1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ready for prom from hell!!!!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by 4packgirl, Mar 27, 2006.

1. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    WARNING GUYS!!! this may be considered a bit of a girlie thread!!

me go to prom at my age, you might ask?? heck yeah! one of our local bars (the buffalo inn aka the buff - hence their slogan "it's always better in the buff") puts on prom from hell each year. all of us "old" people get out our good duds from back in the old days, dress up, & have a prom. we just pick a decade that we like & dress like they would in those days. i've got my hot pink poodle skirt, black crinoline, & black cardigan sweater (thanks to ebay) all ready for our blast back to the 50's!! last year i wore a prom dress from the 80's (when i was in high school) & had a total blast!! anybody else ever hear of doing anything like this??

p.s. I TOLD YOU GUYS - IT'S A GIRLIE THREAD!!!!! :wink: :lol: 8)

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    High School in the 80's huh... :p

I have heard of people doing it. In fact my wife talks about wearing her wedding dress out with a bunch of other girls sometime, just for another wearing.

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    the question is, do the guys get lucky and do the girls get severly dissapointed like at a real prom? :lol:

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think this is a cool idea!!! I would go in a heartbeat. Seems like all the clothes I wore in the 80's are coming back in style now..wished I would have kept some of them.

We usually dont go out to bars, and if we would go it would be to karaoke we love to do that...infact we have the entire setup (which wasnt cheap) in our livingroom. We aren't to shabby either. LOL..

If someone would have prom night here I wouldnt hesitate to go, would be a blast thats for sure. Have a great time packgirl...:)

5. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently there isn't anything better to do in illinois. Isn't Chicago somewhere nearby? I'm sorry, it just sounds like something one of the bars would do where I grew up in Wyoming. It was alot of fun until I moved somewhere that actually had stuff to do.

6. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it sounds like fun. Wish someone around here would do that. Have a wonderful time.

7. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    nope big3 - chitown is a couple hours away. yes, i live in podunkville with a bunch of fellow hicks!! it really is alot of fun though! i also lived in a much larger city for a few years & it was a HUGE adjustment back to hickville but i made it & have never regretted it. farm livin is the life for me!! :D

8. BACKIN-PACKIN

BACKIN-PACKIN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packgirl, you'da made a good coffee klatch girl of the early sixties.

9. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    roflmao!!! the girlie girl side of me agrees but the tomboy side says give me a freakin break, dude!!...LOL!!!

10. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    My breasts grew two sizes from reading this thread.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    TWO sizes??? So......your a 44dd now??? LOLOL!!! :lol:

Now.........i never went to my prom. I was a "pocket protector" wearing NERD! If i even got CLOSE to a girl i would shake so bad, i looked like a tuning fork!!! :lol: