Ready For Seattle

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me it will be extremely tough to concentrate on the game. My sister and brother-in-law made a choice to stay put in Ft. Myers. They would not budge despite all the good advice and pleading that's been given by a multitude of officials, family and friends. She is the caregiver for a quadriplegic that lives in in their neighborhood. She won't abandon him and my brother-in-law won't abandon her. Meanwhile, I'll be pacing the floor. That has already begun in earnest.

If the storm veers to a more Westerly track they may take the dreaded direct hit. Survival would be miraculous. I was just there a few weeks ago and the building in which they plan to take shelter is hardly up to the task no matter what track the storm will take, especially if it's Westerly. If it takes the currently projected Eastern track my cousins and a close friend will take a direct hit -- Miami and Port Orange, respectively -- although as of 36 hours ago they have all given assurances that they will be evacuating in-time.

It's going to be a no-win situation as far as I'm concerned. I'm hoping the game will be somewhat of a distraction for me but I seriously doubt it. :(

Will keep your family in my prayers.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night with Chiefs and Patriots show that ANYTHING can happen, especially in Week 1. We know what our offense is capable of and I believe our defense will be improved this season. I'm going with

Seahawks: 21
Packers: 27

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Last night with Chiefs and Patriots show that ANYTHING can happen, especially in Week 1. We know what our offense is capable of and I believe our defense will be improved this season. I'm going with

Seahawks: 21
Packers: 27

Yup.....this is a whole new season.

I took some joy in reading this, posted by a New England news outlet yesterday before the game:

Prediction

Patriots 31, Chiefs 17

This could potentially get out of hand. The Patriots first-team offense could have scored 30 points in the first half against the Lions in the third preseason game and despite Edelman being out, it’s still arguably the best in the AFC and football. The defense isn’t getting as much credit as it deserves considering it led the league in points allowed last season. There are some questions up front, but as is always the case, Bill Belichick and staff figure things out. Expect the Patriots to go up early and never look back.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's a whole new season and anything is possible? does that mean our D will be good this year? :tup:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

I took some joy in reading this, posted by a New England news outlet yesterday before the game:

Prediction

Patriots 31, Chiefs 17

This could potentially get out of hand. The Patriots first-team offense could have scored 30 points in the first half against the Lions in the third preseason game and despite Edelman being out, it’s still arguably the best in the AFC and football. The defense isn’t getting as much credit as it deserves considering it led the league in points allowed last season. There are some questions up front, but as is always the case, Bill Belichick and staff figure things out. Expect the Patriots to go up early and never look back.

Well, that news outlet got one thing right: Expect the Patriots to go up early...

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Prediction

Patriots 31, Chiefs 17

I would say that's a lesson though in that defense is as critical to success as ever in this league and just as Brady and the offense couldn't get it done with the way their D looked, this is why our unit over here has to step up and make it happen for Rodgers.

But as we learned last year, this is a week to week league and little is often determined in week 1.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I prefer a game like Seattle at Green Bay to start the season, over the one we had last year against the Jags. Sure the Packers held on to get the win in Jacksonville, but then again we were suppose to walk in there and beat up on them and I think the team knew that and didn't play at the level they should have.

The Seahawks game has to have the Packer players motivated to come right out of the gate at their best and hopefully it will set them up with a solid start and confidence heading to Atlanta.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I prefer a game like Seattle at Green Bay to start the season, over the one we had last year against the Jags. Sure the Packers held on to get the win in Jacksonville, but then again we were suppose to walk in there and beat up on them and I think the team knew that and didn't play at the level they should have.

The Seahawks game has to have the Packer players motivated to come right out of the gate at their best and hopefully it will set them up with a solid start and confidence heading to Atlanta.
Yeah. These games were going to have to be played at some point anyway. Might as well come out of the gates with two games that will no doubt have a playoff like feel to them. Set the tone for the season early.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agreed. Although you just never know how teams are going to be this early in the season, but really no team on our schedule after the Cowboys game (10/8), really has me too worried. Maybe with the one exception, @ Pittsburgh on 11/26.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I feel worse than ever about this game now. :mad: Bayless is the biggest jinx ever. And he hates Rodgers.

It's a win-win proposition for him to pick the Packers. If the Packers win, then he gets to brag about his prediction coming true. If the Packers lose, he gets to say how Aaron Rodgers blew it and it's a game that he should have won. Feeds right into his Rodgers hating progaganda.

