1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rats

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Aug 6, 2006.

1. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good with Rats too.

[​IMG]

2. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rent the move "Willard"....

and start your own Army..terrify the neighbors!

3. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well..if you're on a budget.

You could eat them...

CaveRat and Taters
    Ingredients:

3 Young, fat CaveRats
    8 Sweet potatoes
    2 Tablespoons butter
    1 Tablespoon sugar
    1 Pinch of salt

Directions:

Skin the CaveRats and remove the head, tail and feet.
    Wash it thoroughly and remove all parasites.
    Peel the potatoes and boil them tender in lightly salted water along with the butter and sugar.
    At the same time, stew the CaveRats tenderly in a tightly covered pan with a little water.
    Arrange the taters around the CaveRats.
    Sprinkle with thyme or marjoram, or pepper, and brown in the oven.
    Baste often with the drippings.
    Serve and enjoy!!!

4. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How to Cure Rat Meat

This is probably best with 9 -12 well aged rats. First you need a crock that is big enough to hold the rats you want to cure. First make the brine.

For three gallons of brine, add to your crock:

1 1/2 lb. Kosher Salt, 5 oz. Sugar, 2 Tbs. Peppercorns, 1 Tbs. Whole Cloves
    6 Bay Leaves, 10 Tbs. Pickling Spices, 2 Onions, Sliced , 12 Cloves Garlic, crushed, 10 Small Hot Dry Red Chiles, and enough cold pure water to make three gallons.

Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved. Add rats, do not pack tightly, they need some room. A half ounce or so of Nitrate is protection against the possibility of Botulism. When the rats are in the crock, cover them with a plate, and put something on the plate heavy enough to ensure the rats will stay submerged in the brine. Tie a cloth over the top of the crock to keep out bugs. Store in a cool spot. Turn the rats every few days. A scum of white mold may form on top, but that is normal. The rats will be ready to cook in 2-3 weeks. What you don't use immediately freezes well.

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Is this thread about Chinese food?

6. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You asked the right person. ;)

We had a rat problem because the area we lived floods and the rats need to go somewhere. Unfortunately, it was our house.

We hired an exterminator. He put out traps. $30/mo and it took about 3 or 4 months. Keep in mind, we had a lot of rats, so maybe yours will take a shorter time.

The other thing is you have to get rid of places to go. We went outside and had to cut some bushes down. We found rat turds in some of the bushes, so we trimmed them so much that they couldn't live there anymore.

Also, pick up a rat terrier. 8)

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats a big problem.......being an apartment building, even if you have someone come into YOUR apartment to get rid of them, they are in the others, and will return.
    I think what you will need to do is, make the OTHER apartments more likeable to the rats! Send each of the people in your building "Cheese Baskets" as gifts........ :wink:

8. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Get a Ferret!

9. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Q$*(@#)%*~!!!

Friggin rat found a way to get on the sofa... :-?

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Hey AADP how bout you kill the rat in your mic and maybe next week you can discuss the Packer game not the Vikings or Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

11. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a lot riding on the Bears winning.... :D

12. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Teach him how to go for "beer runs" during the game..

May pay off. You'll have a new bud to watch the Pack with...

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats true Majic! Haven't any of you ever heard of the famous "Rat Pack?"
    Very few know it was actually short for "Rat Packers!" :wink: :lol:

14. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You pussy....I mean you get a cat! The best method with rat traps are the old school trap where the metal bar wacks the crap out them. The trick is use Peanut Butter as bait. They try to lick it off, then whammo...dead rat.

15. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    AADP,

Here are some suggestions:

1. Put warfarin (rat poison) down. You can get it at Canadian Tire.
    2. Get a mean cat or a ferret. If you go this route, don't also do #1.
    3. Call an exterminator and bill the shyster lanlord.

However, keep in mind Toronto's downtown is infested with rats, especially the Spadina/Chinatown area. When I was working out of 901 King, there were rat traps around every entrance to the building. Rats, mice and roaches kinda come hand-in-hand with living in the cesspool that call downtown Toronto, unless you want to pay $1400/month in rent for a shoebox apartment.

Personally, I'd rather move than be putting up with living with vermin. :puke:

16. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thank God i'm a country girl!! :D

17. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Why is it that I find this thread insanely funny? I have laughed my a** off throughout all 7 pages!!

Anyway, on a serious note, I would be curious as to why the landlord/priest would give you a break in rent rather than fix the problem? hmmmm...inquiring minds want to know!

I would do two things. First, write a letter (for documentation) to the Landlord. It would go as follows:

Dear Father,

As I lay me down to sleep, I pray no rats are at my feet.
    Should I be bit before I wake. It's your friggin head I shall take!

No actually I would write this.

Dear (insert name)

After countless conversations and verbal complaints, I am formally writing you to ducument my complaint regarding numerous incidences of rats investing my apartment at (insert address). Since you have failed to respond in an appropriate way, I am forced to make the following demands.

I demand an exterminator to service not only my apartment but the entire building within one week. Furthermore, I demand the the exterminator continue servicing the building on a consistant schedule for the safety of all the tenants.

Failure to meet my demand in a timely manner will result in some or all of the following actions on my part.

1. After one week without an exterminator, I will acquire one, have them service the building and reduce my rent paid by the amount of the exterminators services.

2. Break my lease and sue for reinstatement of my deposit on grounds of said landlord breaching contract by not keeping said rental in livable conditions.

3. Contact Human health services and file a formal civil and possible criminal complaint.

4. Contact local news agencies (TV & Print) and explain my predictament

My demands are not unreasonable and as you can see the consequences are all rights I have under the laws of (insert state or providence). Should you fail to protect my right to a livable home, I will have to enforce my rights.

God Bless.....

All about da pack

18. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Oops! forget to tell you the second thing...

The second thing I would do is have some fun while you give the landlord the week to get the exterminator. Get a pump BB gun. Trust me, I can (and have) killed squirrels from 50yds when I pump the gun up 10 times. You can shoot the gun in the city because it is not considered a firearm.

One shot will easily kill the rats and it makes a sport out of it for you!

19. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trip, First of all I loved the first letter better...LOL...I am still laughing,,

But I most definately would write the second letter, you have to take some action here...

20. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I have to party with trippster

21. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ditto!!! good stuff, tripp!!!!! :rotflmao:

22. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Brass Rat

A man walked into a curio store and was looking around. After awhile, he chose a brass rat and brought it up to the counter.

The proprietor said, that will be $10 for the brass rat and $1,000 for the story behind it.
    The man said, 'Thanks, but I'll just pay the $10 and pass on the story.'

He purchased the brass rat and left the store.
    As he was walking down the street, he started noticing all sorts of rats following him. The further he walked -- the more rats followed. He walked down to the wharf and still more rats came out and followed him. So, he decided to walk out into the water, which he did -- and all the rats drowned.

He returned to the store where he purchased the brass rat, and when he walked in, the proprietor said, 'Ah ha! You came back to pay the $1,000 for the story, right?'

'Nope,' replied the man, 'Just came back to see if you have any brass lawyers!'

23. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  24. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I will take a little rat residue over a un-happy employee who decides to hawk a Loogie in my rye and cheese sandwich any day.

Alway's treat your servers with respect when ordering your meal.

Raider Pride.

25. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    *curls to the ground and starts shuttering*

There out to get me..... :-?