Real refs are back

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was the plan all along lol. The MNF game is a nonfactor. It was reported long ago the lockout would be resolved after week 3. The byes start week 4 and the NFL wanted to make sure all teams get the same number of games with replacements, and didn't want this to drag out to week 11 or whenever it is that byes end.

Sources?

Reaction score
If you watch preseason football that's what a "source close to the situation" was saying weeks 3 and 4 of preseason.

Reaction score
It would be hard to find that source now though, google is just going to grab news results from the lockout ending. If you want to find it, it's out there.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be hard to find that source now though, google is just going to grab news results from the lockout ending. If you want to find it, it's out there.

...So you can't provide any sources. Congrats, you made my ignore list.

P.S., You know you can filter Google News results by date range, right? The fact that you won't support your assertion with sources show how completely full of **** your earlier post was...

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That's not the way argument works - or the way it should work. The proponent of an idea has the burden of backing up his/her statements. If it's "out there to be found", it's up to you to find it.

Reaction score
Lol did not know this is a theological debate forum.

I don't know how to search google by a date range as he suggested is possible. If it's so easy then one can just search something like "ESPN sources referees lockout" with the date range covering the preseason only. If you explain how it's done I'll get the article and slap it on your desk in dramatic fashion.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol did not know this is a theological debate forum.

I don't know how to search google by a date range as he suggested is possible. If it's so easy then one can just search something like "ESPN sources referees lockout" with the date range covering the preseason only. If you explain how it's done I'll get the article and slap it on your desk in dramatic fashion.

but see if your claiming something to be a fact..It is up to you to find it, not us..

so maybe spend some time to learn how to do the date range

https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl...s=cdr:1,cd_min:7/2/2012,cd_max:8/29/2012&tbm=

I see nothing

Reaction score
So did you not look at the first one that came up? lol.

"The league has apparently predetermined that they're going to keep us locked out until the third or fourth week of the regular season," Arnold told Newsday. "Their strategy has always been lockout. We feel they've had a strategy from the beginning to lock us out."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ined-officials-lockout-referees-attorney-says

Also this one is the quote I was talking about:

"One source estimated that the sides wouldn't resolve their differences until Week 3 of the regular season."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ment-refs-could-be-in-play-week-1-report-says

The NFL's plan was to have it settled before the regular season obviously, but, failing that, they wanted to make sure it was done before the byes started kicking in. That was the absolute last minute in their minds. Ang guess what, the byes are starting this week. The agreement came when it did not because the MNF call was wrong but because this was the last minute to get it in while maintaining competitive balance.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So did you not look at the first one that came up? lol.

"The league has apparently predetermined that they're going to keep us locked out until the third or fourth week of the regular season," Arnold told Newsday. "Their strategy has always been lockout. We feel they've had a strategy from the beginning to lock us out."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ined-officials-lockout-referees-attorney-says

Also this one is the quote I was talking about:

"One source estimated that the sides wouldn't resolve their differences until Week 3 of the regular season."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ment-refs-could-be-in-play-week-1-report-says

The NFL's plan was to have it settled before the regular season obviously, but, failing that, they wanted to make sure it was done before the byes started kicking in. That was the absolute last minute in their minds. Ang guess what, the byes are starting this week. The agreement came when it did not because the MNF call was wrong but because this was the last minute to get it in while maintaining competitive balance.

Nope didnt look at any, I wanted YOU to find it