IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted Sep. 26, 2005

Rants and raves
Officials needed work, but Carroll gets thumbs-up

By Chris Havel
PackersNews.com

RANT: The Packers are quite capable of making their own mistakes without help from the officials. It looked like Curly, Moe and Larry sneaked into the officials’ locker room and tied up umpire Ed Coukart’s crew before the game.

Tampa Bay’s Brian Griese got away with an intentional grounding penalty that would have moved the Bucs out of field goal range. He also got away with an obvious fumble that would have given the Packers’ offense the ball at the Tampa Bay 13. The referee’s explanation/excuse on the fumble was an inadvertent whistle.

• • •

YA think...? - IPBprez

• • •

RAVE: Call it the miracle on Lombardi Avenue. Ahmad Carroll played an entire game without a single illegal hands/pass interference/defensive holding penalty. He also made what could have been the game-winning interception if he hadn’t stumbled.

• • •

RANT: When the Bucs’ Carnell Williams rushed for 17 yards to the Packers’ 24-yard line with 2 minutes to play, Packers coach Mike Sherman should have allowed Tampa Bay to score a touchdown. It would have given the Bucs a 24-16 lead, and the Packers a chance to tie the game with a touchdown and two-point conversion. Sherman’s explanation, and I paraphrase, went something like, “That was one way to go.â€

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
RAVE: Call it the miracle on Lombardi Avenue. Ahmad Carroll played an entire game without a single illegal hands/pass interference/defensive holding penalty. He also made what could have been the game-winning interception if he hadn’t stumbled.

Coincidentally, Carroll went through Michael Pittman in his attempt to break up the play, contacting Pittman from behind before the ball arrived (thus keeping Pittman from having the opportunity to securely catch the ball). Carroll should have been flagged for pass interference. Even if he had scored on the play, it should have been a first down for the Bucs because of the penalty.

RANT: When the Bucs’ Carnell Williams rushed for 17 yards to the Packers’ 24-yard line with 2 minutes to play, Packers coach Mike Sherman should have allowed Tampa Bay to score a touchdown. It would have given the Bucs a 24-16 lead, and the Packers a chance to tie the game with a touchdown and two-point conversion. Sherman’s explanation, and I paraphrase, went something like, “That was one way to go.â€

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I told you all so.

I told you all so, so.

I told you all so, so, so.

I told you all so, so, so, so many times.

Carrol is going to be very good.

Carol was awesome on special teams last week especially on kick coverage. This week he played solid, with out flags and had a pick.

Too many people here jumped on this kid. One of you even said "I Hate Him."

Start sending this kid some letters of appology guys....

I am usually very seldom right just ask my bookie. But I had a feeling about this kid, and I am very happy for him. I am sure we all want him to do well.

RP

Members online

Latest posts