RB Christine Michael has re-signed with the Packers

D

Deleted member 6794

As mentioned in another thread I'm fine with the Packers allowing Michael to compete for a roster spot this offseason. Hopefully the contract doesn't include any guarantees.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't do much for me. Lots of energy and enthusiasm, but it seems like wild energy, not focused drive.

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't do much for me. Lots of energy and enthusiasm, but it seems like wild energy, not focused drive.
He's clearly talented but seems dumb. Hopefully training camp and an offseason of studying the playbook helps him out.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's no horse but the kid can play. If they can bridle him a touch I think he could really help next year. Whole off-season in our program will help too. There aren't Michael's growing on trees so I'm glad he's being retained. I'm sure it's fairly incentive laden.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh. Like Wimm said I'm fine if he gets a chance to compete as long as it doesn't preclude our getting someone else as well which I'm sure it won't.

Mondio hit the nail on the head as far as I am concerned. IF he can get focused he could be a threat but if he remains the way he has been thus far in his career he's nothing more than JAG.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm fine with this assuming the price is as low as I think it is.

I see the Packers picking a RB in the 3rd round (or possibly earlier) to be their primary running back though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big fan of this as he is extremely talented yet like many have said he's quite wild & wreckless it seems.

Being with us during training camp and more this year may change. I could see him remaining a 5-9 carry a game dude....or explode into our primary.

Expect the price was good. Anyone hear anything if Bell is thinking of signing too? Starting OL that visited same days as Christine according to sources.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's clearly talented but seems dumb. Hopefully training camp and an offseason of studying the playbook helps him out.

Maybe that's an advantage, Christine Michael's dumbness will hinder the ability of of LBs to key on the offense.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best description I've seen of him is he is like a balloon that is blown up and you release it. Fast, fun to watch, but you really have no idea where it is going nor does the balloon.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He hit the hole in Chicago and took it to the house and everyone was on his jock. Now he's too dumb and lousy haha. Y'all crack me up.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather re-sign james starks but I'm not mad. Would love to see Michael grow more familiar with the playbook and compete with Ty and whoever we (hopefully) draft at RB this offseason

Reaction score
I like his contract is minuscule so the risk is low.
What I appreciate is..while this is not a **** resigning, it allows us to focus on other priorities without losing huge production at a position of concern. Unless,of course, an intriguing RB slides a round or 2 and we get a steal then we should be able to go after a D backfield guy, a D Lineman or LB towards the top of the draft.

Last edited:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice, now draft samaje perine in the mid to late rounds to be our workhorse power back and have Michael and Monty spell him and change of pace and we're set.

H

HardRightEdge

He hit the hole in Chicago and took it to the house and everyone was on his jock. Now he's too dumb and lousy haha. Y'all crack me up.
You take out the 42 yd. run, and you've got 30 carries, 72 yds., no TDs, 2.4 yd. average.

That sums it up in a nutshell. If he happens to be running where the hole happens to be, you might get that random long gainer provided there isn't a safety to dive in front of. He's very fast. You might get a couple of those a season with enough carries. The rest of the time you're playing from second and long because he lacks vision and instincts. His only elusiveness at the second level is in his straight line speed. If he doesn't just run by 'em he won't get by 'em at all.

Did I mention he's very fast? :tup:

He'll be close to, if not exactly at, minimum pay. He could still be the third best RB in camp the way things are going. He's a career emergency back.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Help me out with my memory here. Didn't Michael make some sort of special teams blunder, either in a playoff game or later in the season? Anyone remember what that was, or maybe my memory is faulty? I know he fumbled in the Atlanta game (not on special teams), that's not what I'm talking about.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would rather re-sign james starks but I'm not mad.

Starks is done, there was absolutely no reason ti hold on to him for next season.

Help me out with my memory here. Didn't Michael make some sort of special teams blunder, either in a playoff game or later in the season? Anyone remember what that was, or maybe my memory is faulty? I know he fumbled in the Atlanta game (not on special teams), that's not what I'm talking about.

Michael muffed a kickoff in the playoff game at Dallas and after recovering the ball tried to run it back instead of kneeling down in the end zone for a touchback but was stopped at the Packers six yard line.

He didn't fumble in the NFCCG at Atlanta though. It was Ripkowski putting the ball on the ground.

Schmidi23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming a reasonable price, I like this signing very much. He runs with passion and gives everything in every single run. A whole offseason & training camp, studying the playbook should do the trick.

While with the seahawks he recorded 117 runs with 4.0 YPC and 6 TDs while also receiving 20 passes for 4.9 avg.

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So pick No. 61 of 2013 draft by Packers, Eddie Lacy, now with Seahawks, and pick No. 62 by Seahawks, Michael, stays with Packers.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Michael. He is really fast and really exuberant. What I hate are stats. Our O line has not been very good at run blocking and many of his carries had nowhere to go. Personally I would rather see a new O line coach. I wish Campen would find a college job. He was not that good of a player either.

D

Deleted member 6794

I like Michael. He is really fast and really exuberant. What I hate are stats. Our O line has not been very good at run blocking and many of his carries had nowhere to go. Personally I would rather see a new O line coach. I wish Campen would find a college job. He was not that good of a player either.

Campen has molded a dominant pass blocking offensive line mostly out of mid round picks to undrafted free agents. While the unit is average at best blocking for the run they do an excellent job protecting the franchise quarterback.

There's no reason to bring in a different OL coach.

Last edited by a moderator:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually agree with you Wimm. I just don't like that he does not seem able to teach run blocking.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts