Really starting to dislike James Jones

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutting jones would be completly excesive, not even trying to bring him back would be dumb as well. He still is very good and can get open to make those catches, he is still pretty young and should improve. With DD not getting any younger if they want to keep their passing game as one of the best I feel like he is a guy that can keep it as one of the elite just give him time. With his past month of play he should no longer command the big bucks and keeping him should be very realistic. Going to Jordy more needs to happen as well though haha.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our receivers do drop passes aplenty.

However, Aaron Rodgers hasn't been perfectly accurate on those passes, either. High passes, low passes, throwing them behind the receiver... He needs to improve his accuracy.

James Jones is still better than anyone else's #4, but I'd like to see us draft a big receiver or a burner.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Us packer fans are to spoiled lol, I don't think you guys realize how good James jones is. He gets open on a consistant basis. He will develop just cut him some slack my opinion I think it has something to do with the wr coach not having them focusing properly.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it possible that we could get JerMike back if we advance far enough in the playoffs?

I don't mean to be rude, but is this a serious question? If it is, how did you get the "Reporter" tag without knowing at least some of the basic rules?

When a player goes on Injured Reserve (IR), they are lost for the season. They cannot come back and play for the remainder of that year, which includes the post-season.

So no, it doesn't matter how deep we go in the playoffs. Jermichael Finley, Ryant Grant, Mike Neal and the myriad of others lost on IR are gone for as long as the Packers keep playing. They will not to be able to play next week, in the NFC Championship Game or in the Super Bowl.

The only time an IR'ed player can return to a team is if he's released with an injury settlement. Only then can he return to the team who released him, but even then it's after a period of 10 weeks, and any other team can sign them also. This was the case with Will Blackmon this year.

packerfan1441

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones does good things for this team. I understand he needs to focus more and focus on bringing the ball in, especially the ones that hit him in the hands but people fail to realize sometimes what he does for our offense. He's a big, physical, fast receiver that makes #3 receivers around the league look like a joke. He is the reason Driver and Jennings are able to get free and run down the sidelines and over the middle through man to man coverages. Granted the guy is hot and cold but he's a good down field blocker, and whether he's catching balls or not he often draws safety coverage or corner coverage which leads to Driver getting all the mismatches with Nickel backs and linebackers. We would have a hard time finding another #3 guy that embraces his job like James. Before bashing on him for some drops consider the little un-talked about things that he does to make us such a successful team in the first place.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish the NFL utilized a disabled list instead of forcing them out for the remainder of the season. I understand the potential consequence of players returning too quickly under that scenario, however.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
sign me up on this list, James Jones, has got to go. He's gonna give someone a fricken heart attack. He's not isnaenly fast, he doesnt have NFL hands, he fumbles a lot, he never shows up in the clutch, theres just nothing about him that we cant get more from other players. DO NOT RESIGN HIM FOR A BIG CONTRACT THAT IS A HUGE MISTAKE.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
jj aint gonna get a huge contract, his drop against the Eagles assures me of that. I'm still pissed about it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like him.
He has a great voice for Darth Vader.
And check out A Family Thing with Robert Duvall. A good underrated movie.
And he has good funny cameos in Sneakers and The Naked Gun: The Final Insult.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish the NFL utilized a disabled list instead of forcing them out for the remainder of the season. I understand the potential consequence of players returning too quickly under that scenario, however.
The problem there is that teams would use it as an extended roster. Rather than cut a player making him available for other teams, they would claim a hangnail is keeping him out and just stash him for a few weeks.

When a team will lose a player for the season, you can bet that the guy is injured if put on IR.

SloveniaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that it was big mistake not to catch that long ball, but why he is not given credit...he caught a great ball for TD !!! And it was not an easy catch, very low ball and many receivers would catch that ball to close to ground and make it uncertain. But not James, he made sure with TWO hands that ball can not touch the ground and made a sure catch, and of course before hat got free against good CB.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I read that article too, kind of put it in a different light, he is only human. Though what happens if this is his worst season, if next year he learns from all his mistakes and becomes a great reciever. And I bet on Saturday he will be doing everything he can to make up for it.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
James Jones does good things for this team. I understand he needs to focus more and focus on bringing the ball in, especially the ones that hit him in the hands but people fail to realize sometimes what he does for our offense. He's a big, physical, fast receiver that makes #3 receivers around the league look like a joke. He is the reason Driver and Jennings are able to get free and run down the sidelines and over the middle through man to man coverages. Granted the guy is hot and cold but he's a good down field blocker, and whether he's catching balls or not he often draws safety coverage or corner coverage which leads to Driver getting all the mismatches with Nickel backs and linebackers. We would have a hard time finding another #3 guy that embraces his job like James. Before bashing on him for some drops consider the little un-talked about things that he does to make us such a successful team in the first place.

i agree since he is a legit threat he opens up things for our other guys. do i think he deserves big bucks? no. do i think he should be on the roster? yes. just look at that touchdown catch he got last week. he made sure his hands were under the ball and made a legit catch. yes i know he dropped a big pass but thats why you dont pay him top dollar

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good player, sometimes terrible hands. I think he should talk to Braylon Edwards. Braylon had this same exact problem last year and this year he was great at limiting the drops. Maybe he can loan James Jones a pair of gloves or something.

Members online

Latest posts