RB waiver wire?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We know we just signed The Entertainer.
But still tonight all we have are 3 guys dressing: Cooper, Tyler, Alex Green, and who knows how long they'll last.

Thinking ahead, in case the rash of RB injuries continue, who else (might) be out there?

Obviously Ryan Grant is.
Who else?

Is Joseph Addai available?

Jerious Norwood?
Cadillac Williams?

Anyone else? There had to be some decent RB prospects go undrafted this year as there always are.

San Fran might have to cut a decent one I believe.... anyone have any other names to throw out there?
Carolina usually has a bunch of good RBs. Where's Tyrell Sutton nowadays?
What about Brandon Jackson in Cleveland? Will we see him tonight? Will he make their team?

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word around Eagles camp is that Chris Polk may be getting cut, despite doing pretty well in camp. He has LeSean McCoy and Dion Lewis in front of him, and he and fellow rookie Bryce Brown are battling it out for 3rd on the depth chart. Polk is a very good blocker and a pretty good receiver out of the backfield so he would fit in perfectly in Green Bay.

As you mentioned, San Fran might be cutting someone good. Their top 4 running backs are Frank Gore, Brandon Jacobs, Kendall Hunter, and Lamichael James. Like MiamiBeachPacker said, Dixon is probably out, but I'm not a big fan of him. If Kendall Hunter or Lamichael James gets cut, they would both fit in really well in Green Bay as well. Both are good receivers and I think that Hunter might also be a pretty good blocker. My guess is that they'll keep all four of them, though.

I'll throw out Jeff Demps name, too. He played kind of a hybrid RB/WR role as well as being their kick returner at Florida, but he didn't participate in any of the predraft events like the combine so that he could focus on trying to make the Olympic team as a sprinter. He succeeded and won a silver medal as part of the 4 x 100 relay team. Now he wants to get back into football. His agent is saying that he's pretty close to signing with a team..

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll throw out Jeff Demps name, too. He played kind of a hybrid RB/WR role as well as being their kick returner at Florida, but he didn't participate in any of the predraft events like the combine so that he could focus on trying to make the Olympic team as a sprinter. He succeeded and won a silver medal as part of the 4 x 100 relay team. Now he wants to get back into football. His agent is saying that he's pretty close to signing with a team..

Heads up just going to go off on a track rant in my response, there is nothing about the Packers.

Demps was only on the prelim 4x1 team. When the full A team was put together for the medal round he was cut off the team in favor of Tyson Gay. He actually was a part of the American record 4x1 for a day until it was broken the next day by the full strength American team (not sure if I would like that or hate it). This was no surprise as the track at London was too hard and made the sprints and mid-d times faster than usual and beat up on the distance runners. It was like right field in the new Yankee Stadium, great for homeruns (sprints), which the casual viewers want, but awful for good pitching (distance), which is not as flashy.

I wish Demps would stick to track, this football thing is ruining what would have been a great sprinting career. Demps ran 10.02 for the 100 in high school, which is just unfair. If he focused full time on sprinting he could be something special, probably would have been a medal favorite in this years 100. Oh well just my opinion on USA Track and Field, thanks for reading haha.

Reaction score
Ryan Grant would be the most likely now... Remember, he won't have to learn a new playbook which every team loves.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the Sutton idea. But if Benson can keep it clean I actually don't oppose it. Realistically none of the RB's will get be a workhorse and Benson's reliability in the past few seasons is refreshing given how fragile Starks and Green (by default) seem. I would love Saine to get some action it is a shame he is hurt.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Grant took a pay cut last year. His agent couldn't come to an agreement with the Pack this year. He was looked at by the Patriots; they didn't sign him. He was looked at by the Lions; they didn't sign him. Something is up.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way this OL runb-blocks, it doesn't matter who the RB is.
I felt bad for Mark Tyler tonight. Again.
No wonder why all the RB's get injured here. They always have a wall of defensive guys before the line of scrimmage.

