantasy Football expert's stats.

Unless you guys agree on what makes "acceptable" statistics analysis, you will just go round and round on this.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what the guys are trying to say here, is that merely being an "expert" doesn't make one correct. For instance; I have the letters Rev. before my name and 3 higher educational diplomas on the wall. Does that mean that I am more correct on every single thing in my field than say "BuggyBill"? Would I be any more correct than others with the same credentials on every single issue. You are thinking, I hope, "of course not". Its the same with appeals to an "expert". He/She may study their field a lot, but they won't be correct 100 per cent of the time.

What CaptWimm is trying to point out is that stat analysis for Fantasy Football is different than stat analysis for over all play. Fantasy is predicated on different parameters to score points. For instance I had Tom Brady on my fantasy team this year. His numbers were pedestrian at best. Does that mean he is a poor QB? No, it means he isn't the best QB to have for Fantasy stats. Thus Captain has qualms about using a Fantasy Football expert's stats.

Unless you guys agree on what makes "acceptable" statistics analysis, you will just go round and round on this.

You're right - I don't see an end here. I believe my multiple stats, they believe theirs, at the end of the day we won't know who's right. Sorry about Brady, I had Newton if it makes you feel better. Baker saved my bacon in the championship round (I won my competitive league rather handily haha).

Reaction score
I have read your link and a key facet to prove your point is a lack of supporting evidence. I have provided supporting evidence, the fact you find them irrelevant is your opinion which is the exact heart of our discussion.
I’ve come to realize that there is no amount of concrete, objective statistical evidence that will change some posters “opinion”. Occasionally a poster won’t even read both paragraphs of a 2 paragraph post before responding, as if what you offered never existed.
As an example, if a poster doesn’t so much as acknowledge that RBs don’t just run? I’ve learned that you’ll absolutely never fix what’s broke with that. Shake the dust from your feet and move along. Not everyone is going to challenge your intellect or even hear what you have to offer for that matter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I can appreciate that a fantasy football analyst is not ideal given your perceived biases, hence the challenge put forth for anyone to find someone who analyzes stats for a living to chime in. I'd be all ears.

Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus analyze football (not the fantasy version) stats for a living. I've posted their rankings before yet you just ignored them. Here's their take once again with the Bucs not being in the top five in either one.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus analyze football (not the fantasy version) stats for a living. I've posted their rankings before yet you just ignored them. Here's their take once again with the Bucs not being in the top five in either one.

Because I just can't take it seriously when your argument depends on Philadelphia, Green Bay, and Minnesota having a better passing offense than Tampa last year. I think you need to watch more Tampa games.

The other site relies on DVOA which has its flaws.

As stated, we're not going to agree here so I'm done.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie that SB has me a bit concerned. Especially considering McVay straight up admitted that he got outcoached by Belichick. What if something happens and Rodgers sees something in the defense that a coach like Belichick has and Lafleur doesn't? And as a result Rodgers changes the play and it benefits us.

D

Deleted member 6794

Because I just can't take it seriously when your argument depends on Philadelphia, Green Bay, and Minnesota having a better passing offense than Tampa last year. I think you need to watch more Tampa games.

The other site relies on DVOA which has its flaws.

I'm shocked that after you asked for someone to chime in with a source that analyzes football for a living you discredit their opinion because they don't agree with your fantasy buddy :rolleyes:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, Pettine pounded the table for Justin Gilbert, one of the biggest busts in recent memory. They traded up to get him for Pettine. If a coach doesn't know players, then I don't trust him to be able to utilize them.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm shocked that after you asked for someone to chime in with a source that analyzes football for a living you discredit their opinion because they don't agree with your fantasy buddy :rolleyes:
I don't know why it's so difficult for some just to take their 'L' when they've clearly been proven wrong.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why it's so difficult for some just to take their 'L' when they've clearly been proven wrong.

"Clearly" hey?

The floor is yours if you want to proceed with outlining the winning argument of Philly having a better pass offense than Tampa.

D

Deleted member 6794

FWIW, Pettine pounded the table for Justin Gilbert, one of the biggest busts in recent memory. They traded up to get him for Pettine. If a coach doesn't know players, then I don't trust him to be able to utilize them.

I don't consider the head coach to be at fault for a player not being able to stay out of trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts