Ravens deal CB Derrick Martin

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Baltimore made a deal with the Packers, unloading corner Derrick Martin for a conditional pick, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times. The Ravens spent some time during camp trying to convert Martin to safety because he's a heavy...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Report: Packers dropping Brian Brohm

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times and National Football Post is reporting that the Packers will place quarterback Brian Brohm on waivers Saturday. That leaves Matt Flynn secure, for the moment anyway, as the backup quarterback in Green Bay and...

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers Trade T Moll To Ravens For DB Martin

The Green Bay Packers have traded T Tony Moll to the Baltimore Ravens for DB Derrick Martin. The transaction was announced Saturday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

A 5-foot-10, 200-pound fourth-year player, Martin has played in 28 games, including three starts, for the Ravens over his first three seasons. He was a sixth-round selection by Baltimore in the 2006 NFL Draft.

Moll appeared in 39 games, including 18 starts, for Green Bay over the last three seasons.

Source: Packers.com

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brohm To Be Cut!

off Pro Football talk- Report: Packers dropping Brian Brohm | ProFootballTalk.com

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times and National Football Post is reporting that the Packers will place quarterback Brian Brohm on waivers Saturday.

That leaves Matt Flynn secure, for the moment anyway, as the backup quarterback in Green Bay and leaves the Packers with nothing to show for the 56th overall pick in the 2008 draft. Brohm was beaten out by Flynn in each of the last two years and struggled mightily in preseason while Flynn was on the sidelines with a shoulder injury.

Brohm completed 39 of 62 passes for 300 yards during preseason action, but the key numbers are really three and zero. He threw three picks and no touchdowns which leads to a 54.5 passer rating and, it seems, no job.

Biggs reports that the Packers may be in the market for a third quarterback to take Brohm's place on the roster and mentions Luke McCown of the Buccaneers as a possibility.

:frustrated: waste!

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just some more updates:

Released: DL Dean Muhtadi, T Dane Randolph, DE Ronald Talley, CB Trevor Ford, LB Cyril Obiozor, QB Brian Brohm, T Andrew Hartline, RB Tyrell Sutton, T Jamon Meredith, RB Kregg Lumpkin.

Placed on injured reserve: CB Pat Lee (knee), DE Justin Harrell (back).

Trade: The Packers acquired CB Derrick Martin from the Ravens for OL Tony Moll

shame about Sutton, and i had high hopes for meredith. :/

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Partial Packers moves reported, including Harrell to IR

Though the team has yet to make any official announcements on the matter, the folks at the Green Bay Press Gazette have tracked down the majority of the moves.With 10 more to go, here's what the Packers have done.Cornerback Pat...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't like the moves at all. They haven't been announced officially, though. But bad moves, on Brohm, Meredith and Sutton. The only good move is the trade of Tony Moll, but then again, it was a bad move keeping Moll until this far.

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers Release 18 Players, Place Four On Injured Reserve

The Green Bay Packers released 18 players and placed four on injured reserve. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the transactions Saturday.

Released Saturday were wide receiver Jake Allen, quarterback Brian Brohm, cornerback Trevor Ford, guard/tackle Andrew Hartline, wide receiver Kole Heckendorf, linebacker Danny Lansanah, running back Kregg Lumpkin, defensive end Alfred Malone, wide receiver Ruvell Martin, tackle Jamon Meredith, nose tackle Dean Muhtadi, linebacker Cyril Obiozor, cornerback Joe Porter, tackle Dane Randolph, safety Anthony Smith, running back Tyrell Sutton, defensive end Ronald Talley and nose tackle Anthony Toribio.

Defensive end Justin Harrell, cornerback Pat Lee, tight end Evan Moore and safety Charlie Peprah were placed on injured reserve.

Source: Packers.com

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers announce their cuts

In lieu of picking through the prior post with a partial portion of the Packers' player personnel . . . list (is there a word starting with "p" that means list?), here's the full list of official moves, as announced...

billysofly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
still confuse on sutton being release his quick cut would be great for packer one cut zone blocking also i also heard wynn was cut too

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
still confuse on sutton being release his quick cut would be great for packer one cut zone blocking also i also heard wynn was cut too

Nope, Wynn is still on the roster.

Surprises: Sutton who was playing great, Anthony Smith who was pushing Bigby for the starting spot, Jamon Meredith our 5th round OT, Bro...well, that wasn't a big surprise. Maybe they will seek Jeff Garcia for the backup position...who knows. Why did we kept 3 FBs?

Oh, and Justin The Bust Harrell is on injury reserve. Just like Pat Lee.

That means that with our 3 second round picks on last year draft, the only one which survived (and it's really great) is Jordy Nelson.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They also kept 3 C, with Dietrich-Smith. My guess is that they'll trade Kuhn and Wells, that's why they kept them. But it's still not a good move when you keep Bush and release Smith. Brohm, Meredith and Sutton are questionable. I would've kept them. But cutting Smith, baring off-the-field problems, and keeping Bush, is unexplicable.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am hoping Sutton is added to the PS. I am not convinced Wynn is good enough at even 3 due to his lack of durability. Meredith was a project, everyone knew it. Swain better do something also, Ruvell was always a favorite target when he was on the field and a hard worker.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Ruvell, Sutton and Smith were surprises to me. Brohm, not so much as he never really got comfortable in the pocket. But heck, playing with the 2nd-3rd strings who let a defender through the line every other down would make me nervous too.

Harrell to IR...WTF!? Seriously now. WTF!? This is just embarrassing.

Maybe we can trade for Tavaris Jackson as our 3rd string QB. Haven't I heard for the last month incessantly how Minnesota's offense is so similar to ours!?

Put Sutton on the PS

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Ruvell Martin is going to go somewhere and start in a couple years. He's that good. I really really don't understand letting him go. Some team out there is going to get a bargain. I'd imagine Ruvell's phone is blowing up right now with offers.

Sutton was far more effective than Wynn this preseason. Further proof that having a monster preseason doesn't matter at all.

Meredith surprises me. A lot. Everywhere I read about draft steals, Meredith was on that list. I expected him to start in the near future. I have no idea why they cut him this soon.

I thought Anthony Smith had Bigby beat for that starting Safety spot. Another guy who's phone is probably blowing up right now.

Brohm doesn't bother me. Sometimes you have to cut your losses. He cost too much money for a third string QB.

I thought Lansannah played well enough for a roster spot too. Especially given that the 3-4 allows us to keep more LB's. I guess I was wrong.

Harrell should get the Brohm treatment, but I don't think TT wants to admit failure on him quite yet.

Overall, very disappointed. Obviously it's not like we cut any starters (outside of maybe Smith), so we should still be contenders in the North, I just feel like we lost a lot of quality depth today.

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW I dont like the move gettin rid of anthony smith that guy was doin waaaay better than bigby. Im pretty pissed about that.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF @ Smith, Martin, Sutton, and Meredith getting released. TT messed up badly. Understandable about Brohm getting released. Hopefully TT signs a veteran QB like Mccown or Garcia.

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCown is gone, so I guess we're pursuing Garcia?

Lots of unexpected moves, really. I guess Martin from the Ravens is going to replace Smith, Lee, and/or Peprah, is he any good? I don't remember seeing him play. Is he a safety

All in all, I guess TT now has to rebuild depth on the team, and I expect some moves to be made. Of course QB, but also another couple of backups in the secondary and maybe in the OL (unless the Dietrich-Smith can play multiple positions) are needed.

And whoa, Sutton and Martin? Those are big time surprises. Martin has proven a consistent target during the years, making the most of his little playing time. Plus, he's more physical than anyone we have on the team. Not that we needed him badly, but he was damn useful. I really don't understand the move.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brohm needed to play to save his job this pre-season & he didn't so that's not a shock to me.

Harrell is an unknown as of yet due to minimal PT so one last chance at corrective surgery and/or corrective therapy might be in order before giving up on him. It's one thing to be healthy & not becoming integral to the team due to mental setbacks (Brohm) & another to be unable to show your worth because of physical setbacks.

I can see why Ruvell Martin didn't make it. After this amount of time in the organization you expect the guy to be pushing for a starting job, not comfortably handling the #5 duties. It's a $$$ thing too. Do you want to pay your 5th WR the league minimum for a 4th-year player who's not standing out? With Martin's height he should have been a more dominant WR. He had plenty of time to show more than he did & it's time for someone else to develop that 5th WR position.

On the other hand Anthony Smith & Tyrell Sutton were easily winning their respective position battles. I was looking forward to seeing both on the field this season & beyond. Sutton just looked faster than everyone on the field when he had the ball. He was a nice KR too. Sometimes you're left scratching your head about some decisions this time of year.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT's only really hit on ONE second round draft pick, and that was Greg Jennings. Your goal as a GM should be to get immediate day-1 starters with your first and second round picks.

Collins started, but took 4 years to become decent, Colledge damed near that long, Murphy never played a down, Brandon Jackson is useless, Brian Brohm was severely over-hyped, Pat Lee is useless and Jordy Nelson is decent - difficult to quantify his value when he's the 3rd to 4th option on an offense, which begs the question why would a GM feel the need to upgrade a stacked position, especially with an offensive line that cannot run-block to save its life and a defensive line that cannot consistently collapse the pocket.

It ain't hard to do the math - TT needs to up his game big-time in round 2!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts