Reason # 53 I'd rather have McCarthy then Childress...

V

Vikeman

"I'd run the guy 50 times if I could have."

This was a quote after the pro bowl yesterday by McCarthy on Peterson.

Mike McCarthy of the hated Green Bay Packers knows what's going on. The Minnesota Vikings have the best running back in the National Football League, but have the worst coach to devise a game plan for him. Adrian Peterson won the Most Outstanding Player award at the Pro Bowl yesterday even though he faced 8 in the box just as he did in the later part of the season.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He has a special talent and I am not looking forward to the Pack playing them 2 times a year..

But one has to wonder, if he can with stand the pounding of the season..if he is used to much?

V

Vikeman

He has a special talent and I am not looking forward to the Pack playing them 2 times a year..

But one has to wonder, if he can with stand the pounding of the season..if he is used to much?

He can...he just needs to learn to run out of bounds and stop taking uneccesary hits. The Al Harris hit was just unlucky. Clean but unfortunate. The fact that he healed two weeks later and came back is astounding.

The point of the thread is that at least I know one nfl coach understands how to use talent.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually saw somewhere on the internet where some cowboy fans were complaining about MM not splitting the carries enough haha. They were upset that their Marion "the barbarian" (oooh how manly) only got 6 carries.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM wanted to run him 50 times hoping AP would get hurt so he would stop abusing the Packers.

Not really. Childress....I dunno about that cat.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cursed when the Vikings drafted him because I had dreams of Favre and Peterson in the same backfield...but then I rejoiced as he was sent to a team that with a coach who has no idea how to use him.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

He can...he just needs to learn to run out of bounds and stop taking uneccesary hits. The Al Harris hit was just unlucky. Clean but unfortunate. The fact that he healed two weeks later and came back is astounding.

The point of the thread is that at least I know one nfl coach understands how to use talent.

Wasn't that Nick Barnett?

I was bummed when he didn't get up. AP is one of my favorite non-Packers. I love to watch him run.

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
longtimefan said:

I was bummed when he didn't get up. AP is one of my favorite non-Packers. I love to watch him run.

Nope it was Harris.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
longtimefan said:

I was at that game, and the whole audience just went completely silent, and when he got up and was helped off the field, all ~73,000 fans applauded. it was really cool to see that this kid and what he brings to the NFL is more important to Packer fans than a rivalry. It really was a touching moment.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Nope it was Harris.

And believe me, there are some Viking fans that hate Harris because of it, even if it was a clean but unfortunate hit. No one wants to see a player of his caliber, or any caliber go down in injury.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
I was at that game, and the whole audience just went completely silent, and when he got up and was helped off the field, all ~73,000 fans applauded. it was really cool to see that this kid and what he brings to the NFL is more important to Packer fans than a rivalry. It really was a touching moment.

I would have been pissed if anyone was rooting for him not to get up. AP is good for the NFL and good for the Packers.

I would rather play a team that's challenging than walking over weak teams. Like I've said before, the way to beat the Vikes is to score often and early, thus forcing them to air it out to catch up. I like playing an opponent that keeps you on your toes, and AP is an excellent measure for how well our D stops the run. If you can stop AP, you can stop anyone on the ground.

I'm glad you posted this Bozz. It shows how classy Packer fans are and it makes me proud to be one.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a great RB, but don't forget that he runs behind the best LG in the NFL with Steve Hutchinson and a man who's blocked for Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson with the likes of Tony Richardson at FB.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a great RB, but don't forget that he runs behind the best LG in the NFL with Steve Hutchinson and a man who's blocked for Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson with the likes of Tony Richardson at FB.
Thats true........but did you see what he did with the pro bowl line blocking for him? He STILL made big plays. I know these guys are the best, but they didn't even have a week to prepare. Alot of the yards AP got were the sweet moves he made on his own.
Dang.......i wish he was a Packer!!! :D

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
bozz_2006 said:
Vikeman said:
longtimefan said:

I was there too, such a great game, but it was shocking to see our game planning enemy in AP go down

He's damn good, that's for sure, and he'll definitely be a problem for us in the future

Reaction score
Reason #54: Coach McCarthy has hair.

Reason #55: Coach McCarthy doesn't look like an evil old dude (Childress resembles Mr. Burns)

Reason #56: Coach McCarthy has a hot daughter? :shrug:

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I really like the guy. I find myself secretly cheering for the Vikings (or at least Peterson) sometimes when they're not playing the packers.

wow, did I just say that? Ban me! =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts