1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Rats

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Aug 6, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't like them.

New apt has them. Old one didn't. How do I deal with this problem?

What I currently do: Every time I see a rat I:

1. Scream like a girl
    2. Get on the closest elevated thing and stay there
    3. Yell for my "mommy" and "daddy"
    4. Shed a few tears
    5. Finally call my mommy and daddy to come over

..... er wait, I wonder if that will ruin my rep... :p

No but seriously, what do I do. Clever little buggers, found an electrical cord that leads to the counter, so now they are able to get on the kitchen counter and hide behind things you normally wouldn't suspect...

Covered that up, so now they found out that the doors aren't big enough, and they can slide underneath....

And dear God, those things can friggin jump. :shock:

Help. :-?

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    1. Call an exterminator (or your landlord, and beat his ***)
    2. Get a skinny kitty, and make him a fat kitty.
    3. Move
    4. Deal with it and become "The Rat King"

but yeah, im the same way with spiders. ive had guns pulled on me, and have been to the hospital multiple times(damn im dumb) but none of that **** frightened me more than seeing a spider or bug near or on me. One time I was in the shower and a spider lowered down in front of me. I ran out of the shower and down the hall. That was an interesting thanksgiving.

but yeah, those 4 are the only options i can think of, buddy.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Been thinking about it. Don't wanna spend that much though.
    2. Alergic to cats.
    3. Just moved like 2 weeks ago. This is near my school, in downtown, pay LOW rent, shops all around, love it.
    4. Agh. I'm petrified of rats....

Interestingly enough, spiders I adore (yeah, adore). I don't mind them at all, fine little buggers. I swear I'm becoming paranoid, think I just saw a rat go by, when I didn't. Damn I'm not liking this, loosing precious sleep over this thing.... :evil:

4. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    thats f'n nasty dude.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    you wearing slippers? be careful, they will get into your shoes and when you put your shoes on, BAM, RAT! it will be a-scared and destroy your foot. Happened to a guy i know how was a roommate with a guy who knew someone that happened to.

6. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i checked some sites out for you...

you should pour coke into some pie tins. apparently, rats can't burp and they end up suffocating after they drink it, since they can't release the air.

i also read they hate the smell of moth balls, so that might work.

as a last resort you can cut a short stick around 2 feet long and spray the tip of it with oven cleaner. then you simply shove the stick into the area that the rats are coming from and it works as a permanent repellent.

alright i made that last one up...sounds good though.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    rats cant burp?

well...I learned something today. Good.

8. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!! rats??? omg!!! you just gave me the heebie jeebies!!! get rat poison "packs" - they're in a paper baggie sorta thing, rats eat it, & internally bleed to death! mwahahahaha! OR i'd be happy to send Rudy (my golden retriever) over to stay for awhile. he's a great "ratter"!!! i live on a farm - near a creek - we gots rats here too - not in the house or i'd move - just down by the creek. rudy gets 'em all the time - he HATES rats!!!

9. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would try to get Rudy AND 4Packgirl to come over and stay awhile.

10. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I had no idea Rats couldn't burp......and that last idea of your arrow almost sounds legit

11. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Here's my idea on this whole rat-thing....

1. Go downtown and buy a Red Ryder BB gun, paper plates, and some cheese.

2. Put a slice of cheese on a paper plate and set it in the middle of your living room.

3. Have your BB gun locked and loaded and when the first rat comes to eat the cheese........PLUNK!

4. Dispose of dead rat but not discreetly. Parade around your apartment with this dead rat and hopefully its buddies will see this parade of sorts and leave on their own. If not, repeat starting with step #2.

12. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Had a mouse in the garage and got a cheap trap at the grocery store. Tried different bait and nothing worked until we put a Dot candy (yellow worked) on it. Poor thing got his neck broke with his widdle teef clamped on the Dot. Dunno if they make similar rat traps - or perhaps you have a small rat...

13. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I can't believe you wasted a yellow dot on that...DOTS are awesome! They're fat-free too! :lol:

14. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with you - but it was a yellow dot and not a Red one. Would have never considered a Red Dot!! :lol:

15. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    amen to the red dots dealy!! LOL!!!

16. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Before you go to bed fill a bowl with cheap whiskey and place it in the middle of the kitchen floor.

Set your alarm for 2 AM. When you go into the kitchen all the rats will be passed out on the kitchen floor.

Smash their frickin skulls in with your nine iron.

End of problem.

17. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    What if some of the rats are not tempted by the whiskey because they are recovering alcoholics and have already gone through treatment?

18. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    why dont you just use the old fashioned traps and cheese they always seem to work

19. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Actrually to be serious... An old fashion trap with peanut butter will work best. Much better than cheese.

20. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Peanut butter huh?.....I didn't know that

21. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I had mice, and PB worked well for catching the things. I didn't think that we had 'em, but when I would go downstairs and turn the lite on, I was starting to see a quick movement out of the corner of my eye. I shrugged it off as some type of alchohol side effect, but eventually I found a turd. The traps worked well. I think that I got 3 of 'em in 2 weeks. The worst part was my basement flooded and I ended up stepping on a trap. Shoe absorbed most of the snap.

Put the traps up against the wall. I heard that they usually walk along side something.

In school we never had mice. The cockroaches I think kept the rodents away.

22. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We tried the peanut butter but it was a b****h to load on the trap - hence the aforementioned Dot strategy

23. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    You put the peanut butter on a pinch of white bread before you put it on the trap. The Bread gives the peanut butter density.

I can not believe this thread is into it's second page.

I am part of the problem.

Sorry.

R.P.

24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i havent gotten a nasty PM from AADP in a while, i wonder if the rats got him!

25. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Allabout said:"..... er wait, I wonder if that will ruin my rep... "

No worrys there allabout!.........you gotta have a rep to ruin first!!!

Now.........i have been reading this (laughing) when i see all the things that bring terror into people. Rats, spiders,etc.
    It's funny, cause my terror is brought on by BEES, or WASPS! I run, almost smash the car, whatever, just to get away from them. I have shouted down a bear while i was in the woods, with only my hunting knife in my hand, and i handled that better then a dang BEE!!!
    I have also heard that peanut butter on a trap works good. But keep track of where you traps are, as one time when we lived up north we had big mice. Not rats, but the biggest dang mice i ever saw. I set the trap, and when i looked for it, it was gone! I finally found it, with the dang monster mouse still alive! And he chewed half way through a lamp cord! I had to take him outside and give him "uh oh, uh oh uh oh, here comes the Hammer!"
    When i worked for the Milwaukee Sentinel, we would see rats the size of racoons! We would chase them down, and shoot them with wrist rockets. We cornered one BIG one in a window well, and i hit it solid twice. It bared it's teeth, and JUMPED out of the window well straight towards me! I took off running, and we never did that again!
    If you set up rat poison, make SURE it isn't anywhere near your own food. And keep all food in containers that can't be broken into easily.
    Keep us updated on your progress!
    And i'm truely sorry for laughing about it, but the way you worded it just made me visualize you standing on a chair screaming. (Now i can't get that out of my mind!) :lol: