Ready For Seattle

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we still have one more preseason game left, but it's pretty much just to see who on the bubble (if that anymore) is going to be making this team or practice squad. And even if there still is 11 days left, that's close enough that I think discussion about our season opener can start already.

Even though it's only week 1 where many games are won and lost without any huge significance in the long run, you just can't help but feel this game could be a pretty big indication of where the morale is about this season on both teams. Both come in having their seasons ended by the Atlanta Falcons and each have some areas they need to have improved by season's end. For Seattle, they can't afford to have a broken down O-line for Wilson anymore if they're going to go far. For us ... it's all about the defensive secondary and a 2nd back to emerge to spell off Montgomery.

For us, I think it's important to get on a fast track starting with a win here because while I don't doubt we got 10 wins or more in store, I'd really like to see us capture a 1-Seed and bring the playoffs completely home to Lambeau. For Seattle, they're at risk of losing the division to the resurging Arizona Cardinals and can't afford to start out behind them.

What to keep an eye on: Just how in shape will Lacy be for them? One can't help but think that guy wants to come in with something to prove, but how much work has he put in to do it? And on offense, we whooped em pretty good in our last meeting in part yes because Wilson threw those picks, but also because Earl Thomas was out and Davante Adams wreaked havoc on the backups. This game they will have all hands on deck as will we.

In the end, I think we'll beat them again but I expect this game to be a lot closer than 38-10.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see this offense come out red hot. AR12 has been preaching that they want to find the identity of the offense early, so I wouldn't be surprised if we put up some nice numbers.

Lacy also hasn't looked good in the preseason games at all, he might not even be RB1.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see this offense come out red hot. AR12 has been preaching that they want to find the identity of the offense early, so I wouldn't be surprised if we put up some nice numbers.

Lacy also hasn't looked good in the preseason games at all, he might not even be RB1.

Ahh yeah I hadn't really been paying any attention to our west coast friends preseason games. Man ... you'd think he'd learn from his old buddy Trent Richardson what happens when you don't work out. Oh well, that's Pete Caroll's loss, he should know ole Eddie isn't beast mode.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think playing against jacksonville was not going to test these guys so their lack of intensity and drive was not there. they could have played mediocre and still would have won. which was probably the case with their lackluster performance the first game in 2016. This game will test them so hopefully they do go out there and show them who's boss. It would be good to see some domination in this game with the O and D in sync. getting tired of seeing the lopsided performance.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

According to a Pete Dougherty, he's really not doing well.

"I read last week that he's not doing well out there, maybe even in danger of getting cut because at least a couple other guys are ahead of him. So he might not even play much in that game, assuming he's on the team. But yes, I'm sure they've already talked to him about their scheme and personnel, etc."

http://live.packersnews.com/Event/Packers_chat_with_Pete_Dougherty_26?Page=1

D

Deleted member 6794

Even though it's only week 1 where many games are won and lost without any huge significance in the long run, you just can't help but feel this game could be a pretty big indication of where the morale is about this season on both teams.

With the NFL regular season only featuring 16 games every single one of them has significance in the long run. Just remember that the Packers losing the opener in 2014 at Seattle resulted in the NFCCG that year being played at Century Link Field.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Lacy is done as a featured back. He still has serviceable value though and can be used effectively in certain situations. Procise can't stay healthy and never has been able too. Seahawks have already lost there starting LT for the season so anything but a win at home September 10th is unacceptable.

The RB that is stealing the show over there is there 7th round pick "Carson".

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy is done as a featured back. He still has serviceable value though and can be used effectively in certain situations. Procise can't stay healthy and never has been able too. Seahawks have already lost there starting LT for the season so anything but a win at home September 10th is unacceptable.

The RB that is stealing the show over there is there 7th round pick "Carson".

So Wilson could be running around for his life back there then.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy will eventually be allowed to balloon up and be a short yardage / red zone battering ram. That will be his legacy IMO.

