RB Aaron Jones has been suspended for the first two games of the 2018 season

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you'll see improvment on that 3.6 number and I don't think you'd see Jones putting up anything like 5.5 under a heavy workload, let alone survive it.
With Rodgers/Graham/Lewis. And the effect they will have on the offense.
I think Jones could add to his ypc average with the defense preoccupied with #12, and Graham Basicly being a unstoppable combo. and Lewis out there blocking like a 6th olineman. It sure seems that he should have better looks. If he is able to run like he did last year, ,he should be a star...

Monty should start until Jones comes back from suspension. But knowing McCarthy, he will most likely take his 3.5 ypc with Williams.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Had Jones avoided suspension, my prediction was that Jones and Williams were going to split the majority of the carries, with Jones getting the larger share. That would leave Montgomery as the primary backup who could also see the field in two back packages, providing the flexibility to move into the slot.

I still think we might end up there, but now I would expect a similar situation with Jones' role being replaced by Montgomery.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think Jones could add to his ypc average with the defense preoccupied with #12, and Graham Basicly being a unstoppable combo. and Lewis out there blocking like a 6th olineman. It sure seems that he should have better looks. If he is able to run like he did last year, ,he should be a star...

Monty should start until Jones comes back from suspension. But knowing McCarthy, he will most likely take his 3.5 ypc with Williams.

The Packers running backs will definitely not face a lot of loaded boxes with Rodgers being back. That doesn't mean they will have huge success as that hasn't helped in past seasons either.

Graham hopefully will present #12 with another weapon in the passing game but don't expect him to excel blocking for the run by any means.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I’m really high on Jones, and I do think that Lewis will bring better auxiliary blocking than we’ve seen in some time, but I don’t think there’s any way he actually improves on a 5.5 YPC. But if he can stay around 5 on an increased workload, that’s fantastic.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little disappointed in him. Why do these guys think that they can get away with it? If you're gonna smoke weed, Don't do something dumb like speed. :mad:

I like the kid and agree with Mondio that he will be fine when he returns, but that was just dumb.

Although Montgomery is getting better he just can't stay healthy so I think the RB's will end up being Williams and Jones. I am kinda curious if Mayes with show any improvement. Then things could get really interesting.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect Mays to show some improvement. All he needs to do for that to happen is to hold on to the ball at least once ;)

Every time I think about Mays my mind flashes back to the fact that Corey Clement went undrafted.

What could have been.....

D

Deleted member 6794

Every time I think about Mays my mind flashes back to the fact that Corey Clement went undrafted.

What could have been.....

Although Clement didn't put up huge numbers it seems he would have definitely been a better choice than Mays.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts