1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens' Thomas will become unrestricted free agent

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jakest3r, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    new thread, same topic? ok. let's sign him.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    can someone tell me why this is in the packer forum?

are there rumors of GB getting him or something(even though that makes no sense) ?

4. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    '

Has someone already posted something exactly like this? This was just posted on ESPN about an hour ago that the Ravens won't franchise him. If this has been posted, please lock/delete.

5. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes..

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Is he going to play tight end for us?

7. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, they would move him to full time DE and get KGB out. Possibly put him in the moss+draft pick trade? I don't know. I hope that's sarcasm!! :rotflmao: I mean.. unless a 270 pounder would work great at TE. :jumpsmile:

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Bubba Franks
    Height: 6-6 Weight: 265
    Born: Jan 6, 1978 - Riverside, CA
    College: Miami (FL)
    Draft: 2000 - 1st round (14th pick) by the Green Bay Packers

nope, 270 pounders are NO GOOD!

9. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

NOPE! :rotflmao:

10. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, there have been plenty of RUMORS re: the Packers interest in Thomas. Even PFT states that the Packers are at or near the top of teams considering him. Of course, the team just MIGHT be fueling the rumors(by not denying them) in order to squeeze Cullen Jenkins a bit. RUMOR has it that Jenkins will demand big bucks to stay on. A little potential competition for the DE spot opposite Kampmann wouldn't hurt a bit. It may even nudge KGB into accepting a contract re-do since he is no longer a 3 down DE. This is just one of my conspiracy theories but hardly a novel one.

11. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    if it's true that Jenkins is holding out for a big pay-day he's a dumbass. he started like 4 games.

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    and was more effective than KGB the entire year.

13. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    but you know what i'm talking about. everybody was pissed at javon walker, and he eventually got traded because he wanted the payday after one productive year, and jenkins only had 1/4 of a productive year. and i know this is different because his contract is actually up, but you get my point.

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i really dont. he's a FA. he will either get a payday from GB or some other team.

15. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
  16. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Trom,

This has nothing to do with you.... I am a Trom fan, I am just using the above quote as an example for what I see so often here on this forum. it is what I call the "Horrible First Impression Syndrome."

There are a great deal more people who read this forum than those who actually post something. Most of those people I am sure have no idea that there are other "Specific" forums here for NFL News, college, the draft and such.

If the purpose and goal of any forum is to build contributors I might suggest we all be a little less anal about where new contributors post their contributions. The bottom line is this.... Jakest3r is bringing up a damn good topic that has a great deal to do with Packer Free Agent Pick Ups. I am sure that is what Jakest3r was meaning to do Give the guy a fricking break. He has a little over 200 posts, and why do we need to run people off by bitching about a new guys post placement.

It is the FREAKING OFF SEASON. We all should be thankful there are actually people here WHO post in the off season so it gives us food for thought. Lighten up on the forum post placement people.

A Post about a NEW free agent is an interesting topic that may bring on more content. Was Jakester3r's crime that he did not enter the sentence "Should we pick him up?" because he did not type that in, should the thought be banished to the NFL thread? Give the guy a frickin break. Give the new people a frickin break It is the OFF SEASON.

I have seen it so many times on a forum. There are people who may have been readers for so long finally make a contribution to a forum and some one rips that person a new one for posting it in a the wrong forum or for some other silly reason. Those people disappear for ever, never post again and I do not blame them.

Great Post Jakester3r. It is food for thought.

Raider Pride.

17. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    that post made me laugh. when im anti-moderation(moderators) i get torn a new one from the 'higher ups', and when im pro-moderation(moderators), I get an essay from RP.

whatever.

18. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If and when defensive end Cullen Jenkins signs a multiyear contract with the Green Bay Packers, it appears likely it will be a three- or four-year deal as opposed to the longer six-year deals that other defensive ends have signed this offseason. Brian Levy, one of Jenkins' agents, met Thursday at the NFL scouting combine with Andrew Brandt, the Packers' vice president of player finance. Levy said the talks were fruitful, and the sides would meet again today.