Reasons why there is still hope

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1. Run Defense - 25 attempts for kevin "packer killer" jones. 87 yards. That is awesome run defense. That is a sign of things to come.

#2. Ahmad Carroll - There is no WAY in HELL he is getting a lot of playing time next week. If he gets the starting nod, I am going to bet against the packers (they win..fine...they lose...money)

#3. Offense - it stunk. it sputtered. the new guards did ok. This looked rather flukish. Our guys got cramped up in the 3rd quarter. Javon got hurt...driver got cramped...fergy got cramped..ahman got cramped. Then favre had that weird 'fumble' which wasnt a fumble, btw, and should have been challenged by sherman, cuz it was close. Do you think the offense will perform this way every week? If you do...well..god bless you.

#4 - Pass defense - KGB...sack. Kampman...sack. Jenkins...sack. They got a great push on a pretty decent offensive line. Joey thomas made some good plays on 3rd downs, stopping a first down. Those boys did that a couple of times...when Ahmad wasnt giving up a first down.

#5 - Special Teams - yeah...special teams sure were awesome today. So much for eddie drummond being great, and us being crappy. I called that one, btw. Thank you.

#6 - Goal Line stand - we had a goal line stand. That is impressive no matter who you are playing, and with these young men..its very impressive. I dont think I said the words "goal line stand" once last year.

#7 - Jim Bates - Wow....87 rush yards for jones. thats damn good. 167 pass yards by harrington. That is also damn good. We didnt overpursue too much, and we closed run gaps fast. We got good pressure on the QB, and we forced a couple 3 and outs. And you know whats sick? This is a lof of those guys first games...and they're only gonna get better.

Next week...Cleveland Browns...at home...honoring Reggie...

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So really, then, what you are saying is that the problem was our offense (and Carroll).

To me it didn't look like the Packers O even practiced in the last couple weeks.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did Favre seem to have a "distant" look to anyone but me? Seemed like his mind was not there today.....

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am DEFINITELY saying it was the offenses fault today. The thing is..how often does that happen? not often. I look for them to rebound next week against a BAD defense, and I look for our defense to stop roeben droughns and trent dilfer.

1-1 next week, ill bet my cheesehead on it.

was i the only one impressed with the defense?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett looked either preoccupied, scared or both to me. That is one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. That being said, I'm encouraged by the play of the defense. We got a pass rush with only 4 guys for the first time in 3 years. As long as Carroll gets his *** sat down on the bench, things will be better next week.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I am DEFINITELY saying it was the offenses fault today. The thing is..how often does that happen? not often.
Absolutely. They could hardly move the ball which is so unlike the Packers.

tromadz said:
Yes, they were great. I think the secondary was a little pathetic, but what was nice to see was that our team did not miss too many tackles. That has been such a big issue the last couple years and I really think they improved. No turnovers though. :(

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I am DEFINITELY saying it was the offenses fault today.

Defense actually looked pretty decent, special teams did pretty good, but the offense totally fell apart....

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also the big bad vikings that everyone said will run away with the division played bad and culpeper looks lost without moss.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with most all of your observations.

There are many things to look forward to. Infact you may have left one out.

BJ... He punted well, infact very well. He did his job, and it is a good thing MS does not read the fan forums becuase 52 weeks ago the mob of fans on the former NC forum were ready to lynch the kid, burn him at the stake and quarter him afterwords in a public market. Many forum posters were trashing M.S. for drafting him, and demanding that he be cut or traded. I think that shows why we (Posters) are not working in the front office of the Packers organization.

The only thing I disagree with in the content of your post is your comments on Carrol.. I thought he played well. Overall I thought he played well.

Brett on the other hand looked like a shadow of his former self. That makes me sad, it kind of reminds me of Montana, when his flower began to wilt once it lost it's bloom at a specific age. Let us all hope he like Montana does not end up throwing his last pass in a K.C. uniform.

Now before you jump on me for that last thought ask yourself... Who would have thought Montana would have not retired as a 49er?

LOOK at the bright side my Packer friends here on this fine forum.

You all had a tough Sunday.

R.P. had a tough Sunday and a tough Thursday just 72 hours before today.

I am going to Look at the bright side..... VIKES looked like crap and so did the BRONCO's

Make it a great tomorrow,

RP

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rp....are you nuts?

No seriously...are you crazy?

I love you, brother..but...let me know if I need to put you in a home, Ill front the cash, even though it might hurt me financially, with insurance rates going up.

"The only thing I disagree with in th content of your post is your comments on Carrol.. I thought he played well. Overall I thought he played well. "

Someone get the strait jacket please...this mother has lost his mind.

(hey, rp, how about that game changing interception...riiiight)

Pack14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense was pathetic. I don't think it helped on either side of the ball with 14 flags against us. I didn't see any fire from anyone on offense. I was happy that the defense played well.

Not sure what to say about Carroll. Hopefully next week will bring better things.

Go Pack

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tackling stats it is.

carroll...1 tackle. i dont even remember that one. does anyone know if he celebrated it?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RP: Having four or five penalties in one game does not fit my definition of playing well, so I can't agree with you on Carroll. (Although I will say that at least one of the penalties was a bad call.) Joey Thomas looked very good once again, and should be starting next week--as he should have this week.