Seattle plays tough defense still. Let's not forget that while we've beaten them the past two seasons, they were missing Chancellor in 2015 because of his holdout. Last year, Earl Thomas broke his leg just before we played them. I'm certainly not making excuses, but those guys are the heavy hitters in their legion of boom defense. I think that we've upgraded our offense significantly, but we do tend to start slow and they are finally back to full health. I still don't believe in their offense or necessarily our defense, so it should be a good game. Everyone always wants to see an even match that comes down to the end, and on paper, this fits the bill.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy will eventually be allowed to balloon up and be a short yardage / red zone battering ram. That will be his legacy IMO.

Seattle plays tough defense still. Let's not forget that while we've beaten them the past two seasons, they were missing Chancellor in 2015 because of his holdout. Last year, Earl Thomas broke his leg just before we played them. I'm certainly not making excuses, but those guys are the heavy hitters in their legion of boom defense. I think that we've upgraded our offense significantly, but we do tend to start slow and they are finally back to full health. I still don't believe in their offense or necessarily our defense, so it should be a good game. Everyone always wants to see an even match that comes down to the end, and on paper, this fits the bill.

That is of course assuming RW doesn't throw 5 picks again lol.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

There defense still has talent but Thomas is coming off significant injury so might take some time for him to be factor once again. There big top draft pick "Malik Mcdowell" never even made it to training camp. There pushing Frank Clark back on field from recent injury as well.

The secondary will have a rookie starting "Shaquille Griffin" at corner who I like but he is going from Central Florida to Lambeau Field and Aaron Rodgers so well see how that works out. There Nickle corner Jeremy Lane has regressed. They will also be starting someone new at one of there LB spots "Wilhoite".

I will be at this game and I am expecting a big win here. I just don't see Seahawks being able to keep up with us. There starting Luke Joeckel at LG after all.

D

Deleted member 6794

There defense still has talent but Thomas is coming off significant injury so might take some time for him to be factor once again. There big top draft pick "Malik Mcdowell" never even made it to training camp. There pushing Frank Clark back on field from recent injury as well.

The secondary will have a rookie starting "Shaquille Griffin" at corner who I like but he is going from Central Florida to Lambeau Field and Aaron Rodgers so well see how that works out. There Nickle corner Jeremy Lane has regressed. They will also be starting someone new at one of there LB spots "Wilhoite".

I fully expect the Seahawks defense to be one of the best in the league again this season. Of course you have been speculating about their demise for several years running.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

I clearly underrated them during there Super Bowl run but that doesn't mean there still elite. I still do have them as a top 10 defense.

Looks like a "fire sale" in Seattle

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ex-collins-reportedly-on-seahawks-trade-block

The Seahawks defense led the league in points allowed every single season from 2012-15 and finished in third last season. In my opinion there's no reason to believe the team won't feature an elite unit in '17 once again.

As a side note I still expect the Packers to win the season opener though.

golfman33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be a very big opening test for us. There is no team I hate losing to more than the Seahags. Usually, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the first game, but this could have homefield/playoff implications down the road. Sounds like we should be fairly healthy heading into the game. I'm looking forward to seeing if our defense will hold up against a decent offense when the games start to count.

I think it will and believe Rodgers and company will be basically unstoppable this year.

31-17 Packers

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched EVERY Seattle pre season game this far as well as ours. Their defense will be fierce as usual...they've added some speed to the wr position and depth at RB. But imo Rawls will be the starter against us. But I feel like Lacy will eventually take the job although he's started slow out the gates.

D

Deleted member 6794

Usually, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the first game, but this could have homefield/playoff implications down the road.

I'm surprised at how many fans are ready to not put a lot of importance into the first of only 16 regular season games.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised at how many fans are ready to not put a lot of importance into the first of only 16 regular season games.

I think what some mean to say is you sometimes can't gauge the trajectory of a team based on what they look like in the opening weeks such as our 2015 season. But I don't think it's meant to minimize the importance of those games.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets just all agree it's better to beat your first opponent who is favored to make the playoffs than beat someone like Jags.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Lets just all agree it's better to beat your first opponent who is favored to make the playoffs than beat someone like Jags.
A win is a win, especially in the NFL where you only get 16 games to position yourself for playoff seeding.

But I do understand your point that beating a playoff contender helps even more in terms of playoff seeding than it does beating a non conference opponent (tie breakers, conference record, etc.)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's a must win as far as I'm concerned. I don't want Seattle owning any tie-breaker over us come playoff time.

Members online

Latest posts