1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Really starting to dislike James Jones

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 98Redbird, Dec 26, 2010.

1. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    You mean like Jordy Nelson? I agree, we need to see him more instead of JJ.
    And I completely disagree on your assessment of DD, that guy was grabbing cobwebs and making catches that are amazing. GO look at NFL.com's best catches, the old guy is steady and ready .

2. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    OH, how about Andrew Quarless? Doesn't that fit the bill? He's not there yet but has all the potential. I'm not slamming dude, but if I have to choose between a big body receiver and an OT I'm going with the line, the Packers have had trouble with some opponents lines, we need to have it all right there.
    Detroit should remind you of that.

3. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I think we go OL early, getting the best available. It's unrealistic to think that were going to draft OL at every round. That's why I suggest getting a WR that falls lower because he's a bit slower. We have our speedy guy in Jennings.

Quarless doesn't do it for me yet, and shouldn't do it for anyone yet. I'm not writing him off by any means, but he may have more drops than Jones this year. The only thing is that we'll have Finley back next year, he's big bodied and sure handed.

The thing is, I just like having a big guy out wide, it works for teams. Brandon Marshall, Sidney Rice, Brandon Lloyd, I could go on. These guys make plays when it counts, if the ball is there.

4. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    I hear you, but I think Quarless will come a long ways next year, he's playing on raw ability this year, he'll know the system next year. It will be lightning in a bottle with Quarless and Finley on opposite sides. I still think Jordy Nelson should see more playing time, he's exactly the type of receiver you're talking about, but he's not slow by any stretch of the imagination.
    I totally agree with the concept, I just believe we already have those guys, the offensive coordinator has to play them that way is all.
    Yes, no need for OL each pick, but I'd sure like to see a 1st or 2nd rounder at least. We're not getting it done with multiple late rounders and you have to know Clifton is not gonna last through next year.

5. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +78
    hmmmm have you guys forgot about J-FIN??? we need no recievers we need linemen and quality dbs.

6. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    I think Nelson and Jones need to start putting glue on those gloves......too many fumbles. If there are two things that drive me out of my mind, they're fumbles and dropped passes.

7. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    No, does it seem like I forgot about him? I'm saying we dont' need a tall rangy receiver, I'm all about an OL.
    I don't see the need for a db like you do, Shields was a steal so it allows us to find another piece of the puzzle.
    Everyone obviously wants an outside linebacker to be a compliment to Clay so I'm comfortable going in that direction, but I dont' think it's necessary. You can see how the doubles on Clay let the inside go after the QB, I LOVE how they've done this. No pocket to run out of like Aaron does. I'm okay if they grab one, but omg, they really need another solid tackle, because they are gonna need a year to develop.
    Detroit showed us where the future is, those Dlinemen were monsters, we either match up or shut up.

8. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    Honestly I'd love to draft a new stud receiver, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. Not TT's style. We're pretty deep there right now. It seems more likely that he'd try to get another year out of DD and use JJ and JN more. Our association believes strongly in improving from within before getting help from outside, and that's probably where it'll go. Especially with our needs at O-line and defense, and maybe RB.

9. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77

this, he never seems to be giving it his all. The biggest problem I have with him is the fumbles, if hes not dropping balls, he's fumbling them in key situations.

I would like to see flynn and jones traded in the off season if we can get some draft picks.

10. erik_m_vos

erik_m_vos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't remember which commentator said it, but after the 2007 draft, they were saying that James Jones had the best hands they've seen out of the draft EVER. After hearing that, I had huge hopes for Jones. Then he gets injured. I think he'll be just fine! I'd like to see Jennings, Nelson, Jones and Driver (till he retires) on the roster for a long time. We will be unstoppable in the passing game for years to come

11. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    Finley needs to stay on the field for me to care about him. You can have all the talent and potential in the world but if you're not playing, who cares, you don't do me any good while you're watching from the sideline. His two years as a starter for us he has missed significant time both years with knee issues. The one this year, no one touched him, he just went down. That's worrisome.

12. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Agreed. The guy isn't here and hasn't been a significant part of our team for the last two years. Who cares when you can't count on him?

13. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    His rookie deal expires soon I think too... He damn well better not act like we owe him something and hold out for a "big contract" bc he doesn't deserve one. Not yet.

14. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Agreed. We touched on his attitude in another thread (I forget which), but I do have a concern he's going to do just what you described. He's an arrogant and cocky SOB, so much so that I had to un-follow him on twitter because I couldn't take his self-serving posts anymore.

I would give him an extension, but I wouldn't break the bank for him. Let him hold out if he wants. Quarless and hopefully Crabtree will step up.

15. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    Kind of a rock/hard place situation though. I think he's got the talent/size/attributes to be a PHENOMENAL TE in the league. Up there with V. Davis, Gates, Dallas Clark and Jason Witten so I would hate to let him go and have him blow up into a HOF'er or something. But the dude needs to learn some humility for gods sake. And Rodgers being on his dick 24/7 wasn't helping the situation.

Come to work, do your job. Take care of your body, and chill out in front of the camera. I don't care what he says or how cocky he is on the field and in the locker room, but in front of the camera, take it down about 8 notches...

You figure these guys would learn how things work in GB. How TT works. Show up, be an example, be a leader, produce and you'll be WELL taken care of. Simple.

16. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

17. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    He's been significant when he's been here. But to have missed half of your games in your first two years as a starter (16 of 32) is a question mark. If he's one of those guys that you cannot count on week in and week out then he's no good to the team as far as I'm concerned. In that case I'd rather roll with a slightly less talented guy that can suit up on Sundays.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    "J-FIN"? Really??? WTF! That just sounds retarded.

19. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    YOu hit the nail on the head didn't you? If he's not playing he's not contributing. Excuses all to hell, if you're not on the roster you're not a player.
    I hope next season proves me wrong, cudos to TT for grabbing another talented TE this draft.

20. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    James Jones: the 2010 Jarrett Bush. I'm really starting to hate this guy.

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,097
    He is going to catch one of those these days and win a game

22. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Would have liked to see that to Jennings/Driver/Nelson...you have to wonder if Jones' confidence has been rattled from dropping balls :S

23. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Yeah but do we see it in next 4 years?

24. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    He should be catching all of them. That was literally in his arms/hands. I'm 100% serious when I say I could have caught that.

25. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,097
    But how many times have you seen jennings do the exact same thing?