Brett will not leave the Packers. Montana was forced out because he had a world-class QB, Steve Young, backing him up, and it reached a point where the team had to either start Young or let him go to another team. Neither Craig Nall nor Aaron Rodgers are anywhere near that level yet.

Let's hope the good old Cleveland Browns are the cure for what ails us next week. And it was fun watching the Vikes lose.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the browns..lol

sorry but dilfer
orthcutt and droughns dont scare me..i know i shouldnt be cocky...but..yea..i am

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
RP..put down the bottle and go to bed..you must be drunk...

Favre looked bad today because the offense could not develop a rhythm and his receivers couldn't get open...any QB would have looked terrible behind this offense...they couldn't get much of a running game going either....

and if the only you can point to is that the punter "did well"..(maybe because he had so much practice today)..as your defense and justification for Mike Sherman's performance...than i feel sorry for you ....because that is pathetic....

Favre looked "distant" because he could see his offense crumbling around him....

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I agree with most all of your observations.

There are many things to look forward to. Infact you may have left one out.

BJ... He punted well, infact very well. He did his job, and it is a good thing MS does not read the fan forums becuase 52 weeks ago the mob of fans on the former NC forum were ready to lynch the kid, burn him at the stake and quarter him afterwords in a public market. Many forum posters were trashing M.S. for drafting him, and demanding that he be cut or traded. I think that shows why we (Posters) are not working in the front office of the Packers organization.

The only thing I disagree with in the content of your post is your comments on Carrol.. I thought he played well. Overall I thought he played well.

Brett on the other hand looked like a shadow of his former self. That makes me sad, it kind of reminds me of Montana, when his flower began to wilt once it lost it's bloom at a specific age. Let us all hope he like Montana does not end up throwing his last pass in a K.C. uniform.

Now before you jump on me for that last thought ask yourself... Who would have thought Montana would have not retired as a 49er?

LOOK at the bright side my Packer friends here on this fine forum.

You all had a tough Sunday.

R.P. had a tough Sunday and a tough Thursday just 72 hours before today.

I am going to Look at the bright side..... VIKES looked like crap and so did the BRONCO's

Make it a great tomorrow,

RP

thanks raider. next week is another week

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
RP..put down the bottle and go to bed..you must be drunk...

Favre looked bad today because the offense could not develop a rhythm and his receivers couldn't get open...any QB would have looked terrible behind this offense...they couldn't get much of a running game going either....

and if the only you can point to is that the punter "did well"..(maybe because he had so much practice today)..as your defense and justification for Mike Sherman's performance...than i feel sorry for you ....because that is pathetic....

Favre looked "distant" because he could see his offense crumbling around him....

Brett overthrew a wide open Walker twice and a wide open Driver once so I wouldn't say that the receivers had trouble getting open.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
#1. Run Defense - 25 attempts for kevin "packer killer" jones. 87 yards. That is awesome run defense. That is a sign of things to come.

#2. Ahmad Carroll - There is no WAY in HELL he is getting a lot of playing time next week. If he gets the starting nod, I am going to bet against the packers (they win..fine...they lose...money)

#3. Offense - it stunk. it sputtered. the new guards did ok. This looked rather flukish. Our guys got cramped up in the 3rd quarter. Javon got hurt...driver got cramped...fergy got cramped..ahman got cramped. Then favre had that weird 'fumble' which wasnt a fumble, btw, and should have been challenged by sherman, cuz it was close. Do you think the offense will perform this way every week? If you do...well..god bless you.

#4 - Pass defense - KGB...sack. Kampman...sack. Jenkins...sack. They got a great push on a pretty decent offensive line. Joey thomas made some good plays on 3rd downs, stopping a first down. Those boys did that a couple of times...when Ahmad wasnt giving up a first down.

#6 - Goal Line stand - we had a goal line stand. That is impressive no matter who you are playing, and with these young men..its very impressive. I dont think I said the words "goal line stand" once last year.

#7 - Jim Bates - Wow....87 rush yards for jones. thats damn good. 167 pass yards by harrington. That is also damn good. We didnt overpursue too much, and we closed run gaps fast. We got good pressure on the QB, and we forced a couple 3 and outs. And you know whats sick? This is a lof of those guys first games...and they're only gonna get better.

Next week...Cleveland Browns...at home...honoring Reggie...

YES our run defense, there is no way i thought we would hold kevin jones like that...MAJOR PROPS to jim bates and whatever system he concieved, but it appears a lot of defensive line personell saw game time...i know i come off as 'jumping off the bandwagon' on some of my posts, but i applaud jim bates and the job our defense did against kevin jones and the rest of the lions, if you wouldve told me pre-game we'd hold kevin jones under 100 yards, i'd guarantee a win, unfortunately the offense, well...

the offense...lets just say i type out what i think, and then i have to backspace and edit out the profanities because i don't want to get kicked off...what an embarassment...beat the browns next week...

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packman31 said:
Also the big bad vikings that everyone said will run away with the division played bad and culpeper looks lost without moss.

True. The only TD the Vikings scored was by the defense when Griese threw a gift to Sharper. The Vikings offense didn't score a TD today without Moss.

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre looked distant because his homeland has been torn apart within the last week. Remember he's only human, you can't expect him to play lights-out after adversity every single week.

Members online

Latest posts