RB Situation

IGHPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We NEEEEEEEDDDD an O-line!!

No back is going to look good behind this unit. After the season, there needs to be serious fdiscussion about the ZBS, and whether or not we can afford to keep it. Bottom line, there are more limemen who are proficient at the power gap scheme, than the ZBS, and we need to consider going back to that.

I not only agree but I brought this up 3 weeks ago and all I heard was a NO.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

No back is going to look good behind this unit. After the season, there needs to be serious fdiscussion about the ZBS, and whether or not we can afford to keep it. Bottom line, there are more limemen who are proficient at the power gap scheme, than the ZBS, and we need to consider going back to that.

I not only agree but I brought this up 3 weeks ago and all I heard was a NO.

Bumping this thread because tomorrow night is a measure of reality.

If we can't run against the Broncos...

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree about the zone blocking scheme i dont know why we ever went to it, seems to me we were running very well with power running game for about three decades before the zone came into being

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zone blocking is supposed to be the better method for smaller more agile O-linemen, which is what we had/have. When it works, it works well, however, when you miss, your guy is running free.

I do agree that our lacking running game is due to poor blocking, NOT the RB.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think the biggest personnel issue is the OL, none of the linemen seem to have caught on to the nuances of the system, and the 2 tackles seem to be ill fitted to this type of scheme. That is not to say that we do not need an upgrade at RB as well, but I believe the majority of the problems start up front.

It is too late in the game to scrap a system for the remainder of this year, but a decision does need to be made going forward and either personnel must change or the scheme must change.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we got our 100 yard rusher. I didn't know it would be Grant. I was under the impression Wynn was starting. I missed the first quarter. Was stuck at work. Did Wynn get injured?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he was hurt. A shoulder or something. Grant looked pretty good though, didn't he? the guy is strong!!!

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Gado should not have been traded off, he was our best shot for a running game... Wynn is doing decent but nothing spectacular. hopefully he either steps up or we get a power runner in there.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Gado should not have been traded off, he was our best shot for a running game... Wynn is doing decent but nothing spectacular. hopefully he either steps up or we get a power runner in there.

We traded Gado because he didn't fit the ZBS, if I remember correctly.