Rayner to handle all kicking tomorrow

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packersnews.com:

Rayner will handle all the Packers' kicking in Saturday's preseason game against Atlanta and the following week at Cincinnati, and perhaps in the preseason finale against Tennessee. It will mark the first time in his short career he's handled all of a team's kicking duties.

------------------
This is the real test for this young man(yes, he is YOUNG). He is pretty solid on kickoffs and average(at best) at overall FG kicking (through camp,scrimmage,preseason) and this is the real test, and it excites me. This is GBs way of saying "you're our man" and if he does well, keep it going, if he fails horribly, I have Edingers number for TT.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that he'll probably handle all the kicking throughout the rest of TC. That is unless they add the another kicker to the roster.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
homina, homina, homina!!! i'll be drinking heavily prior to, during, & i'm guessing AFTER the game - who's wit me?? :)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
damn mods and their thread hijacking. worse than the regular ******** who post here (aka me)

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
tromadz said:

my attempt to hijack this thread and turn it into a Quantum Leap discussion has failed miserably. :cry:

Actually, it's somewhat appropo considering the fact that it would take a quantum leap for Rayner to be anywhere the kicker Longwell was with Green Bay during his career.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
arrowgargantuan said:
tromadz said:

my attempt to hijack this thread and turn it into a Quantum Leap discussion has failed miserably. :cry:

Actually, it's somewhat appropo considering the fact that it would take a quantum leap for Rayner to be anywhere the kicker Longwell was with Green Bay during his career.

hahahahahaha....excellent!

although. i would have opted for " for Rayner to be a starter on an NFL team."

still, kudos to you sir..

"Oh Boy..."

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cundiff was cut friday so Rayner will not only handle kicks today but the season

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cyoung said:
Cundiff was cut friday so Rayner will not only handle kicks today but the season

From what I've read. He's going to have the second game and third game to prove himself and if he doesn't the Packers will then sign someone else. I presume Paul Edinger if he is available.

The reasoning for this is they want to see how Dave does with the pressure. He's young and they already know how Cundiff and Edinger handle pressure. They want to see how Dave handles the pressure.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well I'm hoping to see Dave do well because he has such a powerful leg and not a lot of kickers have power anymore

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts