Raven Greene?

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't find any word on him this week. He's been practicing and the roster is at 52, so I'm not sure why we wouldn't activate him. They could still do that today, correct?

If he is activated, do people think he'll get meaningful snaps? His versatility could give us a nice boost, but I wonder if it's too big of a risk to play him in an NFC championship game after missing the majority of the season. Thoughts?

OP
OP
broguy

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well...looks like we might need that roster spot for a punter if the team is worried that JK Scott can't play.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that Max McGee and Boyd Dowler were sometimes punters. Based on that; maybe one of our tall receivers.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Surely JK can muster it up to kick the football a few times even if he feels under the weather. I think he will be fine.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if he has the flu, not being able to effectively hold the football is inexcusable.

Ever had the flu? Any amount of energy loss hampers reaction time. If he had the flu last week, he might not have been able to salvage that bad snap. For that matter, have you ever been a holder? I have. It's not as easy as it looks on TV.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Ever had the flu? Any amount of energy loss hampers reaction time. If he had the flu last week, he might not have been able to salvage that bad snap.
Jordan played great with the flu. Don’t wanna hear excuses for holding the ball for a place kicker.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan played great with the flu. Don’t wanna hear excuses for holding the ball for a place kicker.

Get outta here, man. If you haven't done it you have no clue how the flu can affect reaction time. And Jordan played basketball. He didn't have to worry about making a split second reaction to a football coming at him at 25mph and get it accurately placed all in less than a second.

And for the record, Jordan did NOT have the flu in that game. Tim Grover claimed it was food poisoning. Others close to the team have made the case that the whole thing was a ruse and that he exaggerated his symptoms to try to gain a psychological advantage. The whole Scottie Pippen practically carrying him off the court bit is so contrived it's comical.

On the two times in his career that the team physician actually confirmed with a swab test that he had the flu, the first time he didn't play at all and the second time he played most of one quarter and had to sit out the rest of it. The great "Jordan Flu Game" is a myth.

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marv Fleming was limping on the field with a broken bone in his foot and Lombardi screamed at him.... Fleming what the hell are you doing out there, I spoke with the doctor, that is not a weight bearing bone!!!

yeah yeah yeah holders are finely tuned machines.... hopefully he can suck it up and/or they have someone else on the team who can master skill

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the Greene injury was pretty substantial. If he is active then thats a great thing going forward for people needing a blow.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't it interesting they waited until almost the 11th hour to do this.

There is chess game going on...

D

Deleted member 6794

If he is activated, do people think he'll get meaningful snaps? His versatility could give us a nice boost, but I wonder if it's too big of a risk to play him in an NFC championship game after missing the majority of the season. Thoughts?

I don't believe Greene will play a significant amount of snaps on defense as it takes some time to get up to speed. He might be used on special teams though.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An
I don't believe Greene will play a significant amount of snaps on defense as it takes some time to get up to speed. He might be used on special teams though.
And of course some major injuries. But let us hope not.

Members online

Latest posts