1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Rap

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Sep 4, 2006.

1. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude, I have no problem with any of those genres of music. I am a fan of many artists in all 3 of those genres. I was just pointing out how dumb the haters sound.

If you think all rap is "I was f**kin this b!tch and she was a f**kin gold digger" then you obviously haven't heard too much rap.

2. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny, all those bands you speak of had to actually be able to "read" musical notes and "learn" how to play. Can you say that about most of the rap artists out there ?

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah, sometimes they make an anthem on clothing, like white tees, so now young people wear godamn jeans and a white tee as if its a ******* uniform, and they follow the stereotypes(bling, white tees) down to the letter.

ARGH..sorry..ill let others talk. my bad. apologiesz, yo.

4. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    most main stream rap is bad. Its that simple. I know there is some less heard of rappers that don't just talk about ****. I know as a fan of linkin Park I know about FOrt Minor/ Mike Shinoda and I know he doesn't talk about crap, but most of the popular stuff is just talking about crap like drugs,girls, cars, pimps, etc

5. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I don't like Chingy, Nelly, most mainstream stuff. I only listed MIKE JONES as one of my favorites because of the unintentional comedy he provides. I'm just saying, don't judge the genre based on what's played on the radio.

6. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    trom, I never thought I would agree with you 110 % but you hit the nail on the head with your post. I have listined to and enjoyed so many types of music over the years but have never heard a form ( before rap ) that spends so much time disrespecting women for one example.

Anyone with a teenage daughter right now may be able to relate to the fact that they are growing up with an attitude that it is okay to be called a "bitch" or "hoe" etc and this is just not right. End of story !!!

7. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah some of my friends like make fun of Mike Jones, one downloaded Back Then from Itunes

"Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me"

8. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    rap? this is me...clueless. i won't knock it cause i know NOTHING about it. but to knock classic rock is...is...arrrrgh!!!

9. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    kmac I gotta agree with what you said.

The stuff about "hoes, bling, rides" aren't what rap is all about. Rap is much deeper. I like artists like Kanye, Eminem (lyrical ability is sick), Outkast (can't hate on their own style), Old school Nas (illest rapper back then), old school LL cool J, etc. Now a days if I listen to a song that talks about this stuff, then it is because the beat is that good.

Being into dancing and stuff, I do look at beats quite a bit, and still ilke a song even if it has a negative message, because I just get the instrumental. Rap is deep, real deep.

However the stuff out now.... is pathetic at best.

10. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    just stay away from the radio, for the most part.

you can find dope sh!t in almost any genre if you actually look for it.

the blanket statements about hip hop are hilarious though...to each is own i suppose.

11. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    To me it seems that most modern music stinks period. I don't know enough about rap to judge it but I know old country, AWESOME, new country, give me a break. Old rock, matchless. New rock, someone get these kids a different job cause they shouldn't be in a band. Just my opinion not fact I guess but the old stuff of most music types seemed to be more authentic and creative. If anyone dares to run down Hank Williams Jr. then you don't deserve to watch the Monday night opening. lol

12. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    my beef with rap:
    1.) SOOOO much of it!
    2.) Completely overtakes MTV, etc.
    3.) Lyrics....ugggh :roll:
    4.) The fact that it is so easy to keep pumping out album after album after album after album of the sh*t. Just a matter of coming up with any kind of beat and then talking over it. (I heard a song called 'the whisper song" or sumtin like that and I nearly sh*t myself....he REALLY DID WHISPER THE WHOLE TIME! :puke:
    5.) Impact on youth. (cuz, granted, most of it is bad....) A TON have gun shot noises in the song! WTF!!!
    6.) Mysogynistic, hate-fueled, sadistic, and anti-authority.
    7.) Glorifies gang violence, killing the police, and violence against women. I agree that death metal (which im not into) has its bad points, but its also far less mainstream than rap. most of that kind of metal is underground and you'd have to go out of your way to listen to it. I must say, however, that the large majority of the rock these days is not sending bad messages to youth whatsoever. It's usually just "im depressed," but I don't see how that is bad...

anyways, that's my feeling on it. i will say though, that i plan on getting some "grillz" soon. That way I'll be all bling-bling when I smile....lol pfff :roll:
    The whole rap/hip hop fashions are mind boggling... :shrug:
    That's much more typing than I usually have in my posts...now I'm tired, first day of classes here at college and I'm already sick of it...nap time....

13. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Amplification (and I agree 110% with your intial post Trom)

Anyone can write down poor man's poetry that degrades women, incites violence and give false hope to millions of "talented artists"

14. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    "Were Not gonna take it, No we aint gonna take it..."

I thought of that song as I read that....good song

15. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love rap. It's pretty much the only thing I listen to because it's entertaining. I just think it's funny how this got into a big ethical argument. I'm a young impressionable kid and I'm not out gang banging shootin' up the place. For a lot of these PERFORMERS, it's what they grew up with. It's just music my friends.

P.S. Country is garbage.

16. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dem Franchize Boyz are my favorite rap group.

17. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Way to absolutely kill our cause dude :lol:

18. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    exactly

19. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :lol:

20. Magoo

Magoo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let us look at rap from a scientific approach....

Rap - A form of nonsensical gibberish performed by those without any real musical talent. Many rap "artists" given one million dollars will purchase a one million dollar gold chain.

Created in the crack-infested slums of New York City during the late 1970s, it took years for rap to finally find a home in suburbia.
    Now enjoyed by Caucasians with little or no taste in music and suffering from low self-esteem, it lost its lame attempt at shock value when a large, red pitcher of sugary refreshment looked into the camera and shouted "Yo Kool-Aid!"

21. scharles

scharles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in college and enjoy Classic Rock, some Country and I'm into Rap, but that doesn't make me some punk kid. It's music, doesn't cause me to make distasteful choices or actions. If someone dresses one way because rappers do there is nothing wrong with that. The rapper image is stained because of happenings with drugs and things of that sort. Well Johnny Cash was involved with drugs, as well as Elvis, along with a lot of Classic Rock artists, I know you all know this too. Give rap a break, its just what some of today's music is...

22. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was weary of opening this thread. It was exactly what I expected. the people against rap were citing the bullshit that gets played on the radio and MTV while the few people in favor of rap are trying to tell everyone else that's not really rap. Those few people are correct. What you hear on the radio is closer to pop music than it is to rap - or true rap as it was intended.

KMAC just became an ally of mine by listing his favorite rappers. He has great taste in music. Guys like Jay, Kanye, Common, Talib Kweli, De La Soul, The Roots, Dell the Funky Homosapien, Mos Def, 2Pac, eminem, and Tribe just to name a few do original music that is as artistic as anything a rocker can do. The problem is, with few exceptions, nobody ever hears it.

So a rocker saying they don't have any respect for rap because all they hear is Chingy and Lil Jon is no different than a rapper saying they don't like rock because all they hear is Blink 182 or whatever other bullshit emo is getting radio play at the moment. It's not fair to either genre.

In my opinion, there's good music and there's bad music. And it's spread pretty equally across all genres.

(On a side note, I'm a huge fan of Paul Wall, Lil Flip, Mike Jones, and Chamillionaire because I grew up in Houston - even though, technically, their **** sucks now. But from '96-'01 SwishaHouse, DJ Screw, and The Screwed-Uped Click was underground and completely original. It eventually started a new movement in hip-hop, so I've got to stand by my boys.)

23. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    im not a rocker.

but rap sucks(imo) for the reasons I listed.

playing an instrument gets anyone in any genre bonus points. creating beats is not the same thing. And how many of those great beats get destroyed by ****** rapping, or with ****** content.

damn shame.

btw kayne,jay,eminem,2pac, and some of the others all get radio time.

24. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Afraid I don't understand a thing he's talking about :!:

25. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    roflmao, edder!! kinda reminds us once again just how OLD we are, huh??
    :)