Anthony Dixon has nice size for the job.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I love the Sutton idea. But if Benson can keep it clean I actually don't oppose it. Realistically none of the RB's will get be a workhorse and Benson's reliability in the past few seasons is refreshing given how fragile Starks and Green (by default) seem. I would love Saine to get some action it is a shame he is hurt.

You from Hershey, eh? Graduate of Lower Dauphin myself.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Born and raised in NJ actually, went to college at UMaine and now working out here. Not bad, nice place actually. Just not like NJ/NYC like I was used to.

Welcome to the area. It is a nice place to live. I had to live away from here for about 15 years or so. Really missed it so I got relocated back in this area.

We've cranked out a few NFL guys from these parts. Watched one of them play for Atlanta last night.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Word around Eagles camp is that Chris Polk may be getting cut, despite doing pretty well in camp. He has LeSean McCoy and Dion Lewis in front of him, and he and fellow rookie Bryce Brown are battling it out for 3rd on the depth chart. Polk is a very good blocker and a pretty good receiver out of the backfield so he would fit in perfectly in Green Bay.

As you mentioned, San Fran might be cutting someone good. Their top 4 running backs are Frank Gore, Brandon Jacobs, Kendall Hunter, and Lamichael James. Like MiamiBeachPacker said, Dixon is probably out, but I'm not a big fan of him. If Kendall Hunter or Lamichael James gets cut, they would both fit in really well in Green Bay as well. Both are good receivers and I think that Hunter might also be a pretty good blocker. My guess is that they'll keep all four of them, though.

Isn't Polk that rb that came out of high school as the #1 prospect in the nation?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd go with Dixon if we can get him. The problem is we are hardly going to be the only team in the market for him or even Polk if the Eagles decide to cut him. I think the most sensible solution would be Grant but Dixon would be a good addition. I wouldn't expect to see too much of a running game from us or you'll be disappoint. We don't run the ball that much so signing another RB at this point might not happen.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tauren Poole, the RB for the panthers could be had for a very low pick
Teddy isn't going to trade a pick for a RB. Like Benson, he will sign someone who is not on a roster.... and that is if a few of these guys (Starks, Saine, etc.) are unable to come back.

I think with Cedric, as long as there aren't more injuries, we shouldn't need another guy. But for sure Teddy isn't gonna cough up a draft pick for more depth at this position.

Where's Tyrell Sutton?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teddy isn't going to trade a pick for a RB. Like Benson, he will sign someone who is not on a roster.... and that is if a few of these guys (Starks, Saine, etc.) are unable to come back.

I think with Cedric, as long as there aren't more injuries, we shouldn't need another guy. But for sure Teddy isn't gonna cough up a draft pick for more depth at this position.

Where's Tyrell Sutton?

I wouldnt but I think he is going to be the best option at some point.

He did trade for Grant so its not completely impossible.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget we already have developmental RBs in camp right now. Why the sudden urgency? We have Cobb, Saine, Green... as well as Starks. These are guys who might be a little further along I'm not even including recent acquisitions (Tyler and Cooper). I think we should see what we already have before we make a move on a RB.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Polk that rb that came out of high school as the #1 prospect in the nation?
No it was Bryce Brown, not Polk. Scout.com had Polk rated as the #9 RB in 2008. He had a stellar college career, but went undrafted due to injury concerns. Apparently at the combine he was diagnosed with a degenerative shoulder condition or something.

The other RB on the eagles, Bryce Brown, was #1 overall in 2009. He verbally committed to Miami, then decided he was going to stretch out his decision and took until a month after signing day to officially commit to Tennessee. He rushed for about 460 yards as a backup to Montario Hardesty as a freshman, then decided he didn't want to play for Tennessee anymore. He didn't show up for spring practice and decided to transfer to Kansas State to join his brother. After sitting out a year due to the NCAA transfer rules, he was named to the All-Big 12 Preseason list. He had 3 carries for 16 yards in the season opener, and then quit the team. He declared for the NFL draft, despite having two years of eligibility left and the Eagles selected him in the 7th round.

Members online

Latest posts