Bastard.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Crazy I actually heard a lot of concern over that game and while Vegas (who know nothing about football and need to shut up as far as I'm concerned) probably had us the prohibitive favorite, there seemed to be a lot of talk that the Jags would give us trouble. Jacksonville though is not a familiar opponent and not one that we would see a lot of film on per se. Seattle is a team we know quite well from having played them now for the past 3 years in a row, and 4 of the last 5 years, so the familiarity and "getting up to play" factor is here this time.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel worse than ever about this game now. :mad: Bayless is the biggest jinx ever. And he hates Rodgers.

It's a win-win proposition for him to pick the Packers. If the Packers win, then he gets to brag about his prediction coming true. If the Packers lose, he gets to say how Aaron Rodgers blew it and it's a game that he should have won. Feeds right into his Rodgers hating progaganda.

Bastard.

Ugh this is one thing that drives me nuts about this forum. Too many people here give this guy attention that he doesn't deserve. I would seriously like to know why people take anything a guy who is paid to act says seriously.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Ugh this is one thing that drives me nuts about this forum. Too many people here give this guy attention that he doesn't deserve. I would seriously like to know why people take anything a guy who is paid to act says seriously.
Everyone knows who Skip Bayless is and what he does, and given that I highly doubt Skip Bayless reads a Green Bay Packers fan forum, I don't see how he's getting any attention. Hell most media members are paid to act, honestly.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Everyone knows who Skip Bayless is and what he does, and given that I highly doubt Skip Bayless reads a Green Bay Packers fan forum, I don't see how he's getting any attention. Hell most media members are paid to act, honestly.

Yeah......but Spit ****lickless's dad is most likely here and I bet he isn't liking what he is reading. :whistling:

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have ruled out Montravius Adams for Sunday's game vs. Seattle with Bryan Bulaga being listed as questionable.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 24-16 over Seattle

Packers will abuse Russell early and often. Seattle OL has some issues with their 2 best players being around average. None of their starters would start for the Packers. Russell is in great shape, but he slimmed down to 205 this year. I know he is mobile, but he is not going to be able to withstand a full season with the combination of a bad line and a small frame. Last few meetings the Packers focused on hitting Russell, and I look for the same. I recall one of the first handoffs Russell did in a game 2 years ago. It was a fake play-action. CM3 drilled him solidly just as he was easing up from faking like he still had the ball. The Seahawks did not run any more fake play-actions. Look for the Packers to send someone after Russell pretty much every play a MLB, Safety or a CB. A couple of hits and the Hawks will be forced to keep a RB or a TE or both in for protection - which helps coverage. I have heard Lacy has not looked good, Rawls will probably see a lot of work. The DL for the Packers looks quite different from last year and will be tougher to run against. I expect to see the Nitro package most of the game with Barnett in as a MLB shadowing Russell and Brice playing as the safety. Hope to see Josh Jones getting in some snaps as a MLB and seeing what he can do. As a rookie, though, Capers will favor his wiley veteran against Russell. Getting to Russell will result in a couple of picks as he gets careless at times.

Seahawk defense is still elite but could show some signs of aging. DL could be scary good. Sherman was picked on in a few games last season, and the Seahawks shopped him around for a trade. Good chance he is on the downside of his career, the Packers should challenge him with a little speed. Get Davis out there against him later in the game. The Packers should go to a fast pace offense and try to wear the defense down. Start with mid-range passes. Switch out all those RBs and keep them fresh. I only trust Williams pass blocking, so keep with the short/quick passes while he is out. Give AR the option of the quick pass or if it looks like there is more pocket time, some longer range options. I want AR to do more fake passes to alter coverage. Seahawks are always good at swarming to the receiver, I see them peel off their coverage early. A perfectly timed curl and go by Jordy as Adams does a shorter seam route with the fake.

Anyway, here's the tale of the tape:

AR: 28 of 38/290/2/0
WRs: Bennett 6/90/1, Cobb 4/60/1, Nelson 4/45/0, Adams 5/50/0, Davis 2/40/0, Kendricks 3/60/0, RBs 4/35/0
Rush: Montgommery 8/50/1; Williams 12/36/0; Jones 4/16

Sacks: CM3, Brooks, Daniels, Hawkins.
Picks: HaHa and Rollins

Clay is going to look better than many here are expecting
Brooks will have an impact and will be a major talking point on Monday

D

Deleted member 6794

Seahawk defense is still elite but could show some signs of aging. DL could be scary good. Sherman was picked on in a few games last season, and the Seahawks shopped him around for a trade. Good chance he is on the downside of his career, the Packers should challenge him with a little speed.

I believe it's way too early to assume Sherman is on the downside of his career. He hasn't allowed 100 or more yards in coverage in a game since week 4 of the 2012 season, a streak of 88 consecutive games.

Members online

Latest posts