Ready For Seattle

H

HardRightEdge

I haven't seen a credible source confirming Bulaga is out for tonight's game so far.
Be that as it may, Bulaga did not sound confident of his week 1 prognosis. I will not be surprised at all if he sits this week, maybe next, maybe....

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if bulaga is out i predict some quick-pass plays and a lot of running. jamaal will get 'er don'!

btw....da bears' D look like beast. *puking*

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Montravius Adams DT Inactive
Bryan Bulaga OT Inactive
Quinton Dial DT Inactive
Josh Hawkins CB Inactive
Aaron Jones RB Inactive
Lucas Patrick OG Inactive
Lenzy Pipkins CB Inactive

Isaiah Battle OT Inactive
Delano Hill SS Inactive
J.D. McKissic RB Inactive
Thomas Rawls RB Inactive Thomas Rawls (ankle) is inactive. Eddie Lacy and rookie Chris Carson should lead the backfield.
Jordan Roos OG Inactive
Tedric Thompson FS Inactive
Michael Wilhoite LB Inactive
Frank Clark DE Active
Tyler Lockett WR Active Lockett (knee) is active and should get some looks against GB.
Jarran Reed DT Active
Richard Sherman CB Active

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing they're going to be trying to run to the right and play action boot leg away from Murphy. For all the grief Spriggs got, Murphy wasn't better. Saw him get walked back a lot. Hope it looks different today that's for sure.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's a bit surprising that Hawkins and Jones are inactive.

I figured at least 1 RB would be, maybe Jones is nursing an injury or Mays is looking better or a better matchup? Hawkins is a bit of a surprise, but they are pretty deep (body wise) at CB.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm guessing they're going to be trying to run to the right and play action boot leg away from Murphy. For all the grief Spriggs got, Murphy wasn't better. Saw him get walked back a lot. Hope it looks different today that's for sure.

Murphy didn't perform at a high level during the preseason but in my opinion was significantly better than Spriggs.

I figured at least 1 RB would be, maybe Jones is nursing an injury or Mays is looking better or a better matchup? Hawkins is a bit of a surprise, but they are pretty deep (body wise) at CB.

In my opinion Jones deserved to be ahead of Mays on the depth entering the season. Hawkins played pretty well and it's astonishing Gunter is active ahead of him.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be that as it may, Bulaga did not sound confident of his week 1 prognosis. I will not be surprised at all if he sits this week, maybe next, maybe....
And to think I really loved the Jason Spriggs pick. You should all be grateful I'm not the Packers G.M.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
When is MM going to learn to stop using timeouts on defense before a half, thinking he is going to get the ball back and instead, gives the other team the opportunity to score? *SMH*

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The answer is probably, "never".
Those "free" 3 points we handed them at the end of the half were on my mind the whole second half.

I mean I get it, our defense was playing great and I think the strategy worked last year against the Giants in the playoffs to set up the hail mary to Cobb for the TD, but seems like too many times it fails. Today, we would have gotten the ball back with no timeouts and hardly 10 seconds on the clock. Let the half end MM!

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we got outfoxed when the Seattle defense started to leave the field and MM assumed they were going to run out the clock.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think we got outfoxed when the Seattle defense started to leave the field and MM assumed they were going to run out the clock.

They WERE going to run out the clock, that was obvious. But as it has happened in the past, we stopped the clock twice, they pick up a first down and say to themselves "hey....we can score now and we have 2 timouts". If they are laying down, let them, especially if it only means getting the ball back with 10 seconds and no timeouts.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get it seems like a bad idea now, but in one game against Seattle, he is still crucified for not being aggressive 3 years later. In this game, he's crucified for being too much so. The way the defense was playing, why not force a punt? Maybe you block it? Maybe Trevor Davis actually fields one outside of our own 2 and gets a return? Maybe Rodgers hits a WR on a long pass to the sideline and Crosby lines up and kicks that FG. I'm not going to argue that it didn't backfire and the results were almost as bad as they could have been for us. thankfully we held to a FG after those big plays, but MM was being aggressive and wanting opportunities to score points. he also put faith in his defense that had been playing lights out.

If our defense still keeps looking like this all season, this isn't the last time we'll be debating this. He's going to try and give his team as many chances with the ball as he can. I can't blame